ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing "Fool to Cry" Palacio de los Deportes, México City January 1995
Longest stop on tour ever, January 7 to 25
By Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ticket master/good seats Return to archive
09-21-02 01:50 AM
MICK JAGGER FAN tomorrow i am going to try and get tickets for the january show at the united center in chicago.

does anyone know any tricks how to get good seats.

Last time i logged into ticketmaster and i still didnt get good seats. does anyone have any suggestions on how to get good seats

thanks terrie
09-21-02 11:54 AM
Stones Fan, Gar Tickets went on sale by phone at 10:00, Ticketmaster had no tickets for this event around 10:30. What to do now? I guess I'll have to scrounge around and keep my ear to the ground 'til Jan. At least i was able to see them at Comiskey, but the United Center would be sweet!
09-21-02 12:02 PM
parmeda Sorry to hear about your misfortune SF, Gar...

I was one of the lucky ones to pull through and purchase tickets this morning... the whole time with my heart in my throat, my fingers crossed, my legs crossed, and hell...even my eyes were crossed.

Keep your chin up! Hopefully something my come through for you.
09-21-02 12:50 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Glad to hear you got tickets, hope you have great seats. Going to do some calling around, who knows, maybe they didn't release all the tickets, as I had heard they did hold some for other venues.Wish me luck, lol.
09-21-02 12:53 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Oh by the way, how do I get my avatar to show up? Don't want to sound new here, but actually, I am.
09-22-02 10:33 PM
joeyb
quote:
Stones Fan, Gar wrote:
Tickets went on sale by phone at 10:00, Ticketmaster had no tickets for this event around 10:30. What to do now? I guess I'll have to scrounge around and keep my ear to the ground 'til Jan. At least i was able to see them at Comiskey, but the United Center would be sweet!

ok, you sound so despondent that i'm gonna let you in on a few secrets - you don't wanna end up with your heart pounding, holding your pee in, praying that you'll get lucky at ticketmaster. any of these should do the trick.

-log onto the internet, and in the address field at the top of the screen, type: ebay.com. at the site, enter: "rolling stones united" and/or "rolling stones chicago". you will find the magical instructions about how you can get the tickets if you click on "about ebay."

-go to google or another search engine and type: "ticket brokers chicago". call the brokers and ask: "how much for stones tix in january?" after they speak, say "can't do it. i'd give ya [state whatever is 80% of what they said]." repeat process with each broker. only buy the ones that are the lowest priced among your quotes.

-go to a bunch of stones sites and post this topic: "my mom is dying - please help!" your post should say that your mom saw the stones only once in the late seventies and her only wish is to see them once more before she dies. stress that you two have been abandoned by a husband/child abuser, and can barely pay rent and food. also say "my mom is such a good person - i'd feel terrible i can't make her dying wish come true. can ANYBODY help us?" [also include your address - some people'll probably send a little cash]

-go to the show. i GUARANTEE you'll find slews of tix for under face value. if you don't, i'll pay myself for a pair when they return on the 16th leg of this tour.

now...PLEASE don't tell anybody these precious secrets. otherwise, anybody could get stones tix - and it would make anybody who posted something like this look like the biggest idiot on earth.

your welcome, and good luck!

[Edited by joeyb]
09-22-02 10:45 PM
full moon WWW.goldcoasttickets.com
09-23-02 12:47 AM
joeyb oh yeah, one more thing - no matter what you do, don't ever, EVER use these pirates called gold coast tickets!

p.s. just kidding. but brokers have overhead, and there the scum of the fuckin' earth. but ebay is the best. it's the only way to see what the real "market value" is - meaning what the prices fix at with widest selection and most customers.
[Edited by joeyb]