ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rehearsing "Fool to Cry" Palacio de los Deportes, México City January 1995
Longest stop on tour ever, January 7 to 25
By Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do We Have The Aragon On Tape? Return to archive
09-18-02 09:47 PM
MidnightRambler Anybody hear ANYTHING about this show recorded? Would appreciate any news be posted!

Thanks!
09-18-02 10:45 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch What is the Stones policy on bootlegs? Just curious. Some bands are more openly negative/postive about being recorded than others. I tried to wade through Ron Wood's recent statement about bootlegs and "stealing" but one or both of us wasn't coherent enough to understand what he meant.
09-19-02 05:05 AM
MRD8 I have a supposed excellent audience recording of the 9/16 Aragon show comming in next week...I'll let you know how excellent it really is!
09-19-02 06:33 AM
peterdv if it's excellent , couldn't you tree it on RO ??
just a suggestion ...

i wonder if there aren't other shows circulating on this board, cause we are only doing the fleet momentarely...

just a question

Peter
09-19-02 07:41 AM
Keef999 Hi MRD8,

Please, when you receive the Aragon show, could you contact with me? Maybe we can make a very cool trade...

My e-mail: [email protected]
Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Alvaro, from Spain
09-19-02 07:43 AM
Keef999 Sorry, my correct e-mail address is : [email protected]

Alvaro
09-19-02 09:19 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Fuck this. I have all three Chicago shows on tape but I'm not offering them up here for being called a "Diaper Dandy". Moohahahaha....
09-19-02 09:23 AM
midnightmagic Seeking Aragon tape or cd- email me [email protected]
Have many to trade.

Thanks.

Alvaro how is it going?
09-19-02 09:34 AM
Maxlugar I have a boot with Mick talking about boots in the beginning.

He likes them but says you shouldn't have to pay much for them. Sounds like Mick from about 1970 so he may have changed his opinion on them.

Words to live by though.

Even though I have spent over a thousand dollars on them.

The boot is Static In The Attic.

Thurston Maxy III

09-19-02 03:05 PM
sonicrock have interview with keef sayin bootlegin shows for fan s is an ok thing but then is say (at the time the reporter mention the 8 cdr box of satanic request out takes), that studio bootlegin is a robbery coz it s always tape steeled by relatives than have nothin in mind but money, and them in jail.....then again is say that he possede himself a large collection of bootlegs sr
09-19-02 03:10 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I have a boot with Mick talking about boots in the beginning.

He likes them but says you shouldn't have to pay much for them. Sounds like Mick from about 1970 so he may have changed his opinion on them.

ME too. is that the one where at the end he kind of shouts; "keep the price of bootleg records down!"?
09-19-02 03:13 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Okay, just kidding around. I've been really happy with how generous people have been with their RS boots. There are a number of recordings it sounds like for all three nights. I think it's just a waiting game until the mastering is done and the comparisons are made.

Unless you're talking silvers, paying $1000 is ludicous.
09-19-02 05:21 PM
runqwkeiu if anyone gets a copy of this show let me know. it was killer to be there soi would love a copy. thanks!!

[email protected]
09-19-02 06:55 PM
Gazza >What is the Stones policy on bootlegs? Just curious

Not 100% sure but I have an audio tape somewhere of Mick in a new york record store in August 1975..buying Stones bootlegs..it lasts about 35 mins..I guess he was haggling for a better deal..nothings changed then!
09-19-02 08:52 PM
Dan
quote:
peterdv wrote:
if it's excellent , couldn't you tree it on RO ??
just a suggestion ...

i wonder if there aren't other shows circulating on this board, cause we are only doing the fleet momentarely...

just a question

Peter

I already 4 but right now just trading for 2002 shows.
09-21-02 12:04 AM
ishness the aragon was amazing!!
if it comes round i'd love 2 b in on it 2-
any of the chicago shows 4 that matter-
anything i get i'm glad 2 offer back 2 the board-
-ish
09-21-02 06:52 AM
MRD8 I'm afraid I have some bad news on the Aragon discs I told you about the other day...the guy who recorded them is going the bootleg route and is now refusing to trade for them. So we might have to wait until it comes out on VGP or Crystal Cat or whoever he went to with his recording! Sorry to get everybody's hopes up but these things happen time to time! If anything changes I'll alert you all...
09-21-02 09:02 AM
Gazza I'm sure there'll be other versions..thanks for trying anyway!
09-21-02 10:12 AM
midnightmagic That sucks! But in a way it may be a great recording and we will all boot the hell out of the boot.
09-21-02 10:15 AM
Moonisup Just wait untill the HBO-special!! Good video, and good boots, well is the Hard rock ppv still going on? that one was rumoured in the first place!!

gimme gimme gimme a wooden shoe

rik
09-21-02 04:12 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch I have at least one other version which I have no intention of selling. The taper who has an excellent recording and is selling should be taken out and tarred and feathered...then banned from the trading community forever. This is exactly the kind of crap that gives bootlegging a bad name.

My recording may not be excellent but it was an incredible show that any fan will enjoy. I have no intention of holding it back but really didn't want to tree it and play into the hands of people who sit at the trees looking for "hot" shows to sell on eBay. At least those sellers are more random than this exploitation.