ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aerosmith in Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th September 2007 12:50 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Okay... who the fuck buys an album and doesn't listen to it? I'm sure many do, but IMO, someone who only listens to the hits or certain songs on an album isn't like me... and it's exactly why I hate FM radio... am i supposed to think it's special for a band to play a song they recorded, or a radio station playing a certain song is some rare and special event... Can rock and roll be dumbed down anymore that this? Think about it. This is what is happening to band with legacies and can sell product. Peope wonder why the current state of music seems so dry... It's b/c people settle for stuff like the term deep cut.

You do get a lot of people at big events who only know a few songs. I guess it's different when the album is current, but when the album is 30 years and followed by several dozen hit singles it is kind of special when the band plays more of the older album cuts than the singles. Not sure if obscurities if the proper term to use when describing such songs if the record sold several million, even if most people who bought the record are no longer going to concerts.

For the last 20 years Aerosmith has been a top notch live band though it was a matter of personal taste not to bother seeing them mainly due to the setlist.
17th September 2007 12:56 PM
ultimaterocker dan, are you able to make any of the dates on this short leg?
17th September 2007 01:00 PM
pdog
quote:
ultimaterocker wrote:
okay.....it would be like the Stones playing Loving Cup or Torn and Frayed.

The term deep cut doesn't equate to rarely played... My point was about how dumbed down rock and roll has become. Then again 99% of the people at Stones and even Aerosmith concerts are pretty dumb when it comes to music...
Most people complain there's no good new rock and roll out there, but these people also buy music from Target and Best Buy and listen to classic rock stations.
17th September 2007 01:05 PM
ultimaterocker
quote:
pdog wrote:

The term deep cut doesn't equate to rarely played... My point was about how dumbed down rock and roll has become. Then again 99% of the people at Stones and even Aerosmith concerts are pretty dumb when it comes to music...
Most people complain there's no good new rock and roll out there, but these people also buy music from Target and Best Buy and listen to classic rock stations.

I agree with every word of that......but thats what happens when u have bands that have spanned 35-45 years.....all i was trying to say in my original post is that Aerosmiths setlists lately have been anything but a mailed in hits set.
17th September 2007 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
ultimaterocker wrote:
I agree with every word of that......but thats what happens when u have bands that have spanned 35-45 years.....all i was trying to say in my original post is that Aerosmiths setlists lately have been anything but a mailed in hits set.

Better than the setlist, from what i hear, is the band is tight...
17th September 2007 01:21 PM
Dan
quote:
ultimaterocker wrote:
dan, are you able to make any of the dates on this short leg?

No, I live in California. Saw them 3 times last year and Devore, even with the 80 min set, was one of the best gigs I have ever seen.
17th September 2007 01:23 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Speaking of classic rock, on Saturday I saw Mudhoney do all of Superfuzz Bigmuff & The Early Singles, the Melvins do all of Houdini and Flipper with Krist Novaselic on bass. Probably the best Melvins show I have ever seen and also the best crowd response I have ever seen them get. Not that they needed to thicken things up anymore but they got a total monster sound with 2 drummers now.
17th September 2007 03:35 PM
robpop I will not waste my time postin' in this thread.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)