ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THOSE BASTARDS AT RS.COM SCREWED ME! Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th September 2007 11:27 AM
GotToRollMe So yesterday I finally got my Bigger Bang Tour t-shirt in the mail - the t-shirt I'd pre-ordered about a month ago - and it looks like one of those thin, stretched-out pieces of crap you get on Canal Street for $1.99. I checked the miniscule label on the neck and it says "Anvil." What happened to the Fruit Of The Loom shirt that I ordered for $32 - $39.36 including shipping?! I wouldn't use this piece of shit to wipe Bob Saget's back-passage with! SHIT!!!
15th September 2007 11:36 AM
LadyJane Same here, girlfriend.
I was not impressed with mine either.
Bastards.

LJ.
15th September 2007 11:46 AM
Nellcote The poor people in Bangladesh, or some other reasonably small, yet becoming more relevant than ever, blowgun country, who probably lost a finger or two sewing that article of clothing, wish to thank you for contributing to their economy. Wear it loud & proud!
15th September 2007 12:15 PM
Martha Mine's very thin too. I've noticed that Bob's shirts are now super thin whereas the older shirts I have of his are nice, thick cotton. Seems like more than one band is using the thin skin shirt scam these daze. I know Bob's main vendor is not happy with the recent change in merchandise....she told me she's been unhappy with the poor quality.

Thin cotton shirts = ripped-off!

I'm with ya sisters!

peace,
MM
15th September 2007 12:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG OH Girls..so sorry!! SHIT! SHIT! HOLY SHIT! BOB SAGET!!
The ones we bought at the show did not say Anvil-said Continental and are heavy cotton. And did not fall apart when washed.
15th September 2007 12:25 PM
Erik_Snow I did buy one in London, and it was thick and warm.
15th September 2007 01:19 PM
GotToRollMe Not only that, the print (especially on the front) looks faded already. I don't even wanna think about what this rag is gonna look like after it's washed.
15th September 2007 01:23 PM
_Boomy_ Is it like one of those 50/50 (cotton/polyester) shirts?

I always liked those better than the heavy 100% cotton shirts. They have more of the vintage feel to them.

15th September 2007 01:24 PM
paddy people who start a post with "So" deserve everything they get.
15th September 2007 01:26 PM
Riffhard
quote:
paddy wrote:
people who start a post with "So" deserve everything they get.

Why the hell would that be paddy?! Do you even know GTRM?

Riffy
15th September 2007 01:33 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
paddy wrote:

So I guess you can go fuck yourself then, paddy.
15th September 2007 01:58 PM
WJ Isn't there already a thread about this?

http://novogate.com/board/968/238936-1.html
15th September 2007 02:43 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Paddy whacked!.......Too bad about the rip off..Those pricks have no shame...Lets get jb to start a class action.We know they have no class!
15th September 2007 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LOL.
15th September 2007 05:57 PM
fireontheplatter i guess they don't make t shirts like they used to.

i ordered the fractal tye dye t shirt from rs.com and when i received it i was like, YES...it is very heavy duty material. i paid something like 45 freaking dollars for it. it has since sold out. i love it.
after that i went and bought the rasta spiral [now sold out] and it is a thin a rice paper. i was like, wtf?

in order to preserve these t shirts and to make them last, i wash them inside out and by hand only and just wear them once in awhile.

there are a lot of very cool shirts in rs.com. i own 6 perfectly good stones t shirst and don't feel the need to keep spending money on more of them, even tho it is tempting. i do like the monton lobster large white one with the lobster playing a guitar that has been on sale in the yesterdays paper page for a manageable 17 dollars + s and h
15th September 2007 06:03 PM
pdog FOP... are you a Trustifarian kid?
15th September 2007 06:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i guess they don't make t shirts like they used to.

They do. They sold the good quality Fruit of the Loom ones at the 02 shows (and it IS a good shirt!) and then (for much the same price) keep the shitty quality ones for those who order them online and dont have the advantage of seeing or feeling them before they decide whether to buy them or not.

rs.scum

quote:
there are a lot of very cool shirts in rs.com.

You think? For me, the t-shirts throughout this tour have been almost exclusively cheesy and tacky in the extreme (and in the case of the Al Capone Chicago one, pretty tasteless). I've honestly only seen about four or five that I actually liked.

[Edited by Gazza]
15th September 2007 06:08 PM
FotiniD Another typical RS.com sale - service with a smile!
Why don't you return the t-shirt GTRM?
15th September 2007 06:12 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
pdog wrote:
FOP... are you a Trustifarian kid?

nyuk nyuk. i wish.
15th September 2007 06:18 PM
fireontheplatter i tell you all which one i was also extreemy intereded in, which has since sold out was the army green t shirt with the large black tounge on the front. no print of rolling stones this or rolling stones that. just a heavy duty large black tounge.

i believe this one was going for a not so manageable 33 yankee dollars + s and h.

for a few days after i was kicking myself for not going for it.
15th September 2007 10:00 PM
tumbled Let me just take the opportunity to add that no only is this site virtually a grab a buck opportunity but they take members who have paid $100 and have the gumption to stand up to themselves who have been threatened with physical violience at a show and those who have had to deal with members who are assholes, BAN THEM and then give the perpetrator FAN OF THE WEEK status for over a year...and not answer to any correspondence as to actual HARASSMENt by their members so if KARMA will rule in this case, rs.com and its stupid community posters should die a very slow and painful death if my wishes come true.
15th September 2007 10:30 PM
gypsy
quote:
paddy wrote:

People who post under the username "paddy" usually like anal sex.
15th September 2007 11:05 PM
tumbled
quote:
gypsy wrote:

can we watch?? watching is fun!
15th September 2007 11:24 PM
gypsy
quote:
tumbled wrote:

can we watch?? watching is fun!

I don't know. Ask paddy - he's the one takin' it up the ass.
15th September 2007 11:26 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
gypsy wrote:

More than likely, they enjoy getting tit-fucked in the ass.
15th September 2007 11:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Another typical RS.com sale - service with a smile!
Why don't you return the t-shirt GTRM?

You know, Fotini, I was just going to let it slide and keep the shirt. After all, they didn't bother making event shirts for Atlantic City, Lisbon or Madrid, so it would have been nice to at least have a tour shirt. Then today I took a really good look at it and realized that it's not even a quality silkscreen. The design is made from that heat-transfered, rubbery stuff that you usually see on cheap knock-offs. I'm sending it back.
16th September 2007 12:02 AM
egon I thought we all agreed not to buy anything from RS.SCUM anymore?
16th September 2007 12:18 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
egon wrote:
I thought we all agreed not to buy anything from RS.SCUM anymore?

I'm a rebel.
16th September 2007 12:24 AM
egon
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'm a rebel.

I don't think real rebels buy at RS.SCUM LOL
16th September 2007 12:34 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
egon wrote:

I don't think real rebels buy at RS.SCUM LOL

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)