ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
26th August 2007 06:24 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Thanks for bringing in the setlist, LJ. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you guys for this tour.
Till the next time we say goodbye...

Oh yeah, a lil something from Egon here...

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

I gotta learn how to do that!
26th August 2007 06:24 PM
mrhipfl Ya know what would make this night perfect? A piece of that Stones cake!

mmmhhh......cake.......
26th August 2007 07:33 PM
mrhipfl I'd still like to hear an explanation for the text message that said that Wyman was playing.
27th August 2007 01:05 AM
Play With Fire
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I'd still like to hear an explanation for the text message that said that Wyman was playing.

Yes, that was very misleading and had many fooled.

27th August 2007 01:35 AM
SweetVirginia Nobody meant to mislead you. Wyman was at Rattlesnake and some people there were speculating that he planned to play.

Some pics:

27th August 2007 01:45 AM
SweetVirginia And a few more:

27th August 2007 01:47 AM
SweetVirginia

27th August 2007 02:01 AM
SweetVirginia

27th August 2007 02:09 AM
mrhipfl Sweet Virginia!!! Those pics are insane!! Thanks so much for sharing!!
27th August 2007 02:45 AM
pdog
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Sweet Virginia!!! Those pics are insane!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Great pics indeed... I have a feeling she really likes Mick... Her camera loves him...
27th August 2007 03:42 AM
FotiniD SV, those are FANTASTIC! Thanks for sharing!!

And hey, Mick's looking!

27th August 2007 05:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man FANTASTIC SHOW!

I seemed to be a little further back than on Tuesday, but my seat was still good enough. To be honest, I couldn't pick out any flaws, it all just flowed really well. It was great to hear She Was Hot and You Got The Silver was pretty sublime. Playing the crooner really seems to suit Keith in his old age!

I'd love to be able to a more indepth review, but its a Rolling Stones show. You clap your hands, sing a long (only if you've had a few!) and for those 2 hours, nothing else in life matters. I enoy the shos, whatever the performance. Its all good!
27th August 2007 05:14 AM
SweetVirginia Fotini, sweetheart...I got some pics of that other guy, too. I have hundreds of pics. I'm trying to get through them, but it takes forever.

These are for you, Fotini:

27th August 2007 05:22 AM
SweetVirginia Oh, and I think Ronnie has been wanting to do this for a long time:

27th August 2007 06:40 AM
corgi37 Man, i'd sure love to put my head in Lisa's armpit!

Cant believe its two years later and its all over. Where does the time go? This has been wonderful sharing it all with you bastards - and bitches.

Now what the hell do we do?
27th August 2007 06:59 AM
GotToRollMe SV, amazing pics, thank you so much. I'm kinda partial to the "other guy" too, but I've gained a whole new respect for Mick over the past few years. Can't wait to see the others. Send it to me, darlin'!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
27th August 2007 07:01 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, i'd sure love to put my head in Lisa's armpit!

Cant believe its two years later and its all over. Where does the time go? This has been wonderful sharing it all with you bastards - and bitches.

Now what the hell do we do?

Fuck and fight?
27th August 2007 07:44 AM
GotToRollMe Some uncredited photos, thanks to IORR:

27th August 2007 07:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Fotini, sweetheart...I got some pics of that other guy, too. I have hundreds of pics. I'm trying to get through them, but it takes forever.

These are for you, Fotini:

Oh my God, SV, those are gorgeous, thanks so much - especially the first one!!! Be still my heart!!!
27th August 2007 09:02 AM
gimmekeef I would be interested in what Mick said during the intros or teh show..that could figure out about future plans etc...If he didnt do any special acknowkedgements then I think that would add to the April speculation...
27th August 2007 09:21 AM
Mr Jurkka If there will not be any "april tours" and if the almighty stones will begin this rock n' roll circus we will see stones in about 3 years.. of course 2 for North and South america.

27th August 2007 09:24 AM
Mr Jurkka By the way why there are no last night show headers?
27th August 2007 09:55 AM
andrestones10 Stones leave fans hanging after marathon world tour

By Dean Goodman

LONDON (Reuters) - The Rolling Stones ended their two-year world tour in their home town of London on Sunday, leaving fans wondering if it would be their last ever show.

Such speculation has dogged the veteran rock band since the 1960s, but it intensifies each tour to the point where it is now a running joke between the group and journalists.

Predictably, frontman Mick Jagger made no grand announcements during the band's two-hour show at the O2 arena, in Greenwich, southeast London. The venue is just eight miles from where they performed their first ever show, at the Marquee Club, in July 1962.

Instead, the 64-year-old singer, who barely broke sweat as he jumped around the stage, thanked fans for sticking with the band amid "fire and ice and storms and trees, and God knows what."

The "trees" comment related to a mishap in April 2006 when guitarist Keith Richards slipped while on a break in Fiji. He required head surgery, which forced the band to reschedule its European tour set for that summer. At the time, it was reported that he fell from a palm tree, though he later denied that.

Since the "Bigger Bang" world tour began in Boston on August 21, 2005, observers have wondered about the health of the death-defying guitarist, who has been friends with Jagger since childhood.

To the consternation of fans in Helsinki earlier this month, Richards actually toppled over on stage a few times. But the 63-year-old played with vigor on Sunday on such classic tunes as "Brown Sugar" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

Richards said in the latest issue of the British music magazine Mojo that he is taking the anti-seizure medication Dilantin because of the head injury, and had abstained from cocaine for about 18 months. He continues to drink and smoke heavily.

For perhaps the first time, Richards and fellow guitarist Ronnie Wood did not smoke on stage on Sunday, following new anti-smoking regulations. But Richards could be seen taking a few hurried puffs off-stage.

TRIUMPH, TRAGEDY

The marathon tour comprised 146 performances in 31 countries and Puerto Rico. First-time stops included mainland China, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia, as well as last year's Super Bowl in Detroit.

Along the way, Jagger and Richards each lost a parent, and Wood his older brother. Last October their former record label boss, Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, slipped backstage during their concert in New York, fell into a coma and died seven weeks later.

The North American shows, which accounted for just over half the performances, grossed $300 million and attracted 2.2 million people, according to Pollstar, a concert trade publication. Their well-reviewed album, "A Bigger Bang," did not fare as well, slipping off the charts soon after its September 2005 release, a victim of the depressed state of the music industry.

Next on the band's agenda is the April 2008 release of Martin Scorsese's concert documentary, "Shine a Light." Some fans hope that will be a good excuse for the Stones to tour again, but the band is not saying anything.

27th August 2007 10:01 AM
Quiquestone Great pics SweetVirginia!!!!
Many thanks!

BTW you looked beautiful and happy!
27th August 2007 10:05 AM
andrestones10 Great pics... thank you very much.
27th August 2007 10:51 AM
Bogle Fantastic pics, Sweet Virginia, thanks for sharing them... almost as good as having been there myself!
27th August 2007 10:59 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Jesus Christ, It's getting worse!!!
27th August 2007 11:17 AM
Rick56 Last nights show has gone up on Dime

27th August 2007 12:10 PM
Martha SV those shots are AWESOME! What did you take them with. Not a cell phone, or was it? I am blown away......;-)
27th August 2007 12:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Fuck and fight?

drink and weep
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)