ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
27th August 2007 12:50 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Martha wrote:
SV those shots are AWESOME! What did you take them with. Not a cell phone, or was it? I am blown away......;-)

Thanks Martha. It is a Fuji Finepix F30. It is pretty good in low-light or changing-light conditions. (And it doesn't hurt to be sitting--I mean standing in the 5th row with Gazza & Meg!) It was a fantastic experience.

27th August 2007 12:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
I'd still like to hear an explanation for the text message that said that Wyman was playing.

You want one? OK...a certain poster on IORR whose name I wont mention told me personally that Wyman had said so himself. "A couple of numbers" in fact. Five minutes after I was told that he walked right past me, so he was definitely in the backstage area and met the band before the show (He was also spotted with Keith at the post-show party)

The intention certainly appears to have been there.

27th August 2007 01:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL Thanks, Pammy! I shoould note that no one accused me of it but I figured it's the best way to let those guys know I paid my debt.

It was never in doubt, mate!
27th August 2007 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I would be interested in what Mick said during the intros or teh show..that could figure out about future plans etc...If he didnt do any special acknowkedgements then I think that would add to the April speculation...

Mick said a special and lengthy thank you to all the backline people and everyone who put the show together. Also thanked the fans for supporting the band during the tour, and acknowledged that a lot of people went to several shows - saying how he could see some familiar faces and mentioninng that he saw a sign the other day that some woman held up saying it was her 100th show. (Odd that he was aware that this show was being attended by many 'hardcore' fans - yet they chose to play a very standard setlist)

Keith ended his mini-set by giving us a 'look' and then said 'I'll be seeing you again'

There's no real speculation that this was the last show. It seems we wont be getting 1-2 year long world tours anymore, but rather mini-tours on a more regular basis.

Latest I heard last night was Asian shows in Feb/March (Dubai, India, maybe the Far East). That would tie in with rumours I heard during the week about a Hawaiian date.
However, theres no way the Stones are going to rehearse for a short tour in a market like Asia where for the most part there isnt a lot of money to be made. Expect some US dates in the spring, it would appear. I was told there would be a couple of shows at MSG (yay!) and a theatre show too (yeah, right..!)

"Shine a Light" will open in the spring. It may end up being premiered at either the Venice or Cannes film festivals.

This band isn't hanging anything up quite yet. It's rock till you drop, it seems.
27th August 2007 01:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Thanks Martha. It is a Fuji Finepix F30. It is pretty good in low-light or changing-light conditions. (And it doesn't hurt to be sitting--I mean standing in the 5th row with Gazza & Meg!) It was a fantastic experience.

Those photos are fantastic, SV. Great memories of a fun night.
27th August 2007 01:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Rick56 wrote:
Last nights show has gone up on Dime

Taped by someone who bought SV's spare ticket...LOL
27th August 2007 01:40 PM
mrhipfl good news to end the tour with, Gazza.
27th August 2007 01:49 PM
gimmekeef Thanks Gazza about what was said....It would seem they carry on and I'm excited about that of course...but sure hope they stay well and Ronnie/Keith in particular dont end up in worse shape....Was a real treat hearing Ronnie back in reasonable playing form again....
27th August 2007 02:56 PM
Moonisup
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Jesus Christ, It's getting worse!!!

hahah!
27th August 2007 03:02 PM
Stray Cat UK Great pictures SV !

THANKS
27th August 2007 03:20 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

You want one? OK...a certain poster on IORR whose name I wont mention told me personally that Wyman had said so himself. "A couple of numbers" in fact. Five minutes after I was told that he walked right past me, so he was definitely in the backstage area and met the band before the show (He was also spotted with Keith at the post-show party)

The intention certainly appears to have been there.

Until he found out his guest spot was to be doing the Woo Woo with the grandkids on SFTD. Either that or he was told to show up toward the end of the show and was still in his seat during Brown Sugar thinking "song #19, still got about 5 more to go."
27th August 2007 03:22 PM
gimmekeef Theres a simple explanation as to why Wyman didnt play....My sources tell me..He didnt like the setlist!..Something about the same as Steel Wheels...
27th August 2007 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thanks Gazza about what was said....It would seem they carry on and I'm excited about that of course...but sure hope they stay well and Ronnie/Keith in particular dont end up in worse shape....Was a real treat hearing Ronnie back in reasonable playing form again....

Ronnie has been better at the six shows I saw this summer than I've EVER seen him....
27th August 2007 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

Until he found out his guest spot was to be doing the Woo Woo with the grandkids on SFTD.

Jesus, I dont know...the man has a reputation to uphold....!
27th August 2007 03:31 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ronnie has been better at the six shows I saw this summer than I've EVER seen him....

Yes....thought he was great in 75....good in 94...then coasting or worse....I really like him and am happy he's back on track....Hope he keeps it going!
27th August 2007 03:42 PM
Martha I'll say it again.....Ronnie is growing up!

I like what I'm hearing!

xxoo,
MM
27th August 2007 03:43 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Dan wrote:

Until he found out his guest spot was to be doing the Woo Woo with the grandkids on SFTD. Either that or he was told to show up toward the end of the show and was still in his seat during Brown Sugar thinking "song #19, still got about 5 more to go."

That is Hall of Fame posting right there, Dan.
27th August 2007 03:50 PM
fireontheplatter nice photos sv
27th August 2007 04:14 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
quote:Martha wrote:
SV those shots are AWESOME! What did you take them with. Not a cell phone, or was it? I am blown away......;-).

WOW!!! they really are just incredible shots SV.. THANK YOU for posting them!!!
27th August 2007 04:15 PM
Saint Sway I liked in '03 when they did the HBO special and Mick mocked the NY Times write up about that night being their final show ever at MSG...

I believe Mick's exact quote was: "FUCK THAT!"

Would of loved to have heard him say something similiar last night
27th August 2007 04:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I liked in '03 when they did the HBO special and Mick mocked the NY Times write up about that night being their final show ever at MSG...

I believe Mick's exact quote was: "FUCK THAT!"

Would of loved to have heard him say something similiar last night

I thought it was "I dont think so..." that he said at MSG (or was that THIS tour?)

On Tuesday night he commented on the press speculation about the Stones stopping touring by saying "I can tell you that we'll be carrying on..(long pause, crowd starts cheering)...until Sunday at least..."
27th August 2007 05:26 PM
Saint Sway I think he said "the NY TImes can suck it - we'll be back in '08!!"
27th August 2007 07:49 PM
LadyJane Outstanding pic, SV.

But this one:

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.

PS...My new wallpaper at the office!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
27th August 2007 10:22 PM
tumbled Yes S.V. you are amazing. Those pics are indescribably delicious..
28th August 2007 02:35 AM
SweetVirginia I'm flying from London to NY today and hope to edit the rest of the pics then. I want everyone to have a piece of that last show of the tour!

SV
28th August 2007 02:46 AM
glen759 Great photos SV.

Last show....what can I say...gazza said it best "unimaginitive set list" still a great show.

Great to meet everyone....so many people bought together with a common love of the rolling stones....and that is what makes this so special.

Hi to everyone I met, you made last week even more awesome.
28th August 2007 03:44 AM
angee Great shots, SV, thank you! Fifth row was very close to the
stage in this venue, yes, indeedy.

Gazza, appreciate the details of the Wyman story.

Who took that shot of you with the three grrls, heading
the forum? Fantastic.
28th August 2007 07:13 AM
Stray Cat UK here's some of my pictures

JJF
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

FINAL BOW

BROWN SUGAR

sc uk

28th August 2007 07:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
angee wrote:
Gazza, appreciate the details of the Wyman story.

Who took that shot of you with the three grrls, heading
the forum? Fantastic.

Adrian-L took it. We were all going to see Prince on the Friday night. Meg, SV and myself all went to his after show gig at the Indigo2 as well, which was pretty incredible.

It was great to meet you last week!
28th August 2007 08:53 AM
JumpingKentFlash Here's 20 pics I made.

St. Christopher's Village in Borough where I was staying.

View of The O2 from inside the North Greenwich tue station.

Another pic of The O2. Taken while I was walking towards The Pilot Inn.

First IORR t-shirt in sight. Didn't know who it was at first, but it turned out to be Adrian-L with his girlfriend.

Fans inside The Pilot Inn. PartyDollMEG, Adrian and girlfriend, Sweet Virginia and Gazza in this pic.

A pic of The Pilot Inn. Taken while I was having a fag outside.

Rockman with Erik Snow in the background.

More fans. Beast and Paulywaul among others.

John R and his wife Trish.

Group shot. This is only a fraction of the vast number of fans that was there.

Bitch and her son and daughter (I think).

Sitting on the grass outside The Pilot Inn. Stargroves, me, PartyDollMEG and Erik Snow.

At the Stones show. Going to the b-stage.

Jagger on the b-stage.

Ronnie on the b-stage.

Keith on the b-stage. Chuck in the background.

Group shot of the band.

Final bows. Notice Jagger's tongue is all over his face.

Then I went to Abbey Road the day after the show. I wrote on the wall.

...And got my picture taken on the road crossing.

GREAT trip.

BTW: Check out all the pics from London I made. They're on my photobucket. See them here: http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/RollingStonesHorsens/
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)