ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London concerts - pre-show - Pilot inn, Greenwich 21,23 & 26 August Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
29th July 2007 12:18 AM
playguitar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Yes. Mick and Keith will be filling in for the waitresses in the Pilot Inn that afternoon (any excuse for Mick to wear drag). Ronnie will be behind the bar as usual, and Charlie will be collecting the glasses.....

That's priceless.

Can you make sure Mr. Cohl isn't lurking around. We don't want our drinks to be watered down. Thanks!
29th July 2007 02:21 PM
akissaway
quote:
Id imagine they sell the same number of tickets for each section. We'll bump into each other outside the Gold Circle at some point, I'm sure

Both sides will be full at Slane, but all my friends will be on Keith's side FOS. No doubt I'll see you and wonderful RO'ers somewhere: Slane, Dublin(?), Pilot Inn, O2 for the 3 Stones shows, or Prince on the 24th. Can't wait to start this trip!

29th July 2007 02:39 PM
Gazza Prince too? Cool...will you be at the after-show gig as well?
29th July 2007 08:46 PM
Gazza Barking Paul hasnt reposted his 'review' of the place over here yet that he posted on IORR earlier, so I'll copy and paste it for him...

I was briefly at the Pilot Inn on Saturday night and I think it would be just fine for a pre-show meet. Not too big inside, or in the nice garden at the back, it does have the advantage of a large open green space across the quiet road from the pub, so can cope with large numbers, so hopefully it stays dry.

It's a 10 minute stroll from the O2. when leaving North Greenwich tube station head for East Parkside, with the David Beckham Academy (who he?) on your left and keep walking away from the O2, you'll not miss it.

I was there at around 7pm, it looked as if it had been very busy earlier on, the pub had long tables set up outside on this green space for people buying from their bbq (burgers, chicken, jacket potatoes and the like for around £4) but presumably had sold out by the time I was there, because the bbq there, and in the garden at the back of the pub, were not in operation at the time. A rare bright sunny Saturday afternoon this summer I guess being responsible.

Food inside the attractive pub looked good and filling, but were mainly more fancy, cooked to order dishes served up with main courses generally around the £9 to £12 mark. Served between midday and 2.30pm and from 6pm till 9pm in the evening. On Sunday they serve tradional roast dinners betwen midday and 6pm,but say they're very popular and suggest book in advance.

bv and others will be pleased to know he can get his fish and ships here washed down with a choice of Fullers real ales, including London Pride.

30th July 2007 05:33 AM
barking paul Thanks Gazza

The only potential problem with the Pilot Inn is that it's not a big pub, and if it's lousy weather and there's a lot of us, there doesn't appear to be any real alternatives close by, other than the numerous bars/restaurants at the O2 itself.
31st July 2007 03:27 PM
bilsim Well won't a lot of people be outside for the meeting? If anyone's a smoker they'll have to be outside. And none of us will be able to have any hashweedie in any pub. Or are you guys not into that, it's the best part of seing the stones, being well and truly stoned.
31st July 2007 04:15 PM
Slavegirl Being Stoned is fun. I will gladly partake in a couple of hits if I'm offered! I don't want to get too ripped though because I'll have a long night of partying ahead of me! God I am so excited I can hardly wait...
31st July 2007 04:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
bilsim wrote:
Well won't a lot of people be outside for the meeting? If anyone's a smoker they'll have to be outside. And none of us will be able to have any hashweedie in any pub. Or are you guys not into that, it's the best part of seing the stones, being well and truly stoned.

Not sure what the prob is. If youre going to smoke anything in any pub, youre going to have to pop outside. Its the same no matter where you go. That doesnt mean you've to stand outside for that long, surely. You DO have to go inside to get a drink, though....
31st July 2007 06:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm with Gazza here. I'm a smoker and obvsiously nip out from time to time, but no way will I be outside more than in. That is, unless it's extreemly good weather.

I'm a fairly regular pub goer and after 5 minutes, it's boring outside. There is no music for starters and of course, no beer to buy!
1st August 2007 04:53 AM
jostorm This thread should be renamed "Saint Trinians Girls planning their yearly garden party. The headmistress gives last tips."
1st August 2007 09:56 AM
egon can i still smoke normal sigarets INSIDE...?

1st August 2007 10:35 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
can i still smoke normal sigarets INSIDE...?

Do you need remedial training at St. Trinians?

(P.S. No smoking inside..means...doh... no smoking)
1st August 2007 02:10 PM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

i though we were talking about smoking weed.
so no more smoking in the UK...? Fuckers!
1st August 2007 02:27 PM
egon oh and by the road:

[Edited by egon]
1st August 2007 02:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG 20 days for me Hot Shot!!!;

Can't figure out how to get my damn clock to show up like you did. I'll never measure up to your techy skills Boss. But I have other talents.....
1st August 2007 02:47 PM
egon to which date and hour do you want to countdown?
1st August 2007 02:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
But I have other talents.....

Being?
1st August 2007 02:51 PM
PartyDoll MEG Heck, I have the show one- Aug 21st in my signature, egon!! I just can't figure out how you magically made it appear in your post. I probably forgot a slash or a parenthesis..something dumb like that...no biggy

I'll actually arrive in London the day before

getting closer...
1st August 2007 02:59 PM
egon quote to this post, and you'll have your link!

1st August 2007 03:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
quote to this post, and you'll have your link!

Done.
1st August 2007 03:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
egon wrote:
quote to this post, and you'll have your link!

Oh thank you....you sooo soooo techy, egon!!!!
How many beers do I owe ya??
1st August 2007 03:05 PM
egon
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

I will let you know when the time comes
1st August 2007 03:05 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Oh thank you....you sooo soooo techy, egon!!!!

1st August 2007 03:18 PM
egon
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

ok, but again; what about AFTER lunch?
1st August 2007 03:20 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:

ok, but again; what about AFTER lunch?

Just keep drinking. Meg will pay for it.
2nd August 2007 06:15 AM
jostorm
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Meg: I love that shot of us that you just dug out....Was that the day when Gazza (centre) was a bit upsert with you (left) and me (right) for putting too much butter and too little clotted cream and strawberry jam on the scones?????? I remember it as if it was only yesterday.......oooh, our headmistress is soooooo strict...
2nd August 2007 08:10 AM
JumpingKentFlash The Pilot Inn sounds good to me, but after reading threads on how many are going to London from IORR, RocksOff and Shidoobee I'm having doubts that it's big enough. Remember it's very close to the venue and Stones net forum users will certainly not be the only ones who will go there. They probably have a limit on how many people is allowed in there.
2nd August 2007 03:10 PM
Gazza Well, some people post on 2-3 boards remember..

Cant imagine too many 'regulars' being there early afternoon on a weekday, Kent. From what I can see from that pub, it seems to have two separate bar areas plus the outdoor part

That, plus you'll find that whilst a lot of people are going to the shows, not everyone turns up at the pre-show gatherings anyway.
2nd August 2007 05:26 PM
jostorm If everyone leaves their big egoes outside, Kent, then the place inside should be big enough. It'll be just like in the Bible, with the water and the wine, except mainly draught bitter and lager...And drugs, of course....Say a firm "NO!" to them....even if they won't listen....

What is the etiquette when people from three different boards meet in the same pub??? What I mean is: Do Gazza, Bjornulf and Shidoobeedoobee retire to the pissoire first, establish their "pecker" order, and then we gather around them depending on our brownie points??? Or is there a competition of "best of three" with questions posed like "Setlist Madrid 17 June 1982?", "name of skank Bill Wyman took to bed 27th May 1978?","Mick Taylor's shoesize?" and whoever wins gets to stand nearest to the bar??? This is very exciting , indeed.....
2nd August 2007 06:25 PM
Gazza The Madrid 1982 shows were 7th and 9th July. They did play there on 17th June in 1990, though (and the day before).

Does that mean I win the first drink?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)