ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London concerts - pre-show - Pilot inn, Greenwich 21,23 & 26 August Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
25th July 2007 10:59 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if it happens, make sure you hold on to your shoes....

Jeez, that could put me in a very compromising position...
26th July 2007 06:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG Gazza, in case ya haven't made it over to Shidoobeeland to check, there was a note from Martin...

He is gonna have Bob check out your suggestion this weekend...
26th July 2007 06:49 PM
Gazza thanks...just saw it and replied
27th July 2007 01:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
Thanks Honky Tonk Man!

You're welcome. I'll have a pint of Guinness in The Pilot Inn please
27th July 2007 01:28 PM
Gazza Adrian-L is at the Indigo2 now to see Aimee Mann and the Scissor Sisters are playing the main 02 arena tonight,

He's just sent me some pics and info from the place and says that at 5.40 pm the queues to even get INTO the bars and restaurants were absolutely horrific. He says "The queues are f**king crazy. Its not an option during Stones week. The Pilot Inn it HAS to be..."
27th July 2007 01:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG Just got this photo too, Gazza!!

Tingle! Tingle!

27th July 2007 01:56 PM
Gazza Its nicer than that dump in Omaha.....
27th July 2007 04:12 PM
Gazza Per today's scouting reports from the o2 - see above - it looks like we're going to go with the Pilot Inn for the pre-show meeting points for the 02 shows.

Bjornulf has now posted the following link on IORR. Hopefully the Shidoobee folks will join us too

Address: 68 River Way, Greenwich, London, SE10 0BE
Tel: 020 8858 5910
Tube: North Greenwich (0.4 miles) (same station as O2 arena)

the pub is a ten minute walk from the 02 complex.

hope to see as many of you there as possible over the three days of shows that week

EVERYONE is welcome.

[Edited by Gazza]
27th July 2007 06:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG Here are 2 other photos Adrian sent from inside the O2:

27th July 2007 06:58 PM
open-g
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Here are 2 other photos Adrian sent from inside the O2:

Those palm trees are so dated...
27th July 2007 07:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
open-g wrote:

Those palm trees are so dated...

LOL...
You know, g.....I refrained!!
27th July 2007 10:32 PM
TomL Meg your CC must be dripping?
27th July 2007 11:32 PM
Bitch By the number of names on our attendee list, the place doesnt look large enough! Does it have the capacity to accomodate the crowds from Rocks Off, IORR and Shidoobee? I would guess over 200 people will show up. Is it a restaurant? How about an outdoor area for the smokers, or is smoking permitted indoors? Here in NJ (NY too) smoking is prohibited in public places.Its better for the second hand smoke factor,,, getting off track here. I heard the show starts early at 6, due to curfews. So if we reserve a table for Rocks Off, they'll put a few tables together, right? What time is good to get the party started?
27th July 2007 11:50 PM
Gazza >By the number of names on our attendee list, the place doesnt look large enough! Does it have the capacity to accomodate the crowds from Rocks Off, IORR and Shidoobee?

It'll be sizeable enough, I'm sure

I would guess over 200 people will show up.

I'd doubt that. Theres 3 shows. Not everyone will show up, or be there at the same time and not everyone is going to all 3 nights. It should be sizeable enough. The bars in the dome - as indicated by Adrian when he was there tonight - are incredibly crowded with long queues

Is it a restaurant?

No..its a bar that also serves food

How about an outdoor area for the smokers,

See the photo above. Theres an outdoor terrace/drinking area. You can smoke outside.

or is smoking permitted indoors? Here in NJ (NY too) smoking is prohibited in public places.

Its now the same in England

Its better for the second hand smoke factor,,, getting off track here. I heard the show starts early at 6, due to curfews.

You heard wrong.. theres an opening act, followed by the Stones. Even if the curfew was at 10.30 (which I doubt), that would mean that the Stones wouldnt be onstage until around 8.30. It certainly WONT be any earlier than that.

So if we reserve a table for Rocks Off, they'll put a few tables together, right? What time is good to get the party started?

reserving a table is pretty pointless as people will turn up at different times, plus people will mingle. Like last year. Early afternoon onwards should be time enough. Especially as two of the shows are on weekdays.
[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 06:38 AM
egon my tickets have arrived!
28th July 2007 08:51 AM
Gazza All the tickets I've ordered for the 23rd and 26th have arrived in the last few days, including the new ones I ordered just this week. Prince tickets for both shows on the 24th too.

Anyone overseas get tickets for the 21st yet? For some reason, they seem to be arriving in reverse order.
28th July 2007 09:46 AM
Bitch Thank you GAZZA! I can always count on you to answer any questions and correct me if I'm wrong! OK I'm glad they changed the smoking laws in England, better for the quitters who are tempted...and speaking of smoking, can someone bring me something to put in my pipe? Anything will do, I'm not fussy, lol. Last year I had a hell of a time, but thru the kindness of a stranger's CONNECION I got better than I imagined, and for free! He was on his way to the RS show so that proves what I've been saying for years "Stones people are the best people" and I truly mean those words. You know KEEF is gonna sing CONNECTION in London, right? I hope so. 19 songs hopefully 20. And I really want to hear ITS ALL OVER NOW on the last night of the tour. That will be cool.

So you dont think it wil be so crowded? I do, but that's OK I dont mind a little brushing up and squeezing in, in fact I enjoy a more intimate atmosphere, a personal touch!

OK so if the show doesnt start at 6, than what time, 7? I didnt get my tickets yet so but I am glad there is no curfew, but worried about the last trains out? Do they stop at midnight? And, one more Q, are people going back to The Pilot after the show for a post-party, or just a pre-party?

OK I'm so excited now I'm typing this with my nipples, lol!
28th July 2007 10:28 AM
Gazza It says on the tickets that the doors open at 6. I dont know if theres a curfew but as its 10.30 for outdoor shows it'll be at LEAST that for indoor ones, so the Stones wouldnt be on til about 8.30 I would imagine. Either way, theres no need to rush off TOO early.

There'll still be a good Tube service until after midnight.

If you're in central London, you might want to consider the alternative of the Thames Clipper 02 Express which can get you to and from the 02..by boat.

http://www.thamesclippers.com/article/commuter/166

You can buy tickets on TM for this. £4 single, £8 return

[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 10:39 AM
akissaway The Pilot Inn will be THE place to be on show days! Perfect location, charming place, great group of people. Looking forward to raising a glass (many of those) with old friends and meeting new ones in Greenwich. Hope to run into you and your entourage, Gazza, in Ireland -- three weeks from today! Yay!
28th July 2007 10:42 AM
Gazza I have an entourage? LOLOL

Yes, Slane is 3 weeks away. It better stay dry for that one. Unlike the last time I bumped into you (Glasgow)....

You in Gold Circle A? See you there, I hope.
28th July 2007 11:19 AM
akissaway I'll wave to you from Gold Circle B at Slane. Probably a lot less crowded than A. Praying for dry weather all day and night.

It's an honor to be part of your entourage, Gazza. Where do I sign up?

[Edited by akissaway]
28th July 2007 12:43 PM
Gazza Id imagine they sell the same number of tickets for each section. We'll bump into each other outside the Gold Circle at some point, I'm sure
[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 12:57 PM
Mr Jurkka Dam i wish i could be in the Last London shows.
28th July 2007 02:12 PM
playguitar
Gazza, Is it legal to have chiba for personal consumption in the U.K. ?
28th July 2007 02:29 PM
Gazza I wouldnt know..I'm totally clean-living.

Cananbis was down-graded somewhat a while back, but Britain isnt quite Amsterdam just yet

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=5918

Gordon Brown, apparently, thinks things have gone a bit too far, so its possible it may be changed at a future date
[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 03:48 PM
playguitar
Oh alright. Have to do it on the hush-hush.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody, and especially the Stones. My mum and dad live in Croydon, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get to Greenwich.
28th July 2007 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

OK so if the show doesnt start at 6, than what time, 7?

Re: what I said earlier, theres nothing on the tickets saying the start time

However, seetickets who still have some ticket availability say on their website that the doors open at 6, and the show begins at 7.

if the opening band start at 7 pm, and play for 45 minutes, that would mean the Stones wouldnt be on any earlier than 8.30.

There are still some tickets available on the official websites who are selling them, although I dont see any availability on the floor for that final night.

Ticketbastard
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/artist/806216
(dont be put off by the 'currently not on sale' note for the 26th - they DO have availability)

Seetickets
http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e%7Cartist=ROLLING+STONES&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch

Ticketline
http://www.ticketline.co.uk/news.php?id=266

Stargreen
http://www.stargreen.com/find?Q=rolling+stones&SEARCH=Find
(phone orders only, so unsure where they have availability)
[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 04:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
playguitar wrote:

Oh alright. Have to do it on the hush-hush.

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody, and especially the Stones. My mum and dad live in Croydon, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get to Greenwich.

You're looking forward to meeting the Stones? or did I read that wrong? LOL

Croydon to Greenwich is a very short hop. 35-40 minutes on the train and Tube

[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2007 08:04 PM
playguitar
Gazza, Of course I'm looking forward to meeting the Stones !!!

Duh !! You are arranging a meet and greet for all the Rocks Off folk ?? Right ??
28th July 2007 08:29 PM
Gazza Yes. Mick and Keith will be filling in for the waitresses in the Pilot Inn that afternoon (any excuse for Mick to wear drag). Ronnie will be behind the bar as usual, and Charlie will be collecting the glasses.....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)