ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Relaxing in Sweden - April 1965
© IBL with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London concerts - pre-show - Pilot inn, Greenwich 21,23 & 26 August Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
23rd July 2007 11:57 AM
Gazza Just over four weeks to go....

maybe its time to start SERIOUSLY thinking about a 'base camp' for the many fans from IORR, Rocks Off,Shidoobee etc to meet up before the three shows that week?

Maybe we should start throwing some ideas around and decide on somewhere pretty soon?

I realise there are plenty of bars within the 02 complex, but maybe it would be easier to arrange somewhere not "on site" but reasonably close?

here's a few suggestions for bars close to the nearby North Greenwich tube station.

http://fancyapint.com/area/00510.html

Maybe The Pilot Inn ?

anyone live close by who may have ideas?

I've posted this over on IORR,

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,765677

but cant access Shidoobee from work. Maybe someone can do the needful
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd July 2007 12:04 PM
Fiji Joe I recommend a game of red rover...Brits vs. Yanks...loser buys the booze

23rd July 2007 12:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I recommend a game of red rover...Brits vs. Yanks...loser buys the booze

It is an absolute certainty that Tele would be playing to win that day!
23rd July 2007 12:32 PM
LadyJane Okay WHO is gonna give me GOOD instructions on howe to receive and post pics and videos!!!????

We, stuck here stateside, EXPECT, lots of drunken, chiba madness!!!!

It will ease the pain of not being with you in person.

LJ.
23rd July 2007 12:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Okay WHO is gonna give me GOOD instructions on howe to receive and post pics and videos!!!????

We, stuck here stateside, EXPECT, lots of drunken, chiba madness!!!!

It will ease the pain of not being with you in person.

LJ.

does your cell phone contract enable you to upload your photos to a folder on your computer? Many phones only allow you to receive pictures/video. You must verify that your contact entails the ability to upload your photos.
23rd July 2007 12:37 PM
SweetVirginia I'll be "texting only" from live on the scene, LJ, as my Euro phone does not have a camera. I'll upload photos each night back at the hotel, though!

Here's a map of the location of Pilot Inn from fancyapint.com:

23rd July 2007 12:40 PM
LadyJane
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

does your cell phone contract enable you to upload your photos to a folder on your computer? Many phones only allow you to receive pictures/video. You must verify that your contact entails the ability to upload your photos.

No friggin clue.
Thanks Pug.
Investigating.......

LJ.
23rd July 2007 12:49 PM
SweetVirginia Our resident tech genius Egon might be able to send them directly to your e-mail address instead.

He'll have this all sorted before he ever sets foot on English soil!

23rd July 2007 01:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG I shouldn't be on the computer..Gotta make this quick. Does Martin Sessions have a pub already picked for London? Hate to start all this work, if it is already done for us, right?!! Can't check Shidoobee right now. You are on it SV, OK? Pilot looks very interesting though!!

My phone(God willing it works) and Gazza's (same here..he has had "phone problems ya know!!} can send photos..maybe videos..but not sure. LJ, just need a photobucket account and a youtube account. I shall tutor you.. We can send to your email or anyone else(Mary?!!) who wants to upload them to their account and post. If I can do it, anyone can....

OH boy..finally seems like it is getting closer!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
23rd July 2007 01:27 PM
Gazza the sending of pics is easy enough to take care of. Plenty of time for that.

I think Martin's page covers events for the days when theres no shows. Not sure theres anything for the afternoons of the concerts as yet.

Martin?
23rd July 2007 01:27 PM
SweetVirginia I don't think Martin has made definite plans for a pub close to the venue. His website is showing this at the moment:

EVENT SUMMARY
Mon Aug 20 - Jack Horner pub get-together from 6pm to 11pm then St Giles
Tue Aug 21 - Jack Horner pub then bar near O2 arena in Greenwich
Thu Aug 23 - Jack Horner pub then bar near O2 arena in Greenwich
Sun Aug 26 - Jack Horner pub then bar near O2 arena in Greenwich

23rd July 2007 01:28 PM
Steel Wheels Don't forget to enjoy these London concerts. If I was there I'd be dancing, singing, kissing women, and cheering on the lads.

I wish I could go.

23rd July 2007 01:29 PM
BONOISLOVE Why not try a holiday in Sweden this year?
23rd July 2007 01:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Don't forget to enjoy these London concerts. If I was there I'd be dancing, singing, kissing women, and cheering on the lads.

I wish I could go.

I shall endeavour to do all four of the above, Steel Wheels

Strictly on your behalf, of course.
23rd July 2007 01:34 PM
Jeep
quote:
Here's a map of the location of Pilot Inn from fancyapint.com:

More pix :

23rd July 2007 01:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I don't think Martin has made definite plans for a pub close to the venue. His website is showing this at the moment:

EVENT SUMMARY

Cool, well that seems tentative enough. Between all 3 sites I'm sure we can all get something.
23rd July 2007 01:36 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I don't think Martin has made definite plans for a pub close to the venue. His website is showing this at the moment:

EVENT SUMMARY

I knew you would be on it like fly paper, SV!!!

So if he hasn't made plans..he does live in France now and kind of hard to make plans from there...guess we make decision for all of us "Oh Great Leader Gazza"!!!!

23rd July 2007 01:36 PM
SweetVirginia Jeep...you are the best with prompt photos!

Thanks.

23rd July 2007 01:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Jeep wrote:

More pix :

Is that baseball shaped thing on the bottom middle of the photo the O2 Dome? Doesn't look to be as long of a walk as the Cabbage Patch was, if that IS the Dome!!??
23rd July 2007 01:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I knew you would be on it like fly paper, SV!!!

So if he hasn't made plans..he does live in France now and kind of hard to make plans from there...guess we make decision for all of us "Oh Great Leader Gazza"!!!!

Martin moved to Spain a few months ago but i think between himself and Bob Drummond (I think) they'll be organising a few things.

I'm not 'deciding' anything as I'm a tourist as well and dont really know the area, so I'm throwing things open for anyone on any of the boards with ideas.
23rd July 2007 01:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Martin moved to Spain a few months ago but i think between himself and Bob Drummond (I think) they'll be organising a few things.

I'm not 'deciding' anything as I'm a tourist as well and dont really know the area, so I'm throwing things open for anyone on any of the boards with ideas.

OK, Boss!!!
I knew he moved..wrong country-DAMN!!
Thanks, for getting the ball rollin'....
Excitement mounts.......
23rd July 2007 01:57 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Is that baseball shaped thing on the bottom middle of the photo the O2 Dome? Doesn't look to be as long of a walk as the Cabbage Patch was, if that IS the Dome!!??

It's not the little baseball. The dome is the big round structure up at the top of the picture.

Still not too far to walk, though.

23rd July 2007 02:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, SV! From the photo..it appears to look flat..so I figured it was some other monstrosity-lol

OK..Back to work before they catch me slackin'..
23rd July 2007 02:03 PM
Gazza Info posted on Shidoobee as well as Martin had already started a thread there.

http://p081.ezboard.com/Stones-Fans-UK-2007/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm623.showMessage?topicID=11.topic
23rd July 2007 02:24 PM
robpop
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It is an absolute certainty that Tele would be playing to win that day!

Please forgive Tele for his lack of funds. He also was swindled for all of his cash by Jim and Tammy Baker.
23rd July 2007 02:57 PM
Steel Wheels Thank you Gazza.

Where are your seats?
23rd July 2007 03:22 PM
Gazza block 112 one night, Block 101 another night I think (the block either side of the stage) and B3 floor on night three.

Not bad, but pretty disgraceful ticket ditribution considering two were bought in platinum presales and the other with Meg's legacy code.

For the twickenham shows last year, the presales got us tickets in the front five rows. For £60 instead of £150.
23rd July 2007 05:26 PM
monkey_man Gazza,
Are you posting on other sites as GazzaBloom?
MM
23rd July 2007 06:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Gazza,
Are you posting on other sites as GazzaBloom?
MM

Definitely not.

Always 'Gazza' and nothing else. 'Gazza63' on shidoobee as I couldnt remember my password for my original user name.
23rd July 2007 08:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

My phone(God willing it works) and Gazza's (same here..he has had "phone problems ya know!!} can send photos..maybe videos..but not sure. LJ, just need a photobucket account and a youtube account. I shall tutor you.. We can send to your email or anyone else(Mary?!!) who wants to upload them to their account and post.

I can receive and post photos from my email account and receive text messages by phone. Can't receive photos by phone, but email should suffice.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)