ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GREAT NEWS!!! VOODOO COMING TO HALIFAX Return to archive
20th September 2006 02:36 PM
voodoopug I was reviewing pictures of the stage construction in Halifax and could not help but notice some tents (see: Below).

Now that we have found out that this show is not selling (yet another one!) well at all and that taxpayers will be footing the six figure bill if things don't change, is it safe to assume that Gerardo and his famed "press conference" are being brought in to draw some bigger numbers?

Please post a picture of the original press conference so we may compare set up and suggest salient points of discussion.

[Edited by voodoopug]
20th September 2006 02:42 PM
Saint Sway good work detective!

you are back on your game today
20th September 2006 02:46 PM
jb So far only 30k tickets sold....expected 60!!! Kayne West must think we really suck.!!!!
20th September 2006 02:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
So far only 30k tickets sold....expected 60!!! Kayne West must think we really suck.!!!!

I fear many of the fans will be "his peeps"
20th September 2006 02:52 PM
Saint Sway off to the right of the pic I spy 5 people in the bleacher stand... perhaps thats where Gerardo and his esteemed contemporaries are practicing a dry-run of the press conference??

if you zoom in on the pic you can see their faces are completely void of any emotion
20th September 2006 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
off to the right of the pic I spy 5 people in the bleacher stand... perhaps thats where Gerardo and his esteemed contemporaries are practicing a dry-run of the press conference??

if you zoom in on the pic you can see their faces are completely void of any emotion

I am told they are waiting for Voodoo's arrival so that they can autograph their "press passes"
20th September 2006 02:56 PM
jb http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-09-20T122515Z_01_N19422715_RTRUKOC_0_US-CBC1.xml&src=rss&rpc=22
20th September 2006 02:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-09-20T122515Z_01_N19422715_RTRUKOC_0_US-CBC1.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

OTTAWA (Reuters) - The chairman of the publicly funded Canadian Broadcasting Corp. has resigned after remarks about bestiality and ruminations about defecation, Canadian Heritage Minister Bev Oda said on Tuesday.

Guy Fournier created an uproar in Canada's Lebanese community and in the media when he claimed that Lebanon allowed men to have sexual relations with female animals, but reserved the death penalty for those who did so with male animals.

In comments made in May, and replayed in a CBC weekend interview, he talked at length about the joys of bowel movements.

"He has increasingly lost the confidence of Canada's new government," Oda told the House of Commons. "I inform this House that I have received the voluntary resignation of Mr. Fournier effective today."

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
Also on Reuters
20th September 2006 03:00 PM
Saint Sway my Concierge called to say I have a package waiting at the front desk. Fingers crossed... this could be the transcripts! Truly the Holy Grail of the Rocks Off community
20th September 2006 03:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
my Concierge called to say I have a package waiting at the front desk. Fingers crossed... this could be the transcripts! Truly the Holy Grail of the Rocks Off community

don't get your hopes up. Unless he calls you back and says there is a packaged handcuffed to a very large gentleman with two armed gaurds in a climate controlled briefcase....its probably just more Black Crowes guitar player applications (sorry had to put one in today....the opening night situation has me on edge)
20th September 2006 03:38 PM
Saint Sway true.

the transcripts will most likely always remain shrouded in mystery

best we can do now is hope that Gerardo will upload a podcost.

Unfortunately, I have heard rumors that the tapes are filled with many excrutiatingly long pauses and its difficult to tell where the press conference actually ends. Many of the boots in circulation are cut short do to tapers assuming it had ended after one of the 5-minute-plus silent pauses.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)