ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHO AT MSG, SECOND NIGHT Return to archive
20th September 2006 12:34 AM
the soul survivor Simply put, one of the greatest shows I've seen in 50 years. These guys aren't scared to play half a dozen new tunes along with the "war horses". And the horses sound fantastic, with Pete simply showing that he's one of the best guitar players around. And Roger may have lost a bit of the high range, but he sounds soulful, and when Pete and Roger sing together, it's bliss. Could go on and on . . . but hopefully the Stones will feel challenged. I doubt they can match the WHO right now, based on the ABB shows to date.

The Soul Survivor
20th September 2006 12:56 AM
pdog They don't play here for sometime. I'm not even sure I can make the show. My curiousity is peaking...
20th September 2006 12:59 AM
sirmoonie Who's kidding Who?

The Who were always the best ever.
20th September 2006 01:04 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle Great show indeed. New stuff sounded real good.

Pete didn't talk much.
He just raged on guitar.

20th September 2006 10:33 AM
Your Cousin Lou 2nd night better than the 1st.
20th September 2006 11:04 AM
WJ I was in section 106. It was my first time going to a show at MSG; it's a really nice venue.
I was standing and screaming the whole time, along with everyone else. The show was fantasic and so was the audience.
20th September 2006 11:04 AM
Joey
quote:
the soul survivor wrote:
Simply put, one of the greatest shows I've seen in 50 years. These guys aren't scared to play half a dozen new tunes along with the "war horses". And the horses sound fantastic, with Pete simply showing that he's one of the best guitar players around. And Roger may have lost a bit of the high range, but he sounds soulful, and when Pete and Roger sing together, it's bliss. Could go on and on . . . but hopefully the Stones will feel challenged. I doubt they can match the WHO right now, based on the ABB shows to date.

The Soul Survivor

You make Joey all giddy !
20th September 2006 11:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Great show indeed. New stuff sounded real good.

Pete didn't talk much.
He just raged on guitar.

I am now moist .
20th September 2006 11:59 AM
Saint Sway once again.... the Stones were "Who-miliated"
20th September 2006 12:05 PM
GimmeExile How many different songs did they play on the second night?
20th September 2006 12:06 PM
justinkurian Fantastic show from last night. Pete was unbelievable as always. Roger sounded better than I thought. He nailed the scream in Won't Get Fooled Again.

And the new tunes sounded good live. I picked up the Wire & Glass single a few months ago, so I knew what to expect with the new material (which is strong).

20th September 2006 12:09 PM
Saint Sway I liked the video montages they showed for each song.
20th September 2006 12:38 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
How many different songs did they play on the second night?

They switched 1 of the new songs for another one, Man in the Purple Dress, and added Cry if You Want to the end of My Generation.
20th September 2006 12:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
once again.... the Stones were "Who-miliated"

good effort, it may play well.
20th September 2006 12:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

good effort, it may play well.

I'm considering putting it into heavy rotation for awhile and seeing if it can bump Dudes Are Old off the charts.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th September 2006 05:38 PM
shaleia There has never been a time when the Who was anywhere close to being as good as the Stones.
20th September 2006 05:45 PM
Dan
quote:
shaleia wrote:
There has never been a time when the Who was anywhere close to being as good as the Stones.

Except for most of the 70's, 1967 and now 2006.
20th September 2006 05:49 PM
Lavendar LOL "Thats Why They Call This Site
"ROCKS" OFF" *_-
The WHO ROCK!
[Edited by Lavendar]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)