ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JOEY...I Saw Your Band Last Night (NSC) Return to archive
19th September 2006 07:20 AM
SweetVirginia

19th September 2006 07:21 AM
SweetVirginia

19th September 2006 09:08 AM
justinkurian Thanks for the pics...what did you think of the show?

I'm seeing 'em tonight - can't wait.
19th September 2006 09:17 AM
SweetVirginia They were great. And after a NY Post review that said Pete was surly at their last show, he was charming last night.

And Zack Starkey is really good.

I think you'll enjoy it.

19th September 2006 11:29 AM
glencar Surly at Jones Beach? I'd say a bit. But that's what was so much fun. I don't need Billy Fucking Joel up there smiling & playing dull music.
19th September 2006 12:48 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Surly at Jones Beach? I'd say a bit. But that's what was so much fun. I don't need Billy Fucking Joel up there smiling & playing dull music.

Here's an excerpt from the Post review (which was titled "Baba O'Nasty).

" At Wednesday's show, the second performance on the band's first world tour in more than 20 years, Townshend came off as a grumpy old man who doesn't like the fans who adore him. The sourpuss guitarist unhappily and unnecessarily pouted his way through the 21/2-hour gig with sarcastic between-song patter that attacked his bandmate Roger Daltrey, the fans and even his own new music.

After a seemingly flawless rendition of "Baba O'Riley" that concluded with Daltrey blowing a mean blues harp, Townshend judged the rendition worthy of a "Jewish wedding." Whatever that meant, it drew a burning glare from Daltrey, and the tension in the air made drummer Zak Starkey go rigid behind his drum kit.

Later, Townshend diluted his acid with just a hint of humor, calling Daltrey "a rock 'n' roll casualty" just before the band launched the Elvis homage called "Real Good Looking Boy" that references the King's "Can't Help Falling in Love."

Then there was the introduction to "Who Are You?" in which Townshend mused about what it means to be a rock star and, in the final breaths before launching the tune, spat unexpectedly at the crowd, "Who the f - - - are you?" "
19th September 2006 01:19 PM
Stikkyfinger I think these guys will go far.....
19th September 2006 02:38 PM
jb shit!@!@! Daltrey has a bald spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]
19th September 2006 03:45 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
jb wrote:
shit!@!@! Daltrey has a bald spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by jb]

Remember when he had masses of curly long hair?

19th September 2006 03:47 PM
LadyJane Beautiful shots SV!!!!

Pics don't display on my work PC.

Definitely like the "stripped down" look.

Howe was Daltry's voice??? It can be weak at times, no?

LJ.
19th September 2006 03:50 PM
SweetVirginia Yeah, his voice is weak at times. The new stuff seemed better suited to his current lower register...and it still sounded like classic Who music.

He did nail the "Big Scream", however, much to the delight of the crowd.

19th September 2006 04:02 PM
Joey
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Hello My Stonesian Sister ..................

Been away in training classes all day .

Nice Photograph(s)

Did you like the concert ?!

Kins.
19th September 2006 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Remember when he had masses of curly long hair?

..just a scotch ( sic )
19th September 2006 05:44 PM
Joey
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Thanks for the pics...what did you think of the show?

I'm seeing 'em tonight - can't wait.

You Lucky Individual .....

Please file a review of the show tomorrow .

Kins !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)