ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you remember where you were.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th September 2006 01:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot I must have been pretty young when I first heard The Stones. My dad likes them, and used to play them on the 8 track in his '70 Baracuda. I have no recollection of any particular songs. I know that I liked them OK.

I was 14 when a chick gobbled my knob for the very first time. "She's So Cold" was playing on the radio. She was not cold at all. She is now because she's dead, but not back then. She Was Hot woulda better described her then. So I kinda took a shine to The Stones then.

But I didn't become a crazy obsessed fan until I saw them live at 3 Rivers Stadium in 1989. I fell into a couple of 5th row center tix and went. Ruby Tuesday sealed the deal for me that night. It was one of the first boots that I sought out.
15th September 2006 01:19 PM
monkey_man I'm pretty sure at party after my baptism the Stones were being blasted. That's what I get for having 20 year old hippy parents!
15th September 2006 04:12 PM
mrhipfl summer 2001; I stole a wrong CD. (from a family member, not a store)
[Edited by mrhipfl]
15th September 2006 04:55 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Probably at my cousin's house in 1980. He had just gotten Emotional Rescue for Christmas and my first exposure to the Stones was She's So Cold and Emotional Rescue.

Around 1986, I went to the library and checked out Hot Rocks on vinyl just to tape satisfaction, but then realized that the whole album rocked.

First Stones purchase:

On cassette: Dirty Work (GASP!!!)

On CD: Still Life

...now, off to see the Who!

btw, that first cassette of Hot Rocks followed me to university and eventually wore out.
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
15th September 2006 07:22 PM
Brainbell Jangler October 25, 1964 between 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. Ed Sullivan Show. We usually watched Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color at that time, but my mom (who was 28 at the time) was into the Stones and wanted to watch their first appearance on Sullivan.
16th September 2006 12:18 AM
Southbound Train My first exposure to Rolling Stones' music was in the womb, May 1971-February 1972.

As a toddler I destroyed my parent's original copies of "Flowers" and "Let it Bleed" by rubbing the tonearm back and forth, like a percussion instrument, totally motivated by Rolling Stones vibrations as the music bonded with my soul.

When I was five years old I discovered my dad's stack of 45s. For the entire autumn of 1977 I ran and jumped around the house as "Get Off Of My Cloud/Around and Around
kick-started the house's mainbeams.

Since then I've required a daily dose of Rolling Stones
16th September 2006 11:00 AM
Jair Back in 176. I was in home, doing nothing (actually, masturbating in the attic), listening to the radio, an AM station named Continental, from Porto Alegre city, which is the capital of the state where I live.

I didnt know were the Stones, but the song was great. At the end, a girl said: "You just heard Hey negrita, by The Rolling Stones".

Wow! I thought to myself, these guys are still together?

Then, in a couple of months I bought a little mono vitrola, in orange color (!!!), the single I Dont Know Why/Try A Little Harder and next, Black and Blue.

I had to get a job to buy my stuff, cuz my dad was a fuckink jerk and didnt want gimme anything. Hope he is still burning in hell & listening Celine Dion.

So, when Some Girls came out, I stole it from a local record store named "Antonov", owned by a fucking russian with a ass face.

A funny history: I went to the store and to vinyl section with NOTHING in my hands, but nobody noticed this little detail.

Then, I pick Some Girls from the shelves, went until a vendor and I said him: hey, I bought this album here yesterday, but it has a scratch, can you return my money or gimme another one? The guy replied: "sure, no prob" and gimme another copy of Some Girls.

16th September 2006 11:20 AM
lotsajizz summer 1967...riding back from the beach with my mom, me in the backseat, "Satisfaction" on the car radio...I remember saying "Mom, I LIKE this!"

16th September 2006 01:02 PM
littleredrooster 1964, then, a lad of 13, browsing Sam Goody's in NYC, discovering,
'England's Newest Hitmakers, The Rolling Stones'...........
HOOKED....................HISTORY.
16th September 2006 01:05 PM
Gazza whats this....MarthaMyDear and Roostah posting here again on the same day???
16th September 2006 02:05 PM
MarthaMyDear ASSHOLE!!! Why are you not ringing moi?!?!?! I emailed you my new cell # and have to go and do laundry, my friend, so call me if you can, ok. (cell will be with me... No, there is no wireless internet at the laundromat!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!)?!?!?! I emailed it to your Rocks Off emaiol addy 'cause my email program messed up and lost your new emails info. recently!!! ((((((( please email them again and CALL!!! hope to talk to my old friend soon!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
17th September 2006 07:50 AM
corgi37 Couldnt really say when it was the 1st time i heard them. I knew of them (of course!) long before i got into them. "Litte Queenie" was probably the 1st (and odd) song i knew of theirs. My sister had that "Gimme Shelter" compilation 8 track. At least, i THINK it was on that! hahaha.

In 76/77, we had a weekly late-night music show called "Nightmoves". It was great as it was intended for adults. There was no "glam" crap. No disco. No silly punk. Just cool, classic shit. I recall i would be in my room, making my Airfix planes (in particular, i recall making a "Brewster Buffalo" while a doco on the 76 tour was on! I wasnt even interested!) while listening to the show and looking up every now and then to see what was on. The host, Lee Simon, is a Stones nut! He's still on the air on radio. He's the assistant Manager at one of our top rating FM stations here in Melbourne.

I recall the doco was on nearly every week. To my immense frustration, i have not seen it since or even heard of it. I recall some groupies talking to the camera. Around the same time, Lynrd Skynrd crashed and burned, and they showed them every fucking week for months! hahaha. Also, acts like Bowie, Lou Reed, Neil Young - it was a very good show. Of course, Hot Stuff & Hey Negrita were played often too, but i didnt really pay much attention.

But, probably the thing that got me the most wasnt aural, but visual. It was STONES IN THE PARK. We had to watch it for English class. My English teacher was a fanatic! I was gob-smacked! I cried during Sympathy! And, i was hooked. It was 1978, which was lucky, as the Stones were more or less re-born. I adored Miss You, yet Some Girls i didnt buy until around 81. That year, i got the old Decca box set for Christmas. I had never heard most of the songs. I cried again when i heard Symathy - studio version, but really lost it when i heard Gimme Shelter for the 1st time. I just couldnt believe some one could write/perform a song so magical. It blew my mind (still does!). Also, Stray cat blues & (oddly) Memo from Turner.

Thus, from hence forth, my infliction has only worsened.
17th September 2006 08:04 AM
DizzyDutchman it was June 13 1995
Goffertpark, Nijmegen, Holland.

i was 7 years old, and didn't know anything about the stones, my dad took me to my first concert, in my own hometown! and it was a rolling stones concert!
i am a die hard stonesw fans since the moment keith started the intro of Not Fade away that evening!

me and my dad went to almost all Holland shows since that day...!

sweet memories..........
17th September 2006 08:24 AM
paddy i was in our prefab in Balham SW12 when they came on "Thank Your Lucky Stars"............my dad said "look at this mob,they won't last 5 minutes"
18th September 2006 12:24 PM
Jair Am I the only one who stole a record here, fuck?

Whem Mick Jagger knew about it, I remember he said to me: well done jair, good for you, Some Girls is a good album, you'll feel good listening it.

18th September 2006 04:28 PM
Trey Krimsin I was probably 3 or 4 years old when I first heard the Rolling Stones. I used to sneak (and I wasn't a good sneak then) into my uncle's room and listen to his 45's. He wasn't a big Stones fan, but he had copies of Miss You and Beast of Burden. I liked the songs, but I didn't become a big fan until I got Exile On Main Street in Christmas '94.
18th September 2006 06:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
Back in 176. I was in home, doing nothing (actually, masturbating in the attic),

I had to get a job to buy my stuff, cuz my dad was a fuckink jerk and didnt want gimme anything. Hope he is still burning in hell & listening Celine Dion.

So, when Some Girls came out, I stole it from a local record store named "Antonov", owned by a fucking russian with a ass face.

I'm literally crying with laughter here...
18th September 2006 06:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm literally crying with laughter here...

Jair is peerless!
18th September 2006 06:38 PM
MICK_JAGGER ah yes...it was 2003, july, i was sitting with my friends infront of the tv, having a sleepover, and we're flipping through the channels and i stop and i see this skinny only man running and dancing across stage singing "START ME UP" at the Toronto Rocks Concert, i ran and got my dad,(i was only 13) and i asked "Daddy! who's that??" and he said "why thats Mick Jagger son, the Rolling Stones" and i was amazed ever since, no other musical entertainer or band has captured me that way,

but then we went to bed..it was late, but the next day i got start me up and the music video and all that
19th September 2006 08:21 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Gazza wrote:
whats this....MarthaMyDear and Roostah posting here again on the same day???

ROOSTAH LIVES!!!!!
albeit a bit dried out from the blazing Arizona summer!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)