ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie in pix, part 1 : Ronnie the pirate Return to archive
15th September 2006 07:41 AM
Jeep It was few weeks ago in London.
It wasn't a fancy dress party, so the clothes of Ronnie are very curious.
Does he want a cameo in Pirates of Carribean 3 movie too ?

15th September 2006 08:10 AM
FotiniD Great pictures! I've seen them on getty, but the pirate similarity didn't strike me True enough!

Love the ones with Jo and Theo particularly.
15th September 2006 08:25 AM
Jumacfly he looks like an hobbit from Lord of The Rings!
15th September 2006 09:22 AM
F505 Is there also a picture of Ronnie the guitarist? I mean Ronnie who plays guitar instead of fooling around, waving, smiling, painting, drinking and what else you can imagine but has nothing to do with his profession.
15th September 2006 09:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
he looks like an hobbit from Lord of The Rings!

Well, he IS a hobbit after all Loves to drink, laugh, and make a fool of himself all the time

F505, plenty of them other pictures as well. Come on, let's give him a break... It's like people are so used to saying he sucks, it's become a habit even when he plays well. And there have been many such occasions in the summer leg of the tour!
15th September 2006 09:30 AM
F505
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Well, he IS a hobbit after all Loves to drink, laugh, and make a fool of himself all the time

F505, plenty of them other pictures as well. Come on, let's give him a break... It's like people are so used to saying he sucks, it's become a habit even when he plays well. And there have been many such occasions in the summer leg of the tour!

Well, unfortunately (?) haven't seen them because the Bruxelles concert was cancelled remember? But Fotini don't you think his 'break' hast last long enough?
15th September 2006 09:59 AM
Zeeta Theadora at some fashion awards, she looks truly awesome; really interesting looking:

15th September 2006 10:03 AM
Riffhard Judging by the fact that ol' Ronald is holding a balloon in one of the shots I'd say it's a safe bet that he has switched one habbit for another. Ronnie Wood-It's a gas,gas,gas indeed!

Riffy
15th September 2006 10:30 AM
Jeep
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Judging by the fact that ol' Ronald is holding a balloon in one of the shots I'd say it's a safe bet that he has switched one habbit for another. Ronnie Wood-It's a gas,gas,gas indeed!
Riffy

Some days after this party on Contactmusic.com website :

"I had a lot of fun with my balloons. I'll certainly be doing them again." ROLLING STONES guitarist RONNIE WOOD confesses a new addiction to helium party balloons.
25/08/2006 02:16
15th September 2006 10:43 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Jeep wrote:

"I had a lot of fun with my balloons. I'll certainly be doing them again." ROLLING STONES guitarist RONNIE WOOD confesses a new addiction to helium party balloons.

Yeah except those balloons are not filled with helium. Those are nitrous balloons aka laughing gas.

Riffy
15th September 2006 11:07 AM
F505
quote:
Jeep wrote:

The right place for Ronnie is a circus where he can wave, laugh and juggle with his balloons.
16th September 2006 03:03 AM
wgwalsh Ronnie's skin color ain't good. Looks like all those years of etoh have caught up with the liver. So sad indeed.
17th September 2006 02:18 AM
Navin You can't find a better Rolling Stone if you had to create one from solid-rock DNA linking original Stones and near Clones from the past, present, and the future...Wood looks both heroic in a way Mick never was and ragged in ways Keith can never hope to be...a rock and roll face indeed !!

You ought to hear the silence when the kid walks in..."Little Black Rooster" Go Ronnie, ..you are the king, no pool hall wizard...you looked pretty then and now "prettier beat up"

...no menion of Jeff Beck in that second shot - how the once-mighty have fallen...not from any of the deflated dancing child's baloon or sharpness of that other weavers blade..

Those thinking about his links to "laughing gas" are ignoring the presence of both a cigarette dangling from one hand and an unspilled drink in two different shots... end of transmission
17th September 2006 03:01 AM
FotiniD The drink in the first shot must be the Stereophonics' singer's one and the other one's got a straw in it. Can you drink alcohol with a straw? Silly question but I ain't the best of drinkers

I didn't recognize Jeff Beck
[Edited by FotiniD]
17th September 2006 07:25 AM
corgi37 Sure, the dress sense is fucking shocking, but Ronnie himself looks crap. Is it humanly possible some one can be so skinny?
17th September 2006 03:07 PM
Bruno Is it only me or I see botox in Beck´s face?
18th September 2006 09:31 AM
F505 I see al lot of unhealthy things.
18th September 2006 11:24 PM
Lord Homosex Who is the extremely ugly chick in the last picture?
19th September 2006 06:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man I actually did recognise Jeff Beck at first glance, but did'nt realise he looked so gay. Whats with the little tie and rolled up jeans over boots? Something in me is telling me that hes TRYING to look cool, but its not working.

Corgi is correct. Ronnie looks truely shocking in those snaps. It's okay when he's covered up, but I can see the bones!
19th September 2006 06:37 PM
Saint Sway Jeff Beck back in the day with Ronnie & Rod was as good as it gets.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)