ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Friday the 20th is a LET IT BLEED day. Return to archive
09-19-02 11:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Tom Ridge was greeted tonight as he walked off the plane in his native Pennsylvania with a wave of questions. When the topic finally turned to what color day it was, Tom had the following to say.

"I have just finished scoring, among other things, tickets to The Joint in Las Vegas, and am very happy. I hope my luck holds - apart from the two albums initially mentioned, SOME GIRLS and EXILE ON MAIN STREET, there has been very little chatter about what albums will be played from here on in. Therefore I have had to go to the books.

I spent all night in my crap government-issued plane pouring over records and have come to the conclusion that Friday is a LET IT BLEED day.

My reasoning is thus.

First - The Stones have played and/or rehearsed most of the songs from this album with the exception of "Live With Me" and "You Got The Silver". "Country Honk" doesn't count.

Second - The other two contenders, BEGGAR'S BANQUET and STICKY FINGERS, will most likely be dragged out later. BANQUET because of "Salt Of The Earth", which will probably be played at Madison Square Garden in a repeat of the Concert For New York. STICKY FINGERS... is very much up in the air and the other serious contender for the night's show. The only reason it's deemed not likely is because the Stones incorperate so many numbers from the album into their basic arena show as it is ("Brown Sugar", "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", and so forth). It would require some re-arranging of the show.

And so it's a bit more risky, picking LET IT BLEED, so I advise you all to stay on high alert for what is played!

And now, if you'll excuse me, I think I'll see if I can do what Entwhistle and his heart condition couldn't. Hope you aren't too bruised from falling off that tongue..."

The rest was lost as he, his pants bulging, strode back into the plane.

-tSYX --- She blew my nose and then she blew my mind!
09-20-02 01:03 PM
Stonesdoug They played four songs off of LIB at the Vet Wednesday , so I don't think it's gonna happen tonight
09-20-02 03:20 PM
Soul Survivor i want dirty work night!
09-20-02 03:51 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
They played four songs off of LIB at the Vet Wednesday , so I don't think it's gonna happen tonight

Waitaminute...

Was Wednesday an arena?

Did I miss it?

-tSYX --- Meaaaaaan disposition!
09-20-02 11:28 PM
Maxlugar You are a Sayer of Sooth.

A soothsayer, really.

MAXY!
09-20-02 11:33 PM
Soul Survivor Dang Savage.....you were right
09-21-02 12:23 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Dang Savage.....you were right

Like a thieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeef in the niiiiiiiiiight...

-tSYX --- I know where he keeps you...