ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HBO promo Return to archive
09-19-02 11:03 PM
Boomhauer I just saw this thing.

Now when people say they get tired of Start me Up, why is that? I just danced for the 30 seconds that promo was on. lol

If you're interested in nudity, right now there is a Real Sex episode on. Right now they are showing how they make artificial cocks and cooders. Not my kind of thing.
09-20-02 10:25 AM
jb Boomhauer..have'nt you learned that nothing satidsfies these so called fans...we are getting the most diversified set list, 4 new songs(albeit kinda weak), clubs, arenas, and stadiums, a definitive greatest hits cd, and it is still not good enough...this explains why the Beatles and Aerosmith are so much more popular..
09-20-02 10:31 AM
stonesmik Do you know than "fan" is derived from "fanatic"? Let alone "diehard" fans...

Let it rock!
09-20-02 10:37 AM
sirmoonie Don't forget the B stage, Joshie. They have given us that too, but still the pissing and whining continues. It makes me want to vomit. Physically vomit.

BTW - did you know that in Australia the B Stage is called the "poopdeck"? Its true. And when Ronnie would stagger off on a drunken solo on the B, Aussies would yell "You're swabbing the poopdeck, Ronnie!"
09-20-02 11:35 AM
corgi37 where did you get the idea we aussies call the b stage the poopdeck? I have never in my life ever heard it called that. And for one very good reason. The stones havent toured here since 95, and certainly have never even used a b stage here. Stop making shit up. You are indeed a fool.
09-20-02 11:55 AM
jb Klie M. is the hottest australian import since the Bee Gees!!!!
09-20-02 12:01 PM
sirmoonie Look Corgis, you don't need to get testy. Its you who are the fool if you don't know what a poopdeck is. Where do you live, the friggin' outback? Quite humping that koala and get outta the tent, you pissniverous blockhead!
09-20-02 12:04 PM
jb The Yanamommas of the amazon rain foerest induct their males into puberty by whacking their sclongs with a hard wooden stick!!! I lerned this at Univ. of Florida in 1982 in Anthropology class...!!!
09-20-02 12:07 PM
sirmoonie Hey Joshie, I know the area. Did you party at the Purple Porpoise? Did you do acid at Lake Alice with all the gators swimming around?

Whats with Corgi? That dude is messed up. I hope some indian whacks his pee-pee with a ruler.
09-20-02 12:15 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
jb wrote:
Boomhauer..have'nt you learned that nothing satidsfies these so called fans...we are getting the most diversified set list, 4 new songs(albeit kinda weak), clubs, arenas, and stadiums, a definitive greatest hits cd, and it is still not good enough...this explains why the Beatles and Aerosmith are so much more popular..

jb (and others) please take your time from your busy schedules and read the thread "Predictions on 36 Licks" at the IORR message board. here's a link:

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?f=1&i=22631&t=22631

Guys, it will never end. Why are people filled with so much anger, jealousy, and anxiety?
09-20-02 12:18 PM
jb Holy shit, that brings back memories. The Purple Porpoise was fucking awesome...Strange tale , however...a Professor Aplledorf, who led a privatew gay life, invited 3 Teens from New York to gainesville..they got fucked up at the PP, went to his condo, and proceeded to sadistically torture/murder him...
Lake Alice was a trip... how many times I tripped at this place....Remember Calico Jacks..The Islands, Rickeys, The Hilton, Dubs!!!!
09-20-02 12:20 PM
jb I stopped posting their ....it became too European for me!!!
09-20-02 12:25 PM
Moonisup it is not fun to post there, I do that occionally!!

Do you post there Boom??

rik
09-20-02 12:26 PM
sirmoonie Yeh, some of those ring a bell. Calico's - that place rocked!

Man, there are a lot of murders in Gainesville. I was in Gainesville when that Danny Rolling guy was carving people up. Scary stuff.

I bought a house on Lake Sante Fe two years ago. I send the wife and kids down several times a year to hang out in beautiful north Florida. I love that area.

I'm going to buy a jet ski for the lake house next summer. I'll ride it around the lake yelling "Whooop! Dey it is! Whooop! Dey it is!" I'll let you know next time I'm there Josh. We'll party and throw rocks in the lake!
09-20-02 12:33 PM
jb Truthfully, Gainesville is about 400 miles away from me here in Miami...I graduated in 84 and believe it or not , have never been back!!! I had an old girlfriend who lived their during the Rollings murders and that was indeed scary..kids sleeping withshotguns....Gainesville , at the time I attended, was such a partying school...I can't even mention the debauchery i use to take part in...I laugh because i am such an old fart according to my wife today...even she even knew 1/2 of it, she would never have married me...then again, as she says, "I had potential"LOL
09-20-02 12:43 PM
sirmoonie I used to debauch a lot. I still like debauching a bit now and then, but not like days gone by. Marriage seems to cut down both the quality and quantity of debauchery. You know what they say - why buy the debauch when the cow is free!

I'm way more into chicanery now. I have replaced my debauch addiction with a chicanery addiction.
09-20-02 12:46 PM
jb That's a prerequisite in our profession!
09-20-02 01:16 PM
sirmoonie Remember when Kylie M. did the Locomotion? Talk about poopdecks!

Autralia is great, I bet. Have you been there Josh? I gotta do that some day. Chimpanzees, poopdecks, big ole rocks, sun, surf, fishes, great ales in big ole cans. Australia has long supported the Stones. I think it would be a good environment to be in.
09-20-02 01:35 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey sirmoonie....

I still got that Giant's ticket......
09-20-02 01:48 PM
sirmoonie Hey, I'll e-mail you re that tickie.
09-20-02 05:07 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it is not fun to post there, I do that occionally!!

Do you post there Boom??

rik

No, I just read (and laugh at some of the idiots) the threads.