ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Four new songs time?; Some "40 licks" songs edited. Return to archive
09-19-02 07:46 PM
Soldatti I heard the four new songs on the radio but anybody can tell me the total time of the new songs. I know what "Keys To Your Love" (the last week I said what is the best) during 4:12. What is the time of "Losing My Touch"; "Don't Stop" (3:58??); and "Stealing My Heart" (3:42???).

In the additional news from "Forty Licks", I know what "Miss You"; "Beast Of Burden"; "Fool To Cry"; "Mixed Emotions" and "Anybody Seen My Baby" are edited down (Jump Back versions).

Recently, someone post what will be a video for "Don't Stop". When was filmed the video???.
09-19-02 08:03 PM
Mottrush As far as I know the MP3's that most of us have downloaded are the full versions.

I make them: Don't Stop - 3.58
Keys To Your Love - 4.14
Stealing My Heart - 4.37
Losing Much Touch - 5.06

I had a feeling that a lot of the Forty Licks tracks would be edited down, as with Jump Back. There was no way the full versions would fit onto a 2CD compilation.

BTW the new tracks are getting better with repeated listening. LMT is not as bad as everyones is saying it is. I remember Sleep Tonight, Thru & Thru, How Can I Stop all took time to fully appreciate!!!
09-19-02 08:21 PM
Boomhauer I doubt they will edit the songs. JUmp Back was an import and I can understand them editing that.
09-19-02 08:31 PM
Mr T I was kinda hoping that wouldn't happen - but I knew it would. 20 songs a CD would be quite a stretch - I expected some editing - but it doesn't seem too bad. Fool To Cry could stand to be shorter, I'm sure I won't miss those couple of seconds off Anybody Seen my Baby, Mixed Emotions might benefit from it - but if not there's always SW, and as for Miss You & Beast of Burden - oh well - I have the albums anyway, if I didn't already have the full Some Girls versions on CD I'd have to be a friggin communist.
[Edited by Mr T]
09-19-02 08:37 PM
Boomhauer Well, when they edit Beast of Burden and Miss You, they take out very big parts in the songs (harp solos and guitar solos).

When they edit Mixed Emotions and Fool to Cry, it ain't much really.

I just don't get how 3-4 minutes (I think it may be even shorter) have to be cut down. I guess it makes a big difference.
09-20-02 03:52 PM
KeepRigid My only request at this point...

Let's hope Forty Licks doesn't bear any labels touting songs that have been featured in any commercials, promos, or tv shows.

Yes, I know some have been. But isn't it classy when it's reverse-hyped that way?
09-20-02 11:30 PM
Maxlugar Those songs should have been edited to 0.00.

If you are not going to do something right, then don't do it at all.

They should have waited to release these songs until they finished them.

These are classic unreleased bootlegs in my mind.

At least, that's what they should have been......
09-20-02 11:34 PM
Boomhauer ------------------------------------------

*Fart*

-----------------------------------------

Sorry, had to get that one out.

BTW, I haven't listened to any Stones for about a week and a half. I've done this before, taking some time from the Stones. Keeps it fresh and green, if ya know what I mean.
09-20-02 11:39 PM
Maxlugar That sounded better than Don't Stop.