ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Billboard.com story Return to archive
09-19-02 01:39 PM
sandrew Stones Bring Their 'Licks' To HBO

A live Rolling Stones concert will air on HBO in January. The pay cable channel will present the Stones at New York's Madison Square Garden on Jan. 18, one of the last stops on their ongoing "Licks" tour, which hits Philadelphia tomorrow (Sept. 20). The group has also added another Madison Square Garden performance for Jan. 17 and a Jan. 21 show at Chicago's United Center.

The Stones previously performed live in 1997 for MTV's "Live at the 10 Spot" during their "Bridges to Babylon" tour.

On Monday at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom, the Stones got a boost from U2 frontman Bono, who joined the group for a rendition of their '70s favorite "It's Only Rock'N'Roll (But I Like It)." Keyboardist Dr. John, who opened the show, guested with the Stones on "I Just Want To Make Love To You."

The Stones launched the trek Sept. 3 in Boston and will release a career-spanning retrospective, "40 Licks," Oct. 1 via Virgin. One of the set's four new songs, "Don't Stop," is No. 22 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks chart this week.

To read exclusive excerpts from Billboard's recent interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, click here.
09-19-02 03:16 PM
jb I thougth I would respond as no one else is interested...
09-19-02 03:25 PM
sandrew Mighty kind of you. It's old news, but there is a bit in there about "Don't Stop" charting on Billboard's "Mainstream Rock" list. I think the track is the weakest of the bunch and still haven't heard the damn thing on the radio yet.

Anyone in D.C. know which station it's been playing on?
09-19-02 03:26 PM
jb 22 is pretty good for a Stones single these days.
09-19-02 04:30 PM
Boomhauer Damn, # 22! Hell Yeah. The swagger is now back!

Keep rockin' Mick, Keef, Ron, and Charlie.
09-19-02 04:38 PM
sandrew Remember, though, it's not the main singles chart. It's the "mainstream rock" chart. Still not a bad thing, that's for sure.
09-19-02 04:39 PM
jb When is it officially released?
09-19-02 04:44 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
sandrew wrote:
Remember, though, it's not the main singles chart. It's the "mainstream rock" chart. Still not a bad thing, that's for sure.

yeah, I just went to billboard and saw that. You can't see it at #22 because they only go up to #20 on that chart.

WHo gives a fuck if it doesn't make the "main" singles chart. Did you see what type of music makes that chart? Justin Timberlake? What........the.......fuck? Some April Laverne or something like that, with her stupid "wanna-be punk" attitude. It's all shit.

The "mainstream rock" is the only one that would make sense.

BTW, I've never heard the new U2, but it's already up on that chart. I don't understand it; that band's music is just so friggin' boring! It's dull, bland, and lonely. It's SAD music, that's what it is.