ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Since Aerosmith is going to be playing in town around the L.A. shows... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-18-02 11:55 PM
MarthaMyDear and there's a pic. of Bono playing at the Aragon Ballroom with the band... Could there be a set of two, big sexy lips onstage at the WILTERN?!?!?! OH, FRIGGIN' BE STILL MY BEATING, FRIGGIN' HEART!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET IT BE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, I CAN DREAM!!! DREAM ON!!! DREAM ON!!! DREAM ON!!! DREAM UNTIL YOUR DREAM COMES TRUE!!! DANG, I JUST CAN'T WAIT, NONETHELESS!!! OH!!! UGH!!! I LOVE THE STONES (AND AEROSMITH!!! SORRY!!!)... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P PEACE, LOVE, JOY, AND HOPE AND, oh, yea... ROCK AND ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ONLY ROCK 'N ROLL, BUT I LIKE IT!!! I LIKE IT!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I DOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! HO!!! HO!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09-19-02 01:09 AM
Martha Hi Martha,

I happen to love Aerosmith too and wish I was gonna catch them on Friday in Cincy..at Riverbend..but can't swing it this time around. I hope you're dream comes true and they jam with the Stones in L.A. that would be killer!

Heard you met Jope Perry years ago ( with Cardinal Fang at your side)...got any other good stories on meeting rock and roller's?

the other,
martha
09-19-02 01:11 AM
Martha Duhhh that's Joe Perry ooops!
09-19-02 02:12 AM
MarthaMyDear HEY, MARTHA!!! I was just going to say MARTHA, MY DEAR, but that's me!!! lol.................... :P Anyways, I didn't know that Cardinal Fang was there??? Are you talking about when Aerosmith had their autobiography book-signing at Tower Records here in L.A. some years ago??? I got to talk to Steven Tyler very briefly and the rest of the band and got all of their autographs inside the book cover!!! Steven hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and I gave him a big bear hug back and wouldn't let go!!! HA!!! HA!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P He has some NICE back muscles!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Ok.... I'll calm down... lol............. :P I saw them get their hands or feet or whatever imprinted at the Rock Walk in front of Guitar Center, also, a way long time ago... I've met just about everyone I've ever wanted to meet 'cause I used to work at Tower Video on the Sunset Strip here in L.A. in the mid-late eighties and EVERYONE rented their videos there, including David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Princess Stephanie, Yoko Ono, etc.!!! The only people I haven't formally met that I want to are the rest of the Stones (I met Ronnie) and my childhood idol, Deborah Harry (I used to know Frank Infante, though)!!! lol..................... :P I'm getting there!!! lol.................. :P My favorite people that I've met are Steven Tyler and John Lydon (Johnny Rotten), whose autograph I got, also... I, also, loved seeing Mick very close at his solo El Rey show he did here last year (I was just a few feet away)... THAT WAS AWESOME!!! I guess if you work on the Sunset Strip or in the entertainment industry, etc., you'll meet famous people, etc.!!! I've dated some well-known people, but that was a long time ago... I have my eye on a certain musician right now who's really nice... Just being nice is the BIG PLUS!!! OH!!! The coolest famous person I saw sitting in the passenger seat of a car was THE DIRECTOR, JOHN HOUSTON!!! I'm a Marilyn Monroe fan, so that was REALLY cool seeing him!!! And, I've seen Vincent Price, etc.... lol................... :P I'll try to think of who all I've met and seen and post them all here, or something, ok., and I'll talk to you soon!!! Anyways, MORE SOON!!! I'll post some funny stories, if I can remember them, also!!! Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON!!!
09-19-02 02:33 AM
MarthaMyDear OH!!! OK.!!! Here's a funny story that I friggin' tell everyone 'cause it cracks me up (yes, I crack myself up and that's ok.!!! lol............... :P )... Anyways, you know that commecial (American Express???) that used to be on T.V. where (is it Dean Martin???) gets carded at a retail store and they don't care if he's famous... They still need to see ID? Well, when I worked at Tower Video, Gene Simmons used to regularly rent movies there (ALOT... I think alot of people were addicted to renting movies back then... lol................. :P I was a little bit later, etc.... lol................. :P )... Anyways, I would card him EVERTY, SINGLE TIME (before that commercial) 'cause I was very anal retentive and I was still growing from my post-punk phase into my post-punk G N' R/Jane's Addiction-period phase!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P I'm laughing... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P OH, IT'S FUN NOT TO GROW-UP!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P Anyways, so I think that the other people I worked with used to laugh about it 'cause it was very ridiculous and I was just acting like I didn't like KISS... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P I did a long time ago, though, but to me it was UNCOOL to like him, or whatever... WHO KNOWS WHAT I WAS THINKING??? lol..................... :P But, he was so patient, I almost think, well... he probably thought I was INSANE!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P Oh, that's funny... I love that story... HE!!! HE!!! lol..................... :P And, finally one time the customer standing behind him in line said, "Do you know who that was?!?!?!"... "IT'S GENE SIMMONS!!! Why are you asking for his ID???" and I was, like, so................. Well, you'd have to be there... lol................... :P Another funny thing is that Tower Video was know for it's drugged-out employees and people would just go there to see people working stoned and I used to do that (not anymore), but it was BAD then... Axl and Slash used to work there and manage the store a little bit before I started working there and everyone who worked there, including me, was STILL insane, etc., but I think I missed some really hilarious stuff!!! lol.................... :P They said that Axl used to mix drinks for the crew before they worked every shift, or something like that... I miss that kind of job!!! HA!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P It was fun, but INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You still gotta have fun, though!!! And, that's what these shows are for!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to TRY to see Aerosmith when they're here, but I'm so, damn BROKE... I might see, but I'll have to work more, or something... Anyways, I'll talk to you soon, Martha, and if I think of any other funny stories, I'll post them, ok.??? Anyways, take care and ALOT MORE SOON!!!
09-19-02 02:33 AM
hoobler the stones can't say they are the greatest american rock'n roll band.
09-19-02 02:41 AM
MarthaMyDear It's being advertised now/they said in that advertisement that was on TV when they were selling their latest greatest hits double-CD, that Aerosmith is "the greatest American rock 'n roll band", or something like that... And, the Stones are "the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world"... Who thought-up both of those, by the way??? I say yes to both!!!
09-19-02 10:11 AM
jb AeoSmith sucks..do not claim to be a Stones fan and then go off about how great this pre-pubescent band is...You have no right to post this garbage on a Stones site..go to MTv or some highschool kids Aerosmith site..go antwhere, but never post this crap again!!!
09-19-02 12:24 PM
Martha JB I have every right to be a fan of whoever I like and being a fan of any other group does not preclude me being a Stones fan.

It is your adolescent comments that need to stop. If you have nothing relevant to post other than your negative, self-righteous opinion please stay out of the conversation, it doesn't involve you.
09-19-02 12:32 PM
jb Of course you have a right Martha...I just would appreciate it if you would stop the AeroSmith worshipping..Remember< I am #1 stones fan and I am not interested in any other group...particularly that overrated, MTV friendly, highschool girl loving band!
09-19-02 12:33 PM
Nellcote Ooh, JB, time for the prozac!

Aerosmith and the Stones have many, many similarities.

You are too all knowing to contemplate such matters, thus I will refrain.

The boys played at my high school in '74, the best kick ass time we had. They used to play all around our area. Joe P is from two towns over.

Joe P played on "Everybody Getting High", which was listenable...

I would think it would be a hoot to see The bad boys from Boston up with The Stones, probably be only one or two of them though.

Look, Aerosmith has marketed themselves far better to a wider audience range than The Stones have. The fact that they make it on TRL shows they know who to go after. Dodge
took them, used the song for their promos with F'ckin A
on tv, which was pissa.

Rock On!
09-19-02 12:39 PM
jb Right Nellie..does'nt that bother you? They use to have a lot in common with the Stones..but since 86, with that bullshit video with Run DMC, they have gone completely pop..albeit successfully!
09-19-02 12:46 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Of course you have a right Martha...I just would appreciate it if you would stop the AeroSmith worshipping..Remember< I am #1 stones fan and I am not interested in any other group...particularly that overrated, MTV friendly, highschool girl loving band!

If you aren't interested then why READ this thread and spend your time commenting on it? You do have a choice.

Nell, I agree with your assessment..the boys really can rock now that they've sobered up.

JB If you think it's only pop..try listening to their albums from Pump...Get A Grip...to the latest Just Push Play..they still rock hard my friend.

I think Steven and Joe would have a blast onstage with Keef, Mick and Ronnie....and vice versa.

....hope it comes to pass.
09-19-02 12:50 PM
Nellcote You know, JB, it does'nt. They have Run & Kid Rock on their current tour, just to grab that age group. Run is a non player at this point, but Kid still brings them in.

Who do the Stones have? Pretenders? WTF, they bring nada to the table. Yeah, you got Shaggy, however, that may draw.
There are some pairings that will work with the Stones, however, I could not see them repeating the days of The Crusaders (75) or Atlanta Rythym Section (78). Some parts of Cohl's regime get that you need to pair with different ages in mind, some don't

Aerosmith will continue because they have taken control of themselves, flushed the drug demons out of their system, and have morphed into adult mid 50's rockers. Their live act is still good, their b stage setup tanks, however. Had 4th row last year, they still have it.

Look, they are not Journey, or Kansas, they still have creativity, frankly pump out more product in a shorter time frame than the Stones.
09-19-02 01:06 PM
jb Based on your comments, I have to assume you prefer Aerosmith over the Stones....you are not alone...unfortunately many once great stone's fans have also abadoned the group and the result has been a dramatic decline in their popularity over the last decade....shame on you Nelly!!!
09-19-02 01:22 PM
Nellcote Wrong assumption counselor. Don't get carried away.

Look, you live in Boston, you hear/think/sleep Aerosmith. period. They have had/still do have interests in restaraunts,nightclubs, f-1 racing tracks,seen at chic stores on Newbury St, play yearly for New Years Eve in either Woosta of Beantown, or Mohegan Sun, their homes have been featured in real estate sections in local papers, they pop up as guest dj's, etc. This is what this grey hair hears/sees.

Now, I used to get into raging knockout your teeth battles with my friends, all of whom worshiped at the Aero altar, where I was the lone wolf defending the Stones. I would cite the Stones "Walking the Dog" as far superior to Aero's version, fistfight galore! Now, I can tolerate, sometimes find myself liking their product, just for the fact it's all around this area.

Take heart, nothing will ever compare with the Stones.

I do think other bands of the Stones genre do better in self promotion, whether that is staying in the public eye with product, or finding ways to remain relevant, than the Stones sometimes.

09-19-02 01:26 PM
jb They don't really need to be in public eye..the financial success was well chronicled in the fortune magazine article...I just resent people who actually think AeroSmith is even 1/2 the band the stones are..I mean are'nt you embarrassed to watch their videos? really juvenille ,highschool stuff!!!
09-19-02 01:27 PM
F505 Here in Holland we don't know Aerosmith. Is it a good band? Who's playing in it? Did they have any top ten hits? Are they related to the BCR?
09-19-02 01:28 PM
jb They are considered by many the second greatest group of all time behind the Beatles..they have sold more records and have more sold out shows than the stones.
09-19-02 01:31 PM
F505 well it doesn't ring a bell
09-19-02 01:32 PM
Maxlugar After seeing that two hour documentary on them I now think Koe Perry is the biggest pussy in all of Rock and Roll.

There they were: a young and hot band. Things are getting real cool for them. World in the palm of their hands. And Joe insists on bringing his woman everywhere with him. I actually felt bad for Steven Tyler.

What a diggle berry.

Maxy!
09-19-02 01:34 PM
F505 Who is Koe Perry? In Holland the Dutch word for cow is 'koe'
09-19-02 01:34 PM
jb Did you see the ugly large framed glasses that bitch wore! JOe Pery was like JOhn and Yoko..what a fucking loser!!!
09-19-02 01:35 PM
Moonisup Well Cow perry would be very appropriate!!
09-19-02 01:36 PM
jb I will say this, Joe Perry looks good..much better than Keith these days...
09-19-02 01:37 PM
F505 Where on earth are you talking about?
09-19-02 01:38 PM
F505 Who's this Cow Perry anyway?
09-19-02 01:39 PM
Moonisup Well I don't like Keith's brown hair!! I like the grey better! during the b2b tour! Well maybe perry looks better, haven't seen anythink about Aerosmith in holland for ages, he ain't as cool as keith, well hell the whole toxic twin are the the disabled look a likes from the Glimmer twins

rik, the wooden shoe
09-19-02 01:40 PM
Maxlugar Sorry everyone!

I meant Joe Perry.

You see, the "K" key is right next to the "J" key.

And my fingers are slow and bloated from a three Heineken lunch.

Fuck faces.

Love,

Maxy!
09-19-02 01:41 PM
F505 Moonisup do you try to ridiculize our fine country with your wooden shoe-stuff?
Page: 1 2 3