ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Announcing the US Tour & Rap in LA, 1969
by ED Caraeff

BUY ME!!! CLICK HERE
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: But what can a poor boy do ? Return to archive
09-17-02 10:33 PM
chrisis2 So I got lucky as hell staying up all night last May, and I got tickets to the Tower which I'll be driving up to on Sunday (I go to college in North Carolina)

But I know that'll just leave me thirsting for more Stones, so I've talked to a few buddies strung out between here and Virginia, and we're gonna try and go to the Fedex field show.

The problem is, I don't have much money... Being a student, I was already pretty broke, and now I've got same gambling debts. Of course I'm not gonna let that stop me, but I'm just wondering what the best way to get in cheap is. Looking at ebay, it seems that I won't even have to pay face value... It'd be nice to be down on the field, but really I just wanna get in the stadium... I figure from a certain point and back I'll end up watching the screen anyway (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this, I've never been to a stadium show before)

so anyway, what's the best way to get in cheap? should i go ahead and buy something on ebay? will they discount tickets at the window before the show when it's still not sold out? should i try and buy em in the parking lot before the show and risk that theyre counterfeit? will people bother counterfeiting for a show thats not sold out?

anyone with experience/knowhow on this, some advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
chris
09-17-02 10:38 PM
Fiji Joe I got 2 extra for Atlanta I will let go at cost...They're field GA which is in front of second stage.
09-17-02 11:47 PM
chrisis2 damn, i'd like to go to that show... i am FROM atlanta... but it turns out that's parents weekend and I can't make it. I tried to talk my parents into stayin home instead and have me come visit... but they knew exactly what I was up to
09-18-02 01:13 PM
jb Gety a grip of yourself college boy...fuck the parents..we are talking ROlling Stones...also, I will be in Atlanta and if Fuju messes with me%&?>@!!!
[Edited by jb]
09-18-02 07:52 PM
Fiji Joe JB, give me your section, row and seat numbers and I will come #$&*@# w/ you. Ol' Billy the Kid gonna, garaaanteeee it!
09-18-02 08:39 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Aww.... Rocks Off! The board of brotherly love!

Cool it, you two! Roaring arguments online are all well and good, but if you two start fighting in Atlanta, you'll ruin the show for fans who want to be there for the music!

And you, cash-strapped college student, should go and see as many Stones shows as possible.

In fact, get an extra ticket at low cost and offer it to your creditors in place of a cash debt.

-tSYX --- Undercovah of the ni-i-i-i-ight! (BWAH-WAH-Wah-wah-[wah]-wah-Wah-WAH)
09-19-02 05:09 PM
chrisis2 Alright, fuck the parents, etc, but even assuming i DID make it to that show, I still wanna go to DC too... so I still wanna know, what's the best way to get in cheap?