ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lennon's 65'th birthday CD Return to archive
September 20th, 2005 01:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels LENNON’S 65TH BIRTHDAY TO BE COMMEMORATED BY CD SET

The 65th anniversary of John Lennon’s birth will be commemorated by Capitol Records October 4 when Working Class Hero – The Definitive Lennon hits store shelves. The two-CD set, executive produced by Yoko Ono, will offer a 38-song collection of Lennon’s hit singles and key album tracks.

The collection, which was mastered from the best available sources, includes material from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Sometime In New York City, Mind Games, Walls and Bridges, Rock ‘N’ Roll, Double Fantasy, Live in New York City, Milk and Honey, and Anthology.

Ono released the following statement regarding the new collection:

“Everyone has been asking me recently if this year will be extra special for me since it's John's 65th birthday year and the 25th anniversary of that awful day. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about John. But still, it is very special for me too to think of John at 65, and to think what he would be doing if he was here now.

“I can immediately see that he would be very, very angry at what's going on in the world today. Oh, yes. Violence, accelerated corporate manipulations and lies. He wanted the world to be a beautiful place for all of us. But it seems we have a long way to go yet for that.

“Once he was honored as “The Man Of The Decade”. That was 35 years ago. Now he is a man of the century and the future. His work inspires all people, and his voice reaches the whole planet.

“I miss him a lot. We all miss him. His songs are now our songs, our love, and our life.

“John made some great songs with beautiful music and daring words. He laid his life on the line to speak out the truth for all of us.

“Enjoy this incredible selection of songs of wisdom and power, and know that John is now in the heart of each of us, helping to heal ourselves and our planet.

“I love you, John. You are the one and only. Yoko”.

The track listing for Working Class Hero – The Definitive Lennon follows:

Disc One
1. (Just Like) Starting Over
2. Imagine
3. Watching the Wheels
4. Jealous Guy
5. Instant Karma!
6. Stand By Me
7. Working Class Hero
8. Power To The People
9. Oh My Love
10. Oh Yoko
11. Nobody Loves You When You’re Down And Out
12. Nobody Told Me
13. Bless You
14. Come Together (live)
15. New York City
16. I’m Stepping Out
17. You Are Here
18. Borrowed Time
19. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Disc Two
1. Woman
2. Mind Games
3. Out Of The Blue
4. Whatever Gets You Thru The Night
5. Love
6. Mother
7. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
8. Woman Is The Nigger Of The World
9. God
10. Scared
11. #9 Dream
12. I’m Losing You (Anthology Version)
13. Isolation
14. Cold Turkey
15. Intuition
16. Gimme Some Truth
17. Give Peace A Chance
18. Real Love
19. Grow Old With Me
September 20th, 2005 02:02 PM
Joey

Thanks TTM -- Lennon is missed these days more than EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)