ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The first band in Wembley stadium will be... (for Gazza!) Return to archive
September 19th, 2005 05:20 PM
Moonisup BON JOVI were the last band to play the old Wembley Stadium before it
was leveled... and BON JOVI will be the first band to play the new
Wembley Stadium.

3 June, 2006 - Glasgow @ Hampden Park
4 June, 2006 - Manchester @ Commonwealth Stadium
7 June, 2006 - Coventry @ Ricoh Arena
9 June, 2006 - Southampton, England @ St Mary's Stadium
11 June, 2006 - London, England @ Wembley Stadium
Ticket information to follow

thanks to Dirty work - Holland

BON JOVI
September 19th, 2005 05:24 PM
marko I´ll bet,Gazza will record and tree all these shows!
September 19th, 2005 05:47 PM
jcdesq Does this Gazza person really like the Bon Jovi? I am from New Jersey, and unfortunately have had to listen to these clowns my entire life. They are like the AIDS of music.

One time, I was at a Giants game, and they were having an auction at halftime to benefit 9/11 victims and someone won a Richie Sambora signed guitar. When they announced this, the entire stadium, in unison, shouted "Give it back! Give it back!" This was in New Jersey, Bon Jovi's home state, mind you.

They are as bad for America as Hurricane Katrina.
September 19th, 2005 05:54 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Does this Gazza person really like the Bon Jovi?

He's always talking about them. I think he looks upon them as one of his favorite bands. One of the great shining lights in modern music
September 19th, 2005 05:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
BON JOVI were the last band to play the old Wembley Stadium before it
was leveled...

too bad they werent buried under the rubble
September 19th, 2005 07:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Does this Gazza person really like the Bon Jovi? I am from New Jersey, and unfortunately have had to listen to these clowns my entire life. They are like the AIDS of music.

One time, I was at a Giants game, and they were having an auction at halftime to benefit 9/11 victims and someone won a Richie Sambora signed guitar. When they announced this, the entire stadium, in unison, shouted "Give it back! Give it back!" This was in New Jersey, Bon Jovi's home state, mind you.

No...I detest them with every fibre of my being. My contempt for them is bordering on pathological and the source of many sarcastic jibes by hurtful people on here!

I liked your "AIDS of music" desription. Mine has long been the "antichrist of rock n roll".

The closest rendezvous to them I had was when they opened for the Stones in Paris in 95. I recounted this story some time ago. I almost cancelled my flight when I found out they were the support act. Fortunately I had a VIP pass the first day and managed to avoid their abomination of a performance. One way or another, a couple of hours before showtime, I found myself sitting at a table right outside their trailer and could see their stage clothes inside. At that precise moment, I was consumed by such an uncharacteristically overwhelming hatred that I wished that in my feckless youth I had chosen to become an arsonist by profession.

Unfortunately, I had no VIP pass the following day and ten years later I still wake up at nights in cold sweats, crying on my wife's shoulder at the memories of the experience of being stuck in a 90,000 crowd, subjected to such pretentious, soulless garbage.

When they come on the radio at work, office colleagues actually stop what they're doing waiting for my explosive verbal and facial reactions when my ears prick up sufficiently to recognise what my senses are being unwillingly subjected to. (I'm totally serious about this bit!)

I hope the above recollections has you convinced that we are 'singing from the same hymn sheet' on this occasion and that you will not make the same assumptions again as to my musical taste.

Needless to say, I am totally appalled if this Wembley story is correct. I so wanted the Stones to be the first band to play at the new venue and all signs were that they would be. If theyre not it indicates that they're dragging their heels planning wise and this is an unforgivable oversight on their part because the owners of Wembley wanted a British act to open it and they indicated that they wanted the Stones. The publicity of the band playing the first show at the rebuilt version of the most famous stadium in the world would have been immense

For that pile of shit to play there before them is beyond painful

[Edited by Gazza]
September 19th, 2005 07:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
BON JOVI were the last band to play the old Wembley Stadium before it
was leveled... and BON JOVI will be the first band to play the new
Wembley Stadium.

3 June, 2006 - Glasgow @ Hampden Park
4 June, 2006 - Manchester @ Commonwealth Stadium
7 June, 2006 - Coventry @ Ricoh Arena
9 June, 2006 - Southampton, England @ St Mary's Stadium
11 June, 2006 - London, England @ Wembley Stadium
Ticket information to follow

thanks to Dirty work - Holland

For the record, there is no reason why the Stones could not play Wembley on the weekend of 3-4 June as to the best of my knowledge there is no football game scheduled at the stadium that weekend (The FA Cup final is May 13 and the Football league play off finals will probably be over the May bank holiday weekend (May 27-29) as usual).

Gossip for a while has been that the Stones will open the new stadium in June around the start of their European tour but that the bulk of their UK shows (including more Wembley dates) will be in August.

If the venue is free on that first weekend of June, theres nothing to stop any artist from booking it. It could be that B** J*** are just the first band to confirm a show there
September 19th, 2005 07:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Thats good Gazza- August for the UK gives me a few months extra to save up some travel money!! God, I'd love to come your way to see the Stones.( I'll skip Bon Jovi though- wouldn't even see him in the States. Sorry!!) Maybe all the stars will all align in a nice big tongue for me (or is it ducks in a row)and Europe trip including the Stones will happen!! HAHA
September 19th, 2005 07:33 PM
Soldatti Sad, I bet that the Stones won't play England until July 2006.
September 19th, 2005 08:43 PM
Gazza If they have any sense, they'll avoid the main "World Cup countries" as much as possible in the month that the tournament is on from June 10th onwards

As its held in Germany, you can bet that they wont play there until mid July at least. If youre talking late August, then availability of many football stadiums in the UK will be limited (the football season in Britain starts a few weeks before most others in Europe). That wouldnt be the case for Wembley however as its not used for club games and it should be easy enough to get Hampden Park, Glasgow or the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff at that time too for the same reason

For what its worth to anyone in Poland, apparently a Polish show is 99% confirmed for Slaski Stadium in Katowice/Chorzow for mid June.
September 20th, 2005 01:58 AM
marko For what its worth to anyone in Poland, apparently a Polish show is 99% confirmed for Slaski Stadium in Katowice/Chorzow for mid June.

Really?I think its time to see stones there+and go to
Auschwitz again.

Btw,best way to see stones in new wembley,is that they
CANCEL ALL UK shows,and come back in 2007.
They can tour in USA in between.With cheap ticket prices
over 400bucks.
September 20th, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza according to Bjornulf the Stones are playing two shows at Twickenham in August 2006

...which means seats on the pitch and silly ticket prices....

guess they put money over prestige.

Quel surprise!
September 20th, 2005 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
according to Bjornulf the Stones are playing two shows at Twickenham in August 2006

...which means seats on the pitch and silly ticket prices....

guess they put money over prestige.

Quel surprise!

Well Gazza, Queen really deserved to open their as they are the most beloved English band of all time. Will Twinkenham sell out 1 show?
September 20th, 2005 06:29 PM
Gazza "Queen" ??

I detect a slight problem in Queen being able to sell anything bigger than an arena these days, namely the absence of certain key personnel...

The Stones sold out two Twickenham shows last time as well as three arena shows in London. Cant imagine it being a problem.
September 20th, 2005 06:50 PM
Dan Runaway is an awesome song!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)