ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bill wyman and a bigger bang Return to archive
September 19th, 2005 03:54 PM
moy Monday, September 19, 2005
Ex Rolling Stones bassist not interested

Former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman may have a copy of the group's new album, A Bigger Bang, but don't be surprised if he hasn't listened to it yet. Wyman told us he hasn't paid much attention to the Stones' new releases after he left the band in 1991: [ click here to listen if you have a Backstage Pass] "I don't really listen to their music now, I must say, because it's something that is gone out of my life, really, y'know. I never did play the records anyway, much, because you kind of, you'd heard them all so many times by the time the records came out, you know, in the studio, the mixing and mastering and that."

Wyman currently lives in Sussex, England, with his wife and three young daughters.

Since retiring from the Stones, Wyman has formed another group, the Rhythm Kings, and has written books, including two about his days in the band and others about British archaeology and architecture.

The most recent Rhythm Kings album, Just For A Thrill, came out earlier this year.

The Rolling Stones resume their A Bigger Bang tour on Saturday (September 24th) in Columbus, Ohio.

The Rock Radio online

September 19th, 2005 04:26 PM
pdog No one listens to his albums too!
September 19th, 2005 04:44 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
moy wrote:
Wyman told us he hasn't paid much attention to the Stones' new releases after he left the band in 1991

Ya, right!
September 19th, 2005 04:56 PM
Lethargy I bet it bugs him that every album they've done since he left (voodoo, b2b, bang) is better than the previous three WITH him (undercover, dirty work, steel wheels).
September 19th, 2005 05:02 PM
Gazza Indeed, lethargy

What a bitter old prick.

NOW folks, can we stop hankering for the return of someone who left the band of his own free will and who clearly has no interest in the band's music since he did so?
September 19th, 2005 05:03 PM
scratched I bet he plays 'air bass' along to the new album.
September 19th, 2005 06:03 PM
texile i used to think wyman was underrated - but he's hard to defend;
not a very likable fellow is he?
September 19th, 2005 06:10 PM
MrPleasant I honestly want to check out Just For A Thrill (the latest from the Rhythm Kings), and not just for curiosity.

"Have you ever loved a man/Who treats you like a dog/This ain't United Nations/He don't use dialogue!".
September 19th, 2005 06:42 PM
the good
quote:
scratched wrote:
I bet he plays 'air bass' along to the new album.

LOL
September 19th, 2005 07:47 PM
Soldatti Bill must be pissed, Mick is his replacement now. Actually, Mick plays more bass on ABB than Bill on GHS or DW.
September 19th, 2005 10:49 PM
tomk Actually, his contribution is greatly missed,
especially on the last 3 studio records.
If you can't figure that out, there's something
wrong with you. I think his playing certainly could have
made those records more focused, more stronger.
Regarding DW, compare Fight (which I like), where the bass
is all over the place, and the title track where his playing
is smooth and perfect.
September 19th, 2005 11:14 PM
Soldatti Ronnie plays bass on Fight.

Agree with all the other Tonk, the Bill touch was always there but he won't be back.
September 20th, 2005 12:05 AM
tomk Hindsight being what it is, I think Daryl was a terrible choice. I think Joey Spaminato from NRBQ would have been
a better choice, and I don't say that just because he was
in the HHR&R film. Just because you played with Sting
and Miles Davis doesn't make you the bee's knees.
NRBQ were a great band. Besides, anyone that marries Skeeter Davis can't be all bad. Did Joey actually audition?
Maybe he blew it.
September 20th, 2005 12:33 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I bet it bugs him that every album they've done since he left (voodoo, b2b, bang) is better than the previous three WITH him (undercover, dirty work, steel wheels).

i like Steel Wheels much better than ABB. but Bill's hardly even on that album. I've actually been waiting to hear what Bill says about the new album. no doubt he'd knock it down a peg
September 20th, 2005 07:21 AM
corgi37 As if Wyman was bored of the songs, especially after mixing and mastering.

As if Keith or Mick would even have him around when that was going on.

He always acts non chalant, but i bet he drools and giggles every time he gets a royalty cheque.

As would i.
September 20th, 2005 07:57 AM
Maxlugar [quote]tomk wrote:
Actually, his contribution is greatly missed,
especially on the last 3 studio records.
If you can't figure that out, there's something
wrong with you.

Word. Especially live.

September 20th, 2005 08:08 AM
scratched
quote:
moy wrote:
it's something that is gone out of my life, really, y'know.

Eh? Then stop writing books about the Stones and stop playing their songs on the road (e.g. Melody).

Bill, accept it, the Stones will never be gone out of your life.
September 20th, 2005 08:45 AM
keith_tif Wyman is finished since a long time: Looking for iron, cooking awful food in his Sticky Fingers, voting for the England conservative party, he was ok for Irak war, who listen his band's music? ...But he continues to write Stones' books, it's easier to sell them than he wrotes a book about another subject!

When i watch Wyman, i understand how it's difficult to get older!It's very sad to become a rubbish!

Since he left the band; he missed nobody and i prefer Darryl!
September 20th, 2005 09:07 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
moy wrote:
[...] "I don't really listen to their music now, I must say, because it's something that is gone out of my life, really, y'know. I never did play the records anyway, much, because you kind of, you'd heard them all so many times by the time the records came out, you know, in the studio, the mixing and mastering and that."
[...]

If that was something indeed gone out of his life, he wouldn't bother writing books about them.

But in some way, I trully miss Perks!
September 20th, 2005 10:16 AM
glencar
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
Wyman is finished since a long time: Looking for iron, cooking awful food in his Sticky Fingers, voting for the England conservative party, he was ok for Irak war, who listen his band's music? ...But he continues to write Stones' books, it's easier to sell them than he wrotes a book about another subject!

When i watch Wyman, i understand how it's difficult to get older!It's very sad to become a rubbish!

Since he left the band; he missed nobody and i prefer Darryl!

I'm sure you're aware that Daryl also supports the Iraq war & also votes Republican? Does that change your view?
September 20th, 2005 11:21 AM
Jumacfly Bill's elastic bass is highly missed here...He was unique, whereas you can find millions of Darryl Jones in the world....
and the bass sound is not very imaginative on ABB.
But that's life, Bill has left, and he won t come back..
September 20th, 2005 01:01 PM
keith_tif
quote:
glencar wrote:

I'm sure you're aware that Daryl also supports the Iraq war & also votes Republican? Does that change your view?

For me Daryl is more rock and roll than Bill.To vote Republican and support the Irak war aren't rock and roll behaviour!

It's my opinion maybe cause i'm french...
September 20th, 2005 01:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keith_tif wrote:
To vote Republican and support the Irak war aren't rock and roll behaviour!

What's the alternative...vote the Democrats? Most Democrats in congress support the Iraq war anyway.
September 20th, 2005 01:22 PM
Jumping Jack Has Mick Taylor heard the new album?
September 20th, 2005 01:26 PM
hotlicks Maybe bill is a bit of a prick but his band the rhythm kings are well worth catching live.....great show.
September 20th, 2005 01:56 PM
eXiLe oN 2nD sT who cares about that statue when the boys r rollin on, he like 70 now!
September 20th, 2005 02:09 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:

I'm sure you're aware that Daryl also supports the Iraq war & also votes Republican?

You mean Darryl Worley?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)