ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: next single from a bigger bang Return to archive
September 18th, 2005 12:52 PM
hotlicks After the mixed success of the last single- streets of love and rough justice- no 1 in spain,top 5 in holland and italy....disaster in uk and usa...did it even chart in the usa ????. i would pick onnya backed by biggest mistake....would it do any better??
[Edited by hotlicks]
September 18th, 2005 02:04 PM
Soldatti
quote:
hotlicks wrote:
After the mixed success of the last single- streets of love and rough justice- no 1 in spain,top 5 in holland and italy....disaster in uk and usa...did it even chart in the usa ????. i would pick onnya backed by biggest mistake....would it do any better??
[Edited by hotlicks]

Disaster in UK?
A Top 15 single is a disaster?

Give me a break.
September 18th, 2005 02:16 PM
hotlicks Sorry Soldatti but one week at no 15 is not good.....about 5000 sales....pathetic !
even worse bigger bang has slipped to no 13 in the uk album chart.....next week bargin bin!!!

[Edited by hotlicks]
September 18th, 2005 02:27 PM
stewed & Keefed I think I read somewhere that Rain Fall Down is going to be the next single.
September 18th, 2005 02:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
hotlicks wrote:
Sorry Soldatti but one week at no 15 is not good.....about 5000 sales....pathetic !
even worse bigger bang has slipped to no 13 in the uk album chart.....next week bargin bin!!!

[Edited by hotlicks]

The single sold 10,600 copies the first week and is still at #71 after 4 weeks in the Top 75 (15-37-56-71). I guess that sold close to 20,000 by now, a GREAT number for a Stones single in Uk. Did you see the last Macca single? 20-50-OUT

And for Bigger Bang it's a typical sales slide after so high debut, B2B only reached 6 and falled at 12 the next week. Macca's album barely reached 10 this week while ABB lost the #1 for 11 damn copies. I didn't count the 4 new entries before of ABB this week.
September 18th, 2005 03:01 PM
hotlicks 11 damn copies.......if i knew that i would have bought 12 copies just to see the stones beat the blunt fucker !!
September 18th, 2005 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
I think I read somewhere that Rain Fall Down is going to be the next single.

it will be

I actually heard the song on the radio on Friday, which is one time more than I heard Streets of Love
September 18th, 2005 05:29 PM
keith_tif Right, for me too Rain fall down is the best song with Sweet neo con!
What a mistake to choose Streets of love as first single!!
September 18th, 2005 06:48 PM
gotdablouse Good news, best groove song since Miss You, even if not very Stonesy.
September 18th, 2005 07:24 PM
scratched The thing is, I think number 15 in the UK charts is actually quite a good position for the Stones. I don't wanna be a snob but look at the rest of the top 20 (basically a load of shit). Having the Rolling Stones in the midst of that lot is quite an achievement for 'discerning' music fans.

I mean, who takes the charts that seriously? What we're left with at the end of the day is the music itself, which in people's minds will outlast any transient chart position.

By the way, I hate that James Blunt's music with a passion, but will I even remember it in a couple of months?

Hopefully not.
September 18th, 2005 10:17 PM
texile it should be onnya - but it won't....
rain fell down sounds too much like that uk hit a few years ago - can't remember the name......
September 18th, 2005 10:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
scratched wrote:
The thing is, I think number 15 in the UK charts is actually quite a good position for the Stones. I don't wanna be a snob but look at the rest of the top 20 (basically a load of shit). Having the Rolling Stones in the midst of that lot is quite an achievement for 'discerning' music fans.

I mean, who takes the charts that seriously? What we're left with at the end of the day is the music itself, which in people's minds will outlast any transient chart position.

Totally agreed.
Seriously: who can think that a "Pussycat Dolls" album is more important and good than a new Paul McCartney or Rolling Stones album? Well, just look at the UK albums charts and you can see the current music taste of the people, the same goes to US and almost every country.
September 18th, 2005 10:41 PM
texile dont cha...
i don't buy that argument - because frankly, the pussycat song is a great, funky little song - i fucking love it! i also love the black-eyed peas song.....
i like alot of top forty shit because top forty shit will always be what it is - CURRENT and fresh whether you like it or not........you can bitch all you want about the stones not fitting into a top forty format because top forty sucks - but that's a copout - because miss you was a MONSTER hit back in the day......its the stones TODay that aren't current...but i don't give a shit - to me the stones are the stones and who cares.....just embrace the fact that stones are never have another miss you and fuck it.
September 18th, 2005 10:46 PM
Bloozehound Is there a cd single out for SOL or rough justice, if so what are the b-sides ?

I looked for the cd singles in a music store couple days ago and nada
September 18th, 2005 10:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Is there a cd single out for SOL or rough justice, if so what are the b-sides ?

The UK single was relased on Aug. 22 but with only two songs: SOL/RJ. No b-sides.
September 19th, 2005 06:52 AM
egon NEXT single?

i'm still waiting for the 1st one to arrive.
(with or without video)
September 19th, 2005 12:16 PM
stonesmik I have seen a "Streets of love" single on Amazon.de which contains "Streets of love", "Rough justice" and an edit of "Streets of love".

Who needs that!
September 19th, 2005 11:28 PM
Bitch From the 3 shows I've seen so far, and the pre and post parties in BOSTON, NY & NJ, THE most well recieved new song is OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN. It's a crowd pleaser, and it's a good song for the ex's, maybe thats why its so popular, so many ex-es fvckin up our lives
September 20th, 2005 02:34 AM
stonedinaustralia agreed, ONNYA would sound great blasting out of the car radio

pity the expletive not-deleted lyrics would prove a problem
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)