ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimi... 35 years gone! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 19th, 2005 06:14 PM
icydanger
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Hendrix couldnt hold a candle to Wood!! If Hendrix was alive today he'd be lucky to get a job working as Woody's roadie!!

whenever I see Woody playing "Little Wing" its quite obvious by the cheshire cat grin that he has that he thinks that Hendrix tunes are just the easiest stuff to play. Laughable even.

Hendrix could never cover a Woody tune like I Can Feel The Fire. Its just light years beyond him.

bong2

Whatever, he left an impact on generations, and gave pride to blacks.
My love for jimi is irrational: the way he sings the blues, the echo in his voice,
His compositions…. Fantastic. I am a fan
The way he uses the wawa, his precision, other guitarists are great too Vaughan Clapton Gallagher Beck Segovia Wood Taylor …Harper……..list goes on
Greater I don’t care, Jimi was a great compositor and planned on directing an orchestra, switching some day to classical, or film music,I read that from different biographies way back, so had he lived longer none knows….
Unhealthy control of basics, food, sleep meds nerves paranoia bring low self-esteem etc….
The infernal spiral of show biz too.
He was 28 only.
Look at his fingers and the width he covers, and how supple his wrist was. None knows, he may have improved, had he not been caught in that infernal spiral, similar to Brian's.

September 19th, 2005 06:17 PM
Nellcote Sway, I'm attempting to follow your path, seriously.
Please stay with the thread.
Earlier posts of yours compared, and trumpeted the playing prowess of The Black Crowes to Jimi Hendrix
An opinion was rendered the Crowes might even be better.
I'll ask it again, what would make you think that Jimi Hendrix would be listening to the Crowes if he was alive?
Some cogent points would bolster your argument...
If you can't supply answers, possibly others can?
[Edited by Nellcote]
September 19th, 2005 06:25 PM
Saint Sway I'll say it again Nellcote. Bang sounds like a lame INXS record.**

do you hang out with any Heads? People who get high dont listen to that polished Bon Jovi/INXS crap.

they listen to cool shit like Amorica.

I'm not saying that thats what Hendrix would definately be listening to, but given the choice between Amorica or Bang, I think the choice is obvious.

-----------------
** edited to remove comments that were in poor taste and offended Nellcote's lifestyle choices.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 19th, 2005 08:31 PM
Brainbell Jangler Don't bring the bhang ("bong") into this. Smoking dope don't make ya stoopid if ya ain't stoopid already. This cat Sway is on Seconal.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."--Bertrand Russell

"Heh heh-heh heh-heh-heh. He said 'cock.'"--Beavis
September 20th, 2005 05:41 PM
Nellcote BTW Sway, so long as you are posting, you have managed to offend Gay people everywhere with your callous statements.
Now, could you possibly provide evidence that
Rich "Rib" Robinson is a better guitar player than Jimi Hendrix, that does not include you making a reference to either he or Jimi Hendrix?
Or is this another cut and run foray?

September 20th, 2005 05:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
BTW Sway, so long as you are posting, you have managed to offend Gay people everywhere with your callous statements.

sorry bro, I didnt mean to offend you or anyone else. I didnt mean it in a "gay" as in homosexual way. I just meant gay as in a Maroon 5 poppy kinda sound. Thats all.

I'll edit my earlier post.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)