ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mrs. Macca on warpath (NSC) Return to archive
September 17th, 2005 05:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Jennifer Lopez Office Brawl: Heather Mills Loses Prosthetic

By Jill Atkins
Sep 15, 2005

The wife of Paul McCartney, Heather Mills McCartney, went on the attack against Jennifer Lopez in Mills' animal rights campaign. On Wednesday Heather stormed the offices of Sweetface, J.Lo's fur-trimmed clothing line to confront J Lo.

Lopez reportedly was not at the office.

But a confrontation between Mills and her group and security officers quickly deteriorated into a quasi-brawl between Mills' entourage and the guards in the building.

Female First UK reports the scene turned ugly with shouts from guards demanding the group leave the building. "You have no authority to be here. Get out! Leave the floor immediately!" the guards shouted.

Heather Mills McCartney's leg was detached at some point during the struggle.

Report:

She bent down and clutched her knee in pain, before asking to use a bathroom so she could reattach the leg. Guards refused and she was forced to cling onto a photographer as she carried out the humiliating task on a stairwell.

Photographer Richard Corkery tells 25hoursonline.com, "I saw her touch her knee and I could see she was in pain. She limped to the ladies room but it was locked. I found another door open - it lead(s) on to the stairwell. At least she could have a private moment - which is what she needed."

According to 25hoursonline.com, Lopez's guards continued to verbally attack the group - screaming "Call the cops! Call the cops!!" - until Mills McCartney recovered her composure and was able to leave the building.

MILLS McCARTNEY ATTACKS VOGUE EDITOR

PAUL McCARTNEY's wife HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY has accused the editor of prestigious fashion publication Vogue of manipulating readers into buying fur.

The animal rights activist, who has publicly attacked JENNIFER LOPEZ and SEAN 'DIDDY' COMBS for wearing fur, has now turned her attentions to ANNA WINTOUR, who she now dubs 'Cruella DeWintour'.

She rants, "She should be the morph image of 101 DALMATIANS. She's the head at Vogue, and if you look at Vogue, there's only three or four articles, and the whole thing is a manipulation of the consumer and reader to buy fur.

"Every single article, every designer does fur 'cause she'll say, 'I'll put you in the magazine if you put some fur items in it.'"

17/09/2005 18:24

September 17th, 2005 05:22 AM
Jumping Jack http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/12668203.htm

Sir Paul kicks off world tour in Miami

BY HOWARD COHEN

[email protected]

Paul McCartney's opens his Us Tour at Miami's AmericanAirlines Arena. With oldies galore, a splendid time was guaranteed for all.

In concert Friday night at Miami's sold-out AmericanAirlines Arena on the opening night of a trek he simply dubs the Us Tour (``It's all about us, we're all in this together''), it was classic Paul McCartney fans came to hear and classic Paul McCartney is what they got -- all the way back to the earliest Beatles songs and before.

That meant a lot of good day sunshine songs, heaping doses of silly love songs and plenty of she loves you yeah, yeah, YEAH!.

The man dug out a pre-Beatles song -- the 1958 Quarrymen tune In Spite of All the Danger -- for heaven's sake!

Quite the contrast from McCartney's critically-hailed new CD, Chaos and Creation in the Backyard, which came out this week and contains some of his most somber reflections to date. For a man known for, and criticized for, optimistic pop much of the CD has come as a surprise -- and perhaps accounts for the overboard praise it has received.

He performed a smattering of tunes from the disc to, at best, polite reaction. The CD's opening Fine Line, with Paul on piano, proved to be fan's cue to head to the bathroom, window. Acclaimed, though it may be by besotted critics, most of this new music will probably be forgotten by the time his next mega tour rolls around, although the sweet acoustic numbers Jenny Wren and English Tea proved appealing. This was a night when one-quarter of the Beatles, the Cute One, came to reclaim his legend as one of pop music's most popular composers. A point he needn't have made with a self-aggrandizing 10-minute pre-concert videoclip of his history. We paid $250 bucks a pop to see you, Paul, we know you're important.

It wasn't always McCartney's modus operandi, of course. At one point in the '70s McCartney was so gung-ho on establishing an identity post-Fab Four he buried himself in his band Wings and eschewed Beatles material in concert. It wasn't until his successful Wings Over America Tour in 1976 that McCartney finally gave in and folded some Beatles tunes into the mix -- and even then he avoided the most popular anthems he ladled freely Friday: the opening Magical Mystery Tour, a snippet of the Ringo-popularized Yellow Submarine, Penny Lane et al.

Now, it could be argued, he's gone full-tilt crazy on the stuff, stockpiling his show with one Beatles number after another, ignoring most of his solo material at its expense.

Granted, most fans came to hear stuff like Back in the USSR. Not Back to the Egg.

The gimmick, as on his previous tours in 1990 and 2002 was in dusting off favorites he has never performed live and, given that the Beatles retired from touring in 1966, this left plenty of material to unearth. Stuff like I'll Follow the Sun, The Music Man's 'Til There Was You, the late-period Beatles I've Got a Feeling. So much so he could still be out there on the Miami stage playing by the time you read this and someone out there may still gripe, ''Where the hell's Helen Wheels?'' (At 42, weaned on Wings, count me as one.)

No prob, mate. We got Wings' Band on the Run, which brought fans to their feet even more than for some of the Beatles hits, and a punchy Too Many People, which McCartney misidentified as a Wings song. (The 1971 record was credited to Paul and late wife Linda McCartney.) Wings' Jet was done with an arrangement just the way you remember it 31 years ago. McCartney is not big on reinvention.

This, naturally, seemed fine for most fans gone giddy in Paul's presence.

''I'm a big Beatles fan for life,'' said Fort Lauderdale fan Russell Rand, 55, who has a hand-painted, 25-year-old classic of his own: a multi-colored, satin Sgt Pepper coat he was hoping Sir Paul would wear.

It would make up for Rand's big mistake. ``As a kid, 40 years ago, I could have seen the Beatles in Hartford, but I thought they were a girl's band. I learned better.''

McCartney's new band is for everyone. Fine musicians, the four-piece, including drummer Abe Laboriel, keyboardist Paul ''Wix'' Wickens and guitarist Rusty Anderson, lent muscle to AM radio hits like Maybe I'm Amazed and Let Me Roll It. McCartney, ever the professional, started this tour off with numbers tailored not to tax his voice, saving rockers like Got to Get You Into My Life for later in the set. The staging was simple and the off-the-cuff flavor was endearing. McCartney flubbed the lyrics to the 1968 Beatles tune, Blackbird, and quipped, ``How long have I been singing this? At least you know it's not on tape!''

Will you still need him, will you still feed him at 64, as he asked in song all those years ago? He's nine months short of that milestone and judging by the quicksilver sales of those $252 concert tickets and $37 concert T-shirts and $11 Corona beers, plus the genuine good time he delivers on stage, it's safe to assume we'll be feeding and needing this man even when he's 84.
September 17th, 2005 05:41 AM
Jumping Jack Pre-show (Freelance Hellraiser)
Film of Paul's entire life, childhood right thru the latest Super Bowl performance, about 15 minutes long.

Magical Myster Tour
Flaming Pie
Jet
I'll Get You
Drive My Car
Let Me Roll It
Got to Get You In My Life
Fine Line
Maybe I'm Amazed
Long and Winding Road

Acoustic:
In Spite of All The Danger
I Will
Jenny Wren

Piano:
For No One
Fixing A Hole
English Tea (band comes back)
Yellow Submarine (short version)
I'll Follow The Sun (with reprise)
Follow Me
Classical tune he and George used to do together
Blackbird
Eleanor Rigby

Too Many People
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Good Day Sunshine
Band on the Run
Penny Lane
I've Got A Feeling
Back in the USSR
Hey Jude
Live and Let Die

Encore 1
Yesterday
Get Back
Helter Skelter

Encore 2
Please Please Me
Let it Be
Sgt. Pepper
September 17th, 2005 09:15 AM
lotsajizz we're on top of the food chain (most of the time)...she should get over it
September 17th, 2005 09:22 AM
exile You'd think with all of Paul McCartney's money he could have gotten a girl with two legs.

Look it might be tasteless but its a joke ok!

[Edited by exile]
September 17th, 2005 09:41 AM
Nellcote Oh Christ!
We got Macca in Miami
We got the Goldiggah wife in NYC attempting to beat up JLO
She'd bettah leave the states now, as JLO will send the posse out for her.
Knight Macca must love her forwardness..
I'll give you a caution, the two of them are destined for a Larry King hour this fall...the last one Macca could not keep Stumpy quiet...
September 18th, 2005 05:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels J.LO'S MINK EYELASHES OUTRAGE McCARTNEY

HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY's campaign against JENNIFER LOPEZ took another step up when she discovered the diva wears fake eyelashes made from mink.

Animal rights campaigner Mills McCartney is disgusted by revelations that Lopez sports a pair of false eyelashes made from real mink in her the video for new song HOLD YOU DOWN.

The wife of SIR PAUL McCARTNEY, who works closely with People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), is heavily embroiled in a high-profile hate campaign against J.Lo, and recently threatened to stalk her unless she stops wearing fur.

The anger between the pair reached boiling point last Tuesday (13SEP05) when Mills McCartney lost her prosthetic leg in a scuffle outside the New York offices of J.Lo's clothing company SWEETFACE.

A source says, "Heather was absolutely astonished when she found out about J.Lo.

"She was utterly outraged - and could not believe she is allowed to get away with it. J.Lo may be allowed to wear the eyelashes but it left Heather so angry she was determined to target her, whatever the consequences."

18/09/2005 21:00

September 18th, 2005 05:22 PM
nankerphelge Sounds like she was hopping mad!!!
September 18th, 2005 05:23 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

"She was utterly outraged - and could not believe she is allowed to get away with it. J.Lo may be allowed to wear the eyelashes but it left Heather so angry she was determined to target her, whatever the consequences."

J. Lo's fartbox is like mink pillow!

September 19th, 2005 01:50 AM
Bloozehound before they raided JLos boutique ya think Mrs Macca told her troups at the huddle to get in there and "break a leg"
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)