ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is "Dangerous Beauty" The Worst Stones Song Ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 16th, 2005 08:07 PM
Rizollin Political, overtly political, what's the diff? I want my music to be about beautiful fuck ups and recoveries, to quote Kieth, not the Republican party. It's a great song for what it is, but it's genre ain't my bag baby...on a side note, it's 5pm and I haven't had a drink yet, or listened to ABB yet, what gives? And where's the old lady? Fuck.
September 16th, 2005 08:43 PM
poor immigrant worst song on ABB = sweet neocon

worst stones song = back to zero
September 16th, 2005 08:47 PM
full moon MotherFucker, it is a great song and album. Wake the fuck up and stop with the cliches about The Stones being washed up..........
September 17th, 2005 12:17 AM
Lethargy
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
"Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really bad song. Possibly the weakest song on perhaps the weakest album the Stones have ever released. Does that make it the worst Stones song ever?

Is anyone else out there addicted to Ambien?

Dangerous Beauty does indeed suck major ass. But it's only the second worst on the album. The honor of worst on the album goes to...

Look What The Cat Dragged In

Luckily, skipping these two pieces of crap is easy, and so we can get to the great stuff: Rough Justice, Let Me Down Slow, Won't Take Long, Back Of My Hand, Oh No Not You Again, Laugh I Nearly Died, and This Place Is Empty.
September 17th, 2005 12:59 AM
time is on my side
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
"Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really bad song. Possibly the weakest song on perhaps the weakest album the Stones have ever released. Does that make it the worst Stones song ever?

"Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really good song. Another strong track on perhaps the strongest album the Stones have released since TATTOO YOU. It's the kind of song that continues to grow on you.

Are YOU addicted to Ambien or do you simply enjoy starting threads like these to see what kind of responses, reaction you will receive. What's with the troll schtick??? It is a schtick isn't it???? You know with the alphabetical soup of a name and all the recent attack threads.

September 17th, 2005 02:00 AM
marko Ex song.
Btw.Trolls are from Norway.
September 17th, 2005 02:48 AM
Zulu Fun Mix Anyone who fails to realize "Dangerous Beauty" is one of the best 2-3 songs on the CD--probably THE best--doesn't understand the Rolling Stones.
September 17th, 2005 02:54 AM
Brainbell Jangler That may be true, zulu. But one thing I'm absolutely sure of: Anyone who doesn't think "Anyway You Look At It" is the worst Stones song ever hasn't ever heard "Anyway You Look At It."
September 17th, 2005 05:23 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Dangerous Beauty does indeed suck major ass. But it's only the second worst on the album. The honor of worst on the album goes to...

Look What The Cat Dragged In

Dangerous Beauty, The Cat and Laugh: best songs of the album. Classic Stones songs.
September 17th, 2005 07:53 AM
IanBillen *Killer Track.

Dangerous Beauty is just that....a Beauty of a song with that Stones Danger type sound.

One of my fav's there is no doubt.

That song fu%#*in song Jams it to you in your face.
Just like only the Stones can. And the lyrics are as Stonesy as you can get. He could be talkin about an S & M Chic or that lady (forget her name right now) who got in trouble with those Iraq prisoners. You choice is yours. Typical great Stones read between the line lyrics stuff.

How on earth can someone not give it it's props shows bad taste. I don't even know how eles to put it. If you are not satisfied with that you might as well pack it up right now.

It doesn't get any better than that my brother.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 17th, 2005 07:57 AM
egon the only song that sucks big hairy balls is biggest mistake.
it belongs on a mick jagger album, cos there it can suck
with the rest of them.

dangerous beauty is a fantastic song.
in fact this weekend & the whole of next week
it shall be the best song on the album.
September 17th, 2005 08:47 AM
72Tele Don't Stop is by far the worst Stones song of all time. Sounds like Bon Jovi trying to "gay it up".
September 17th, 2005 11:59 AM
Lethargy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
*Killer Track.

Dangerous Beauty is just that....a Beauty of a song with that Stones Danger type sound.

[Edited by IanBillen]

LOL! Dangerous type guitar sound? You mean the simple two chord riff, repeated over and over like in the typical INXS song?

BITCH has a dangerous guitar sound,
Undercover has a dangerous guitar sound,
Shattered has a dangerous guitar sound (for it's time at least),
Rough Justice has a dangerous guitar sound.

Dangerous Beauty has a wimpy, Bryan-Adams-INXS-ish cliched guitar sound, like the other filler material on this album.
September 17th, 2005 12:18 PM
Scottfree
quote:
poor immigrant wrote:
worst song on ABB = sweet neocon

worst stones song = back to zero

I concur
September 17th, 2005 12:55 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

I concur

Back To Zero is close, but I think several songs on Satanic Majesties Request are worst than Back To Zero, like In Another Land for example.
September 17th, 2005 01:01 PM
Zulu Fun Mix It's fair to say that the two-chord repetition does limit the song. One way to have developed it futher would have been to weave a second (Waddy Wachtel?) guitar solo into the mix right after Keith's solo. Another would have been to wind up with a saxophone solo. Such moves would have added texture and depth. But in the context of THIS album, where the virtuoisic guitar work is generally missing and there is no saxophone, "Dangerous Beauty" is clearly one of the best 2-3 songs.
September 17th, 2005 01:21 PM
IanBillen [quote]Lethargy wrote:

LOL! Dangerous type guitar sound? You mean the simple two chord riff, repeated over and over like in the typical INXS song?

Dangerous Beauty has a wimpy, Bryan-Adams-INXS-ish cliched guitar sound, like the other filler material on this album.

When I said "danger" I was reffering more to Mick's vocals on that track. Very bold and menacing. Something he hasn't done in a while in that type of tone.

Just because a song has simple or short chord progressions means nothing. Take for instance Start Me Up. How complex and abundant are the chords in that song? Very minimal.
The same holds true with Dangerous Beauty. It isn't how complex the chord arrangments are in a song that will make it. It is how catchy, and how these chords sound and if they relate to the rest of the band and singer in capturing the vibe required. Dangerous Beauty does exactly that.

Ian
September 17th, 2005 01:54 PM
texile great song - it should be the next single....
this and onnya are my favorites;
when was the last time jagger wrote about anything other than his cock? we should praise it for that reason alone - its a classic.
September 17th, 2005 01:56 PM
Lethargy
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Lethargy wrote:

When I said "danger" I was reffering more to Mick's vocals on that track. Very bold and menacing. Something he hasn't done in a while in that type of tone.

Well we can at least agree on the high quality of Mick's vocal performance, on this song and throughout the album. This man is still on top of his came, vocally, both in the studio and live. Don't know how he does it.
September 17th, 2005 01:58 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Well we can at least agree on the high quality of Mick's vocal performance, on this song and throughout the album. This man is still on top of his came, vocally, both in the studio and live. Don't know how he does it.

I meant, Mick is on top of his GAME. Jeez, I can't type. And no, Sway, it's not b/c I started drinking again LOL.
September 17th, 2005 11:21 PM
duck The song that will live on.
September 18th, 2005 06:13 AM
hotlicks the strange thing about this album for me is the songs i hated at the start-streets of love for example i now love to bits.......i know....... i'll keep taking the tablets!!!!
[Edited by hotlicks]
September 18th, 2005 07:31 AM
IzzyStradlin
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

You must be crazy fucking mad.

Dangerous Beauty is one of the best or maybe the best song on the album. It has all elements a good Stones song should have. You really have a poor taste.
[Edited by blackandblue]

Color me "fucking mad" too - I think the song sucks.
September 18th, 2005 08:57 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]Lethargy wrote:

Gunface
September 18th, 2005 11:18 AM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

No way. BTB is the worst Stones album ever. What's wrong with you?
September 18th, 2005 01:35 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:

No way. BTB is the worst Stones album ever. What's wrong with you?

So Satanic Majesties Request and Dirty Work are better than Bridges to Babylon? Surprising. To each his own I guess.

I think B2B is the best post-Tattoo You album, and yes that includes Bigger Bang.
September 19th, 2005 04:32 AM
blackandblue
quote:
IzzyStradlin wrote:

Color me "fucking mad" too - I think the song sucks.

I will!
September 19th, 2005 11:20 AM
Saint Sway the song reminds me of a watered down version of "Gunface"

I really liked Gunface and had wished that they had played it on BTB tour. This song doesnt really do it for me as much. But I hope they take it for a spin on this tour.

and as far as worst songs on Bang go..... LWTHCDI and Rain Fall Down are way far ahead of DB on the list.
[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 19th, 2005 01:56 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the song reminds me of a watered down version of "Gunface"

I really liked Gunface and had wished that they had played it on BTB tour. This song doesnt really do it for me as much. But I hope they take it for a spin on this tour.

and as far as worst songs on Bang go..... LWTHCDI and Rain Fall Down are way far ahead of DB on the list.
[Edited by Saint Sway]

I love GUNFACE! Everything about it - the guitar sound, a slightly hipper sound than usual stones fare, the nasty angry lyrics. Great stuff.
September 19th, 2005 02:21 PM
lotsajizz a lot of lyric similarity between Gunface and Midnight Rambler...both are sung by Mick as nasty motherfucker
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)