ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Please back to reherase Sway and play it live
Rehearsing in Toronto
© 2005 Frank Micelotta with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is "Dangerous Beauty" The Worst Stones Song Ever? Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 16th, 2005 03:17 PM
jcdesq "Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really bad song. Possibly the weakest song on perhaps the weakest album the Stones have ever released. Does that make it the worst Stones song ever?

Is anyone else out there addicted to Ambien?
September 16th, 2005 03:18 PM
Rizollin Are you schizophrenic? What the fuck is wrong with you?
September 16th, 2005 03:19 PM
pdog This is your worst post ever!
Keep trying, I know you suck harder than this!
September 16th, 2005 03:20 PM
gimmekeef I like it.....the song and album....For bad songs crank up Indian Girl...but then some people like that one and I say..thats their choice enjoy it...
September 16th, 2005 03:27 PM
Soldatti Great song, I love it.
September 16th, 2005 03:28 PM
blackandblue
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
"Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really bad song. Possibly the weakest song on perhaps the weakest album the Stones have ever released. Does that make it the worst Stones song ever?

You must be crazy fucking mad.

Dangerous Beauty is one of the best or maybe the best song on the album. It has all elements a good Stones song should have. You really have a poor taste.
[Edited by blackandblue]
September 16th, 2005 03:32 PM
Tom
quote:
pdog wrote:
This is your worst post ever!
Keep trying, I know you suck harder than this!

It's hard to say which is the worst they all are so close
September 16th, 2005 03:32 PM
The Wick No, SOL is.
September 16th, 2005 03:33 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Tom wrote:

It's hard to say which is the worst they all are so close

Maybe you should move to a Macca board.
September 16th, 2005 03:35 PM
Tom
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Maybe you should move to a Macca board.

Who?
September 16th, 2005 03:38 PM
Jair
quote:
jcdesq wrote:

No to Ambien, but I can send you my list...Maybe we can trade experiences and drugs. What do you think?
September 16th, 2005 03:40 PM
lucasd4 This post proves that you can like Stones music and still have shitty taste...or it proves that you're a troll...

quote:
jcdesq wrote:
"Dangerous Beauty" is a really, really bad song. Possibly the weakest song on perhaps the weakest album the Stones have ever released. Does that make it the worst Stones song ever?

September 16th, 2005 03:53 PM
Jair
quote:
lucasd4 wrote:
This post proves that you can like Stones music and still have shitty taste...or it proves that you're a troll...

WHAT THA HECK IS A TROLL???
Are you meanining a "MALA"?

September 16th, 2005 04:02 PM
Mr Jimmy thread: I need a needle
needle: I need a thread

I love this place!
September 16th, 2005 04:04 PM
BILL PERKS it should be a b stage staple
September 16th, 2005 04:10 PM
texile actually - people who would dangerous beauty - probably hate indian girl for the same reasons......

they both require context and thought.
September 16th, 2005 04:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
it should be a b stage staple

correct. Its a fucking gem

A Stones song with a great, nasty riff and biting, humourous lyrics

what is there not to like
September 16th, 2005 05:20 PM
Sleepy London Clown jcdesq..... Have you ever heard Back To Zero?
September 16th, 2005 05:22 PM
White House Lawn This thread is a bust!
September 16th, 2005 05:41 PM
nankerphelge WTF?

I mean really, is this guy for real or just yanking chains?

A song that starts with a blistering Keith-drivin funk rhythym
Charlie steady at the helm
Mick sounding like vintage Jagger like for the first time since.....

Well?
When??

Undercover I would say
There is that growlin' sound comin' out him!
Pain of Love style!

Keepin' ev-ray-won-na-awayka hnniiiiieeeeet

Then, from the powers that be - the Stonesian gods unleash a short but sweet Keith blues solo that should have lasted a hell of a lot longer.

To my ears, Dangerous Beauty and Laugh back-to-back is about as good of a 1-2 dose of the boys that I have heard in quite some time.

What the hell do I know tho?

gimmekeith is dead on -- you want bad Stones -- dig into some Indian Girl -- jesus that song was a vinyl sex change when it came out!
September 16th, 2005 05:44 PM
dkmonroe Am I the only one (except for the guy on another board who pointed it out to me) who realizes that "Dangerous Beauty" is about Abu Grahib? And therefore (IMO) a better, more pointed political commentary than "Sweet Neocon"?
[Edited by dkmonroe]
September 16th, 2005 05:49 PM
Sleepy London Clown
quote:
dkmonroe wrote:
Am I the only one (except for the guy on another board who pointed it out to me) who realizes that "Dangerous Beauty" is about Abu Grahib? And therefore (IMO) a better, more pointed political commentary than "Sweet Neocon"?
[Edited by dkmonroe]

No.
September 16th, 2005 05:51 PM
Brainbell Jangler "Dangerous Beauty" is great. "Indian Girl" ain't so bad. The worst Stones song ever recorded, without exception, is "Anyway You Look At It."
September 16th, 2005 05:57 PM
lotsajizz troll
September 16th, 2005 05:58 PM
nankerphelge Blinded By Love is pretty damn bad too!
September 16th, 2005 06:57 PM
MrPleasant I was missing this board.
September 16th, 2005 07:10 PM
Rizollin DB is a good tune, and the lyrics aren't bad, but I can't get into overtly political songs. Street Fighting Man was more of an outsider's alienated view of the situation of the time. I can relate to that. At first I thought DB was about some sado-masochistic bitch, I wouldn't mind relating to that. But I often skip or only listen to a bit of the whole Dangerous Sweet Neocon Beauty section. Too bad Laugh I Nearly Died is right in the middle of those two.

[Edited by Rizollin]
September 16th, 2005 07:36 PM
Gazza Oh please.

the fact that despite all the pre-release hype about Sweet neoCon everyone missed what this song was about until long afterwards proves that its too tongue-in-cheek and funny to be remotely described as "overtly political"
September 16th, 2005 07:43 PM
gotdablouse Can we get rid of that idiot troll sooner rather than later ?
September 16th, 2005 08:03 PM
Daethgod are you a freaking tool ?

DB is one of THE best songs the Stones have recorded in years!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)