ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks to Fabio "hot Stuff"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bowie advises Slash on Heroin (nsc) Return to archive
September 12th, 2004 09:08 AM
UGot2Rollme from the wires....

Veteran rocker Slash realized his addiction to heroin was out of control when David Bowie told him he was "in a very bad place."

The Velvet Revolver guitarist - whose drug problems spiraled in the early 1990s, when he was a member of Guns 'N Roses - decided enough was enough, because reformed heroin addict Bowie is a man who knows the dangers of long-term narcotics abuse.

The 39-year-old says, "I used to see little men crawling round the skirting boards. I'd take photos of myself in the mirror and show people the little men that were crawling out of my hair."

"I told David Bowie about it on the telephone and he seemed to recognize the problem."

"When he said, 'You are in a very bad place', I remember thinking, 'He must know. I am in deep s***.'"

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004
September 12th, 2004 03:03 PM
sammy davis jr. Slash- what a genius.....
September 13th, 2004 04:29 AM
Prodigal Son Bowie knows what that's like. But he wasn't necessarily a heroin addict. A cocaine addict, yes. Sometime after Ziggy Stardust, he became addicted and starting hallucinating, acting strange. Basically, showing signs of cocaine pyschosis. This was around the 1973-76 period. He became known as the Thin White Duke simply because he was pale and thin from his cocaine addiction. He just was unhealthy, skinny and not right. Bowie dropped to something like 115 lbs. at one point during the Young Americans sessions. He cleaned himself up when he moved to Berlin.
September 13th, 2004 05:30 AM
FotiniD
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Slash- what a genius.....

Indeed. It's nice of David to chip in, but like you need to be told that heroin is bad for you?! Jeez...
September 13th, 2004 11:15 AM
Bloozehound Betcha the Thin White Duke got all giddy when he went on to tell Slash about how Mick's weiner tasted.
September 13th, 2004 10:35 PM
Soldatti Slash, amazing guy and great guitar player. I loved Guns And Roses, the last good band IMO.