ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks to Fabio "hot Stuff"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 3rd Anniversay of "9/11" attacks Return to archive
September 11th, 2004 11:47 AM
sirmoonie 9/11/01 - hard to forget the tragic events of that day.
September 11th, 2004 11:50 AM
kath we're not supposed to forget it. the worst day in our generation's history.

my heart goes out to all who were lost and who lost loved ones. every heart in america was broken that day.
September 11th, 2004 11:58 AM
parmeda I hear ya, moonie...I think everyone's heart will be tugged a little harder today. How could they not...
September 11th, 2004 12:19 PM
nankerphelge The thing that always sticks with me is just how fast it all happened. On the day it happened it was mind-numbingly fast.

But each year since, when all the news shows note the starting and ending times -- it just further boggles my mind how much chaos and destruction occurred in a few short hours.

September 11th, 2004 01:02 PM
kath i remember when i first saw the first tower burning, i kept thinking it was a movie promo and that will smith would suddenly appear on the screen and everything would be alright.

and it just got worse and worse and sadder and sadder. i was at work and we had the tv in the room with us and we were all crying and trying to answer the phones. i was working in a call center at the time, and the people who were calling for appts were crying too.

then, when they started the digging through the rubble to try to find survivors. there was one day when a fireman had a lady's hand and was talking to her and she was crying, and he had to leave her because the wall collapsed. he lost her. it was just horrible.
September 11th, 2004 01:13 PM
LadyJane Those images will haunt me for the rest of my life.

A horrible day in our history.

Only positive to come out of it...patriotism I didn't know I had.

LJ.
September 11th, 2004 09:46 PM
kath yeah, i agree with you on that LJ. i felt very protective of my "americanism" and i still do.
September 11th, 2004 11:51 PM
steel wls I hear ya moonie.

God Bless America.
September 12th, 2004 12:50 AM
Bloozehound hard to forget ?

moon, shit, I've had reaccuring nightmares of those por sons of bitches that had to jump of the tops of those buildings haas

i could never put myself in those poor souls shoes, never dude

and I shouldn't have to
September 12th, 2004 12:51 AM
Bloozehound and I mean NEVER
September 12th, 2004 01:10 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
hard to forget ?

moon, shit, I've had reaccuring nightmares of those por sons of bitches that had to jump of the tops of those buildings haas

i could never put myself in those poor souls shoes, never dude

and I shouldn't have to

Sorry for the inexact language.

What I meant to convey is that the images of that day and, more importantly, the feelings at least I felt on that day are just as strong today than as if they had happened just last week.

Didn't mean to imply or suggest this is something that we should try to forget. To the contrary, in fact. But, sorry again for the confusion.
September 12th, 2004 01:14 AM
Bloozehound i wasn't trying to come down on u haas

that shit just makes me mad dude
September 12th, 2004 01:15 AM
Bloozehound cheers

big ol' guiness stout to ya
September 12th, 2004 05:14 AM
thejuf memento mori

September 12th, 2004 07:42 AM
Monkey Woman I remember that day. Here in Europe it was the afternoon when we heard the news... At first, it seemed so incredible... But photos and videos began to pour in, and witness and survivors' stories... There was huge emotion and I think even the most hard-hearted felt a pang of compassion for all those people who were going to work as usual, never expecting such a monstrosity. This was one sad, sad day for humanity.