ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks to Fabio "hot Stuff"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joey-11K- big ups!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 10th, 2004 02:50 PM
Some Guy YOU are da Man!
September 10th, 2004 02:52 PM
stewed & Keefed Well Done Joey
September 10th, 2004 02:52 PM
glencar Congrats but where was Joshy?
September 10th, 2004 03:51 PM
Joey

Thanks Everyone ..........................

Josh is currently waiting out " Ivan the Terrible "

Developing ................................

Shiver .....................................

Frisky Joe !
September 10th, 2004 07:12 PM
gypsy Let me be the first to congratulate young joey for his accomplishment.
joey, come to me...tonight. I know things Lamby has no clue about.
September 10th, 2004 07:32 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Let me be the first to congratulate young joey for his accomplishment.
joey, come to me...tonight. I know things Lamby has no clue about.

Oh yeah...

you have no idea babe! You know so little about my black arts....

Joey is mine - all mine...back off!

September 10th, 2004 07:48 PM
Soldatti Contrats Joey...
September 10th, 2004 08:37 PM
gypsy Remember when I posted that I would send a nude polaroid to he who reaches 11k first?
No, I don't remember either...sorry about your bad luck there, joey.
September 10th, 2004 08:38 PM
gypsy Lamby, don't get all "Brenda" on me! It's not like joey's a BJ pool tile. Calm down.
September 10th, 2004 10:43 PM
glencar Hey, Brenda's got nothing on certain other posters in regards to those pool tiles. Some of the people with those tiles are psychotic.
September 11th, 2004 04:06 AM
egon joey, i'd like to nuzzle you.
September 11th, 2004 07:18 AM
glencar You have to wait until Monday.
September 11th, 2004 12:02 PM
gypsy How much were those pool tiles, anyway?
September 11th, 2004 12:05 PM
parmeda joey's like an adopted little child of mine.
He makes me so proud!
September 11th, 2004 12:21 PM
glencar Well, the thread's long since removed but I believe it was in the $100-200 range. And several posters on another site looked upon their tiles with great love.
September 11th, 2004 12:29 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
gypsy wrote:
How much were those pool tiles, anyway?

BBC news Friday, 17 November, 2000
Brian Jones pool tiles for sale

Brian Jones: He was found dead in 1969

Tiles from the swimming pool in which Rolling Stone Brian Jones died in 1969 have gone on sale.
The Brian Jones fan club is selling the tiles from the pool at his one-time country home in Hartfield, Sussex.

It's not as macabre as it sounds

David Reynolds
Each tile costs �115 and comes with a certificate of authenticity from the current owners of the house, who are upgrading the pool.

Proceeds from the sale will go towards a fund to erect a statue of Brian Jones in his home town of Cheltenham.

Since the sale began on the club's website 140 of the 320 blue ceramic tiles have been bought by collectors.

The fund has raised �3,300, about one-sixth of the cost of the statue.

"It's not as macabre as it sounds," said the fan club's David Reynolds.

Heyday: The Rolling Stones in the 1960s.

"It's just owning something that your hero owned and touched and chose."

Jones drowned at his country house, Cotchford Farm - a former home of Winnie the Pooh author AA Milne.

His death in the pool was connected at the time to his heavy use of drugs and alcohol.

Last year Anna Wohlin, who found the singer in the pool, claimed he had been murdered.

She said builder Frank Thorogood - who is now also dead - killed the guitarist in a row over money.

Thorogood was working for Jones at the farm at the time.

In 1994 police re-opened their inquiries into the guitarist's death when a recording of an alleged death-bed confession by Thorogood came to light.

The investigation did not progress.

September 11th, 2004 12:31 PM
glencar Fuckin' bizarre.
September 13th, 2004 09:35 AM
Joey " I posted that I would send a nude polaroid to he who reaches 11k first? "

September 13th, 2004 10:08 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I posted that I would send a nude polaroid to he who reaches 11k first? "

I smell a conspirarcy on the level of the Murder of Brian Jones. I discovered Josh's true work, posted it - and thread is gone!...hmmm...

September 13th, 2004 10:12 AM
Lambchop* Spam Influx Reaches New Heights

Fri Sep 10, 8:00 PM ET Add Technology - PC World to My Yahoo!

Paul Roberts, IDG News Service

Spam--unsolicited, usually dubious commercial e-mail messages--accounted for 82 percent of all the inbound e-mail processed during August, and made up 90 percent of all mail sent during one spam-filled day last month, according to e-mail security firm FrontBridge Technologies. The company says the latest flood of spam was spurred by back-to-school specials and political pitches.

According to FrontBridge, it blocked 2.5 billion spam messages in August, of 3.1 billion messages processed during that month. The e-mail storm reached a peak on August 30, when 90 percent of all the messages processed by FrontBridge were spam. FrontBridge, which offers e-mail management and security services for companies, compiled its data from more than 2200 global customers and 15,000 e-mail domains.

Spam, Viruses on the Rise

Offers for back-to-school items and political spam from around the world led the charge in August. The 85 percent figure compares with a monthly total of 80 percent spam in July and 57 percent spam one year ago, according to figures provided by FrontBridge. The one-day high of 90 percent topped the previous one-day concentration of spam of 85 percent, set in June, the company says.

Viruses are on the rise as well. FrontBridge also stopped 34 million virus-infected e-mail messages in August. The viruses were caught by FrontBridge's service, which incorporates antivirus technology licensed from a number of companies.

The story could have been worse. The volume of spam last month was actually lower, due to reduced output from spam operations in Boca Raton, Florida, which lost power after two hurricanes hit the southern state last month, the company says.

Overall, spam volume has increased 1600 percent since the company began filtering it in the year 2000, FrontBridge says
September 13th, 2004 12:59 PM
glencar A couple of threads are gone...
September 13th, 2004 01:27 PM
jb Congratulations Joey!!! With all that's been going on down here I have not been able to post much, but your accomplishment has not gone unnoticed....Also, looks like the "Callahan" era got off to a shaky start while my Canes again showed why they are the most dominating college football program in the last 25 yrs..........(the Dolphins and Chiefs suck).
[Edited by jb]
September 13th, 2004 01:28 PM
glencar Joshy soon I shall pass you.
September 13th, 2004 01:42 PM
gypsy Yay! Josh is back. I will stop fasting now.
josh, lamby wants a $225 Brian Jones pool tile...there are only 80 left. So hurry!
September 13th, 2004 01:43 PM
glencar Get me one too, lawyer-boy.
September 13th, 2004 01:57 PM
gypsy josh, do you feel a bit betrayed by joey? Did he or did he not promise to stop posting until you got back online? Were you shocked and/or saddened to see that he reached 11,000 before you? Joey has the scruples of an alley cat.
September 13th, 2004 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
josh, do you feel a bit betrayed by joey? Did he or did he not promise to stop posting until you got back online? Were you shocked and/or saddened to see that he reached 11,000 before you? Joey has the scruples of an alley cat.

I feel more betrayed by you as I am the only one without the polaroid!!!
September 13th, 2004 02:13 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I feel more betrayed by you as I am the only one without the polaroid!!!

WTF ?!?!?!

I forwarded you that pic of Gyps. five years ago .

" It was in all the papers Ronnie ! "

K.C. Joe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 13th, 2004 02:24 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Yay! Josh is back. I will stop fasting now.
josh, lamby wants a $225 Brian Jones pool tile...there are only 80 left. So hurry!

They didn't sell out? Seriously?

Are there pictures of these anywhere? It would make a good signature.

glencar - what other threads disappeared? Does this happen often? I posted a good article for nanker about monkey prisoners.

September 13th, 2004 02:26 PM
glencar The one with your name in it disappeared & another where I insulted that Main Offender nutjob. I'm not sure if it's Voodoo or voodoo.
Page: 1 2