ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks to Fabio "hot Stuff"
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What the fuck is going on with the British?? Return to archive
September 10th, 2004 01:30 PM
christijanus Beatles beat Stones
(Thursday September 09, 2004 03:48 PM)

The UK Music Hall Of Fame Has been launched.

The founding inductees into the Hall are The Beatles, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley, Madonna and U2.

The inductees were selected by a panel of music experts including The Beatles' producer Sir George Martin, Alex James from Blur and Factory Records boss Anthony H. Wilson.

A series of shows on Channel 4 will allow viewers to vote for future inductees.

Series producer Malcolm Gerrie told the BBC: "It's to do with fantastic music that will be there forever and the impact and resonance they've had."

Panellist and DJ Paul Gambaccini said: "Britain [has] dominated pop music for the last 40 years [but] it's something this country doesn't properly celebrate."

Noel Gallagher supported the selection of The Beatles, saying: "They were amazing. They inspire me more now than they did when I was a kid and are still the greatest."

Five Channel 4 shows will be broadcast, each focusing on 10 nominated acts from a different musical decade.

The fact that only one lot of the inductees to the UK Music Hall Of Fame is actually from the UK has been criticised, along with the omission of The Rolling Stones and Queen.
September 10th, 2004 01:31 PM
nankerphelge Pretty much shoots their credibility eh!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
September 10th, 2004 02:17 PM
egon Fuckers!
September 10th, 2004 02:20 PM
Joey

Here is the complete listing of the only artists/musicians that should EVER be allowed to share the same stage alongside THE ROLLING STONES :

Eric Clapton
Paul McCartney
Pete Townshend
Roger Daltrey
Jimmy Page ( only if Keef is in a GOOD mood )

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Jersee Joe

September 10th, 2004 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Fuckers!

Egon.................................................

What we drinking this evening my Stonesian Brother ?

" Jaggerbombs " ?!?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

Skittles Joe Joe
September 10th, 2004 02:22 PM
egon gonna go to the pub, my friend.
gonna hit it hard and fast! drinks; "kro"
September 10th, 2004 02:25 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Joey wrote:

Here is the complete listing of the only artists/musicians that should EVER be allowed to share the same stage alongside THE ROLLING STONES :

Eric Clapton
Paul McCartney
Pete Townshend
Roger Daltrey

Jersee Joe

Paul McCartney.......WTF
September 10th, 2004 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
gonna go to the pub, my friend.
gonna hit it hard and fast! drinks; "kro"

Jaggerbomb :

One shot of Jagermeister

1/2 Full Pint Size Glass of Red Bull

Gently .....GENTLY drop the shot of JagerMeister into the 1/2 full glass of Red Bull and guzzle .

.....Oh , and then Thank " The Joey " later .

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

D. J. Jersey Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !

September 10th, 2004 02:50 PM
glencar Oy vey! The Brits are asses! Madonna over the Stones?
September 10th, 2004 04:06 PM
keith_tif I don't understand why british people doesn't like the STONES. Because in France we love the STONES and the STONES love France!!
Stupid behaviour!!
September 10th, 2004 07:38 PM
Soldatti The surprise here is the omision of Queen. They love that band more than any other, except maybe The Beatles.
The Stones' omision is not surprise, they were more big and commercial on US than the UK.
September 10th, 2004 10:44 PM
glencar That Radio GaGa song really gets 'em singing. Weird, man.
September 10th, 2004 11:31 PM
LadyJane Any question of Queen's "props"..."Queen II"

"No synths."

'Nuff said.

LJ.
September 10th, 2004 11:34 PM
glencar Tell me more. I have no idea what Queen II is about.
September 11th, 2004 12:10 AM
LadyJane See for yourself...let me burn you a copy.

PM me.

LJ.
September 11th, 2004 01:48 AM
Prodigal Son Joey wrote:

Eric Clapton
Paul McCartney
Pete Townshend
Roger Daltrey

Jersee Joe

???
The DJ Jazzy Joey is a closet Macca fan?
September 11th, 2004 10:08 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tell me more. I have no idea what Queen II is about.

Queen II is one of his best albums, a mix between Led Zeppelin I and Abbey Road. It's a good album but my fauvorite is "A Night At The Opera".
September 12th, 2004 07:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
christijanus wrote:
The fact that only one lot of the inductees to the UK Music Hall Of Fame is actually from the UK has been criticised, along with the omission of The Rolling Stones and Queen.

Well I just hope they don't overlook the blues guys; John Mayall, the Yardbirds, Alexis Korner, Long John Baldry, Peter Green, Savoy Brown, etc. etc. etc. As far as British music goes I'd say the where the Brits took the blues is really the "jewel in the crown" imo. Hell even Cliff Richard deserves to be in there....I mean his songs might suck but he sure sold alot of records.

September 12th, 2004 03:07 PM
Soldatti Don't you worry, the next year the Stones will be there, I'm sure. Look at the US R'N'R Hall Of Fame: Beatles 1988, Stones 1989. I think on the same here...