ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SIRIUS launch Who Radio Channel Return to archive
17th September 2006 01:29 PM
Gimme Shelter SIRIUS launch Who Radio Channel

Back to the news page

Sirius Satellite Radio are to launch a 24-hour Who radio channel in the States. Press release below and a couple of other links attached with more details.

Hamish

* New 24-hour channel dedicated to legendary band

* Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey to produce channel

* Exclusive interviews with band members

* Broadcasts of current US tour dates and past concerts

* Backstage tour reports from musician Rachel Fuller

SIRIUS Satellite Radio (announced today that it will launch a commercial-free music channel dedicated to legendary rock band The Who. The company made the announcement during a press event attended by all current members of The Who at SIRIUS' New York City headquarters.

The Who Channel will debut on SIRIUS on Thursday, September 21. The limited-run channel will feature five decades of music by The Who, including rare tracks and live cuts, and SIRIUS-exclusive interviews with band members. Also featured will be nightly broadcasts of concerts on the band's current tour of the US and Canada, featuring commentary and backstage reports hosted by musician Rachel Fuller.

SIRIUS will also broadcast selected shows from The Who's massive archives, including some never before-heard shows and backstage conversations with the band, some with the late Keith Moon and John Entwistle.

Said The Who's Pete Townshend, "This is the most exciting thing I can imagine -- our own radio channel, straight to our fans. I'm completely revved about this. Who's serious about SIRIUS? You bet."

Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS President of Sports and Entertainment, said, "The band that revolutionized rock and roll as we know it will continue to make history by partnering with SIRIUS Satellite Radio for this groundbreaking channel. Our subscribers will be connected to all aspects of the band with an 'all access' pass granted to them by Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey in a unique and unprecedented way, including, with the advent of technology, the return of Keith Moon and John Entwistle."

The pioneering British rock band has reached a new level in its storied career. Endless Wire, The Who's first studio album in 24 years, will be released by Universal on October 31. The 19-track album features extended versions of the various sections that formed their Wire & Glass mini-opera (released in July 2006) as well as exploring other themes from Pete Townshend's novella, The Boy Who Heard Music.

Surviving original Who band members Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey are joined by bassist Pino Palladino, drummer Zak Starkey, guitarist Simon Townshend and keyboardist John "Rabbit" Bundrick on the new album as well as in their live performances. The Who launched their first world tour in more than 20 years on September 12 in Philadelphia, PA. More tour and ticket info is available at WhoTour.com.

SIRIUS, the content leader in radio, is the first to dedicate entire 24-hour, commercial-free music channels to some of the world's greatest artists. For three months in 2005, SIRIUS broadcast the E Street Radio channel, devoted to the music of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, which featured exclusive interviews with Springsteen and band members, among other special programs. In September 2005, SIRIUS premiered Rolling Stones Radio (channel 98), devoted to the music of the Rolling Stones, and in March 2006, dedicated a channel for a limited time to the music of David Gilmour and Pink Floyd. SIRIUS launched Elvis Radio (channel 13), the world's only official, all-Elvis Presley radio channel broadcasting live from Graceland in Memphis, in June 2004. SIRIUS is also the exclusive satellite radio home of Shade 45 (channel 45), the uncut hip-hop channel co-created with Eminem, "Little Steven" Van Zandt's Underground Garage (channel 25) and Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville (channel 31).

For more information about SIRIUS, click HERE.

Billboard

Reuters

17th September 2006 01:31 PM
fireontheplatter as well they should
they deserve it and seem to have enough music to share
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
17th September 2006 03:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Awesome!

I hope it's better than the Stones channel though. Maybe it's just been bad luck and tuning in at the wrong times...but I don't think the Stones channel is very good.

They should let us program that fucker!!
17th September 2006 04:52 PM
MRD8 What channel will it be on?
17th September 2006 06:00 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

They should let us program that fucker!!

Amen !
17th September 2006 07:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA FUCK YES!
17th September 2006 10:29 PM
Lethargy Attention Joey! All righty then, I currently listen to the all stones channel on sirius for at least an hour a day (in the car, or at work, or both). I'm going to give the WHO channel a try when it starts. I want to see if I can get bit by the bug that bit you.

I want to like them more than I do, I really do.

Can't say the same for U2 (don't like them, don't want to), but I'm going to make an effort to get into and dig the who for the next month.
17th September 2006 11:07 PM
ShaneJazz You have no choice on this board but to like them. Personally, I love The Who ( I played Bargain and Goin' Mobile over and over on the way to work today), but they get mentioned on this board almost as much as the Stones recently. But God forbid if you mention you like another band. I can't wait for the Who channel, I hope they play some of Pete's solo stuff. I like the Stones channel, but it definitely could use some freshening up. Without fail, for every 5 times I turn the channel on, She's So Cold will be on either right away, or as the very next song. I heard them play Bitch and Monkey Man back to back yesterday, so it can't be all that bad.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)