ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FIRE COKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
16th September 2006 07:53 PM
chevysales sickening... he must go before he takes the U down with him.
16th September 2006 08:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, don't blame the players...blame the coach.
16th September 2006 11:23 PM
Brainbell Jangler #18 Ducks remain undefeated and should move up the polls after an incredible last-minute 34-33 win over #15 Oklahoma.
17th September 2006 12:37 AM
lotsajizz maybe 3 losses or so a season is acceptable to some schools...NOT UM...Coker must fall on his sword
17th September 2006 09:40 AM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Yeah, don't blame the players...blame the coach.

oh the coach who rode in on butch davis's coatails... the coach who year after year has had shitty rercruiting a direct reflectiion on the players here now... stick to whatever team you know about as you seem to know little about the U.
17th September 2006 09:53 AM
lotsajizz THAT'S why Coker should go...not in-game management at which he is good, but player management and recruiting---he SUCKS at those two!!
17th September 2006 10:18 AM
BILL PERKS BUTCH DAVIS SHOULD BE REHIRED..THEM LOSING YESTERDAY WAS THE BEST THING FOR THE CANES BECAUSE COKER WILL BE FIRED
17th September 2006 10:22 AM
lotsajizz Butch was super...and can be again...he knows how to recruit and rebuild
17th September 2006 11:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Miami is a product of it's own creation.

They should change their nickname to The Thugs.

They reap what they sow.

I'm glad they are going down the dumper. Maybe now they'll start recruiting players who have some integrity and class.

17th September 2006 11:35 AM
lotsajizz you believe in fairy tales if you think big time football is run any differently at other campuses...that's just petty envy at the dominance of the 'Canes since Jim Kelly--Howard Schnellenberger....

17th September 2006 11:36 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Miami is a product of it's own creation.

They reap what they sow.

I'm glad they are going down the dumper. Maybe now they'll start recruiting players who have some integrity and class.

WHERE DO YOU FIND THEM? PENN STATE?
17th September 2006 11:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot 87% graduation rate. Productive citizens after football.

Oh yeah, 5 undefeated teams, 2 national championships(remember that one certain Fiesta Bowl...who'd we beat?), and hundreds of solid pro players.

Penn State may not have the best teams every year, like this year(last years team was pretty fucking good though.). But Joe Paterno runs his team with dignity, integrity, and class. We have quality football with real STUDENT-athletes. I'll take that over having a team full of thugs and gangbangers EVERY time.
17th September 2006 01:42 PM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Miami is a product of it's own creation.

They reap what they sow.

fuck integrity... i care about winning and nothing more
17th September 2006 01:48 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
2 national championships(remember that one certain Fiesta Bowl...who'd we beat?),

'2', is that all? pray tell the 'Canes championships while you were celebrating one (1) Fiesta Bowl win....

I also note most criticism in UM seems grounded in unacknowledged racism.....

'thugs and gangbangers'?

envy

OK now

cazart!!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
17th September 2006 02:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot Envious of thugs and gangbangers? That's so ridiculous that I'm not even sure if that was a serious comment or not. But I guess when you have no real ammunition with which to fight, that's what you end up resorting to.

Yeah, Michael "King Blow" Irvin, Vinny Testicleverde and that stupid "we're wearing camoflage & won't eat with the enemy" crew. They were bulletproof weren't they? Class beats crass.

And you are right. Only 2 championships. It SHOULD have been 6...but since titles were not decided on the field then(still aren't now either), we had to watch media darling inferior teams walk away with our hardware.

There is only one player from Miami U that I ever really liked...and that was only after he turned pro...Jerome Brown. I cried the day he was killed. He was headed to Canton for sure. Tragic.
17th September 2006 02:39 PM
jb 5 titles(really 6), top 25 every yer since 1983, some of the greatest games/players, etc..we are entitled to a couple of "off" years, if 9-3 or 8-4 is "off" years. Having said that, the blame is two-fold. 1)Shalala has made it verry clear football s no longer #1 at the "U" and has made it hard to sign players on the edge of academic compliance and 2) horrible coaching by Coker, who has now been shut out in the 2nd haf 5 consecutive quarters-that shows an inability to make changes at the 1/2.
As with all great teams, it is pay back time and many mediocre programs that are beating us now are seeking revenge for past humiliations at our hand...enjoy it while it lasts, as the Canes will be back, as always.....
[Edited by jb]
17th September 2006 02:40 PM
lotsajizz yup, RIP Brown....
17th September 2006 02:41 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yup, RIP Brown....

Maybe the greatest Cane ever-RIP indeed...

[Edited by jb]
17th September 2006 02:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot >enjoy it while it lasts, as the Canes will be back, as always.....<

Agreed. Miami will come back. Maybe even this year.

Chevy...everyone likes winning. Obviously, winning is more fun. But collegiate sports is about much much more than simply winning. In pro sports, I would agree, winning IS everything...that is what they are getting paid insane amounts of money to do. But not in college sports. Graduating players and integrity SHOULD play a huge part of it. That is what sets it apart from pro sports.

To each his own though. Please enjoy it however you like.
17th September 2006 03:05 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
There is only one player from Miami U that I ever really liked...and that was only after he turned pro...Jerome Brown. I cried the day he was killed. He was headed to Canton for sure. Tragic.

DID YA CRY FOR THE KID HE KILLED BY DRIVING LIKE AN IDIOT?
17th September 2006 03:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah Bill...the entire incident was tragic. I felt bad for everyone involved.
17th September 2006 03:49 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
jb wrote:
5 titles(really 6), top 25 every yer since 1983, some of the greatest games/players, etc..we are entitled to a couple of "off" years, if 9-3 or 8-4 is "off" years.
[Edited by jb]

Miami was not ranked in 1997. I believe they were 5-6.
17th September 2006 11:18 PM
chevysales
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
87% graduation rate. Productive citizens after football.

Oh yeah, 5 undefeated teams, 2 national championships(remember that one certain Fiesta Bowl...who'd we beat?), and hundreds of solid pro players.

Penn State may not have the best teams every year, like this year(last years team was pretty fucking good though.). But Joe Paterno runs his team with dignity, integrity, and class. We have quality football with real STUDENT-athletes. I'll take that over having a team full of thugs and gangbangers EVERY time.

uhhhh news flash the top schools that actaully have players are 3 and out....
17th September 2006 11:20 PM
chevysales
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Miami was not ranked in 1997. I believe they were 5-6.

it was a ranked team in top 25 since 1999.
18th September 2006 11:10 AM
jb Look how lo0ng NotrDame,USC, Texas, Oklahoma were down-years before theycame back to prominece..we are definitely in challenging times, but 8-4 is pretty decent most schools...we are about 3 yrs away as Coler must be fired and a new class recruited....you don't lose players like we have these past 5 years and still compete for #1...
18th September 2006 11:41 AM
nappyrags asking to bring back davis is a bit o'strange isn't it???after all he basically crapped on the program, players and fans by running off to the pros after assuring the players he would be there for them...i agrre these things go in cycles...we usc fans had to wait 20 years for good stuff to start happening again...hell we lost something like 14 out of 16 to notre dame at one point...

[Edited by nappyrags]
18th September 2006 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
nappyrags wrote:
asking to bring back davis is a bit o'strange isn't it???after all he basically crapped on the program, players and fans by running off to the pros after assuring the players he would be there for them...i agrre these things go in cycles...we usc fans had to wait 20 years for good stuff to start happening again...hell we lost something like 14 out of 16 to notre dame at one point...

[Edited by nappyrags]

Agreed...lied right up to last minute. Randy Shannon is worth a try.
18th September 2006 01:15 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed...lied right up to last minute. Randy Shannon is worth a try.

not randy shannon... why on earth him after all did HIS side of the ball play with intensity? hell no... and coker should have never fired the long standing coaches last year.
18th September 2006 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

not randy shannon... why on earth him after all did HIS side of the ball play with intensity? hell no... and coker should have never fired the long standing coaches last year.

Bring Kehoe back...
18th September 2006 04:40 PM
gimmekeef Bring back Davis...anything to get his lame ass of The NFL Network.....After the debacle that was Cleveland who'd want the guy?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)