ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shiver Me Timbers! Return to archive
15th September 2006 08:06 PM
GotToRollMe
Keith Richards gets hooked to his ‘Pirate’ garb!

London, Sept 15: Keith Richards is so determined to get into character of playing Johnny Depp’s father in the next ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ flick, that he’s going to come dressed in his costume even for Rolling Stone rehearsals.

Band-mate Ronnie Wood said that Richards had promised that he would come for the Rolling Stone’s next rehearsal dressed in his pirate garb.

"He said he's gonna come to the next rehearsal in character - he's gonna come straight off set dressed as a pirate, and come to rehearsals," the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.

Wood also revealed that the usually clean shaven Richards would be sporting a very different look on-screen.

"He said to me: 'I'm not allowed to shave from now on, so they're gonna tie little bits on my beard. Whatever bits grow, they're gonna dangle bits off of it, and the longer it gets, the more they're gonna tie on'. He promised to take a Polaroid as I'm dying to see it!" Wood added.

Johnny Depp had previously revealed in an interview that he had modelled his ‘Pirates’ character of Captain Jack Sparrow on Richards, for he reminded him of how pirates in the 18th century would have looked.

"I thought of Keith because he's a guy I've admired for many, many years. I didn't want to do an imitation of Keith, or a character study, just a kind of salute to him, you know, to show him I appreciate him. I was thinking about the pirates of the 18th century, about how they were the rocks stars of their day," Depp said.

The third and final ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ series will hit cinema screens around the globe in May 2007.

http://www.newkerala.com/news4.php?action=fullnews&id=22027

15th September 2006 08:12 PM
pdog Keith is reinventing himself after he was borrowed from.... Just too fucking cool, if you ask me.
Did anyone ask me?
Arrrr!
16th September 2006 09:45 AM
gimmekeef Wonder if he'll be wearing pieces of eight lures in his hair?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)