ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Soldier Field opener Return to archive Page: 1 2
17th September 2006 01:18 PM
Dan
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

what on earth is your cat eating?????
i can lend/give u a dollar for a can of purina if u like..

Its not my cat. If my cat were still alive, I would be pushing her to be more like the cat in the avatar.

www.whatjeffkilled.com
17th September 2006 05:48 PM
chevysales
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, I can confirm that Elvis Costello is opening the Oct 11 Show in Chicago. Dreadful.

his early stuff with the attractions was great stuff... i only can assume 1977 was before your time.

as mentioned above a few great songs from that album at a time when punk was popping... yep allison and watching the detectives from "My Aim Is True" album the cover is posted above... listen to that baseline.

elvis, the clash... getting to the forefront while the stones withered on the vine.

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]
18th September 2006 12:57 PM
jb This ass sais how muchit meant opening for U2, and how they are more thsan a rock show, like the Stones. he made them god like-fuck him!!!
18th September 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway Elvis Costello??

were no rap acts available??
18th September 2006 01:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
chevysales wrote:

his early stuff with the attractions was great stuff... i only can assume 1977 was before your time.

as mentioned above a few great songs from that album at a time when punk was popping... yep allison and watching the detectives from "My Aim Is True" album the cover is posted above... listen to that baseline.

elvis, the clash... getting to the forefront while the stones withered on the vine.

[Edited by chevysales]
[Edited by chevysales]

You assume correctly, I was born in August of 1977

18th September 2006 01:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
This ass sais how muchit meant opening for U2, and how they are more thsan a rock show, like the Stones. he made them god like-fuck him!!!

You were right.....I posted my disappointment because I was upset with this choice of opener...I truly am hated now! You post your anger towards him and crickets chirp. You may have numbed the "angry mob" already, or you are becoming a beloved figure (see: Mark Duper).
18th September 2006 01:37 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
This ass sais how muchit meant opening for U2, and how they are more thsan a rock show, like the Stones. he made them god like-fuck him!!!

He must be quite powerful if he can do that.
18th September 2006 01:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You were right.....I posted my disappointment because I was upset with this choice of opener...I truly am hated now! You post your anger towards him and crickets chirp. You may have numbed the "angry mob" already, or you are becoming a beloved figure (see: Mark Duper).

I can only speak for myself, but I have no animosity towards you because of your taste in music. Different strokes and all that. Hell, I'm glad you posted this info - you made my day!
18th September 2006 02:40 PM
jb He has exalted U2 while making the Stones a joke-fuck him!!! I saw thius ass wipe in college spme 20 yrs ago...horrible and penile.
18th September 2006 02:46 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
He has exalted U2 while making the Stones a joke-fuck him!!! I saw thius ass wipe in college spme 20 yrs ago...horrible and penile.

Maybe he knows something you don't. And U2 is more than a rock concert, its also a political rally. Do you have the exact quote handy?
18th September 2006 02:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
He has exalted U2 while making the Stones a joke-fuck him!!! I saw thius ass wipe in college spme 20 yrs ago...horrible and penile.

funny!
18th September 2006 02:53 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

It was an interview....I hate him, U2, Aersomith and all of that crowd...

Do you save all these interviews so you don't accidentally get mad at the wrong person? Also it couldn't have pissed off the Stones that much or else they wouldn't have asked him to open.
18th September 2006 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Do you save all these interviews so you don't accidentally get mad at the wrong person? Also it couldn't have pissed off the Stones that much or else they wouldn't have asked him to open.

Do you think the Stones even talk to most of their opening acts??? I doubt it(see Kasabian).
18th September 2006 06:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you think the Stones even talk to most of their opening acts??? I doubt it(see Kasabian).

they seem to have. I remember one of the guys from Kasabian saying that Mick has swore at them (although it seemed a bit of a joke) and they also were quoted as saying they had been told (presumably by the band) that they're stopping touring after this world trek is over.
18th September 2006 07:03 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its not my cat. If my cat were still alive, I would be pushing her to be more like the cat in the avatar.

www.whatjeffkilled.com

Ah...

I bet it would make you feel more like a man, no?

18th September 2006 07:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:

they seem to have. I remember one of the guys from Kasabian saying that Mick has swore at them (although it seemed a bit of a joke) and they also were quoted as saying they had been told (presumably by the band) that they're stopping touring after this world trek is over.

I doubt they would share that sort of info with an opening act - but after the lastest ticket price fiasco...

18th September 2006 07:06 PM
Dan
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Ah...

I bet it would make you feel more like a man, no?

Actually I giggle like a little kid when cats kill things. I think its really cute. And nature at its very best of course.
18th September 2006 07:12 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Dan wrote:

Actually I giggle like a little kid when cats kill things. I think its really cute. And nature at its very best of course.

Thank you for letting us all know that the cat has greater intelligence than you.

18th September 2006 07:17 PM
Dan
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Thank you for letting us all know that the cat has greater intelligence than you.

- According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, in 2001 13 million people 16 years and older enjoyed hunting in the U.S. - 5.4 million hunted small game such as rabbits or squirrels.
- According to The Humane Society of the United States, each year 10 billion land animals are slaughtered by the U.S. meat, egg, and dairy industries.
18th September 2006 07:21 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Dan wrote:

- According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, in 2001 13 million people 16 years and older enjoyed hunting in the U.S. - 5.4 million hunted small game such as rabbits or squirrels.
- According to The Humane Society of the United States, each year 10 billion land animals are slaughtered by the U.S. meat, egg, and dairy industries.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)