ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Soldier Field opener Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th September 2006 04:47 PM
voodoopug Sadly, I can confirm that Elvis Costello is opening the Oct 11 Show in Chicago. Dreadful.
15th September 2006 04:50 PM
Nellcote You mean Declan McManus, right?
15th September 2006 04:51 PM
fireontheplatter i am not much of an elvis costello fan...but i tell u what...i would rather see him than whats his face keyon west...the guy for the giants stadium opener....
15th September 2006 04:52 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, I can confirm that Elvis Costello is opening the Oct 11 Show in Chicago. Dreadful.

Oh, dear.

15th September 2006 04:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i am not much of an elvis costello fan...but i tell u what...i would rather see him than whats his face keyon west...the guy for the giants stadium opener....

both are just as good/bad to me as I would not enter the stadium until I was assured they were done playing.
15th September 2006 04:54 PM
Dan Saw him twice, both were just sorta okay.
15th September 2006 05:20 PM
rasputin56 Obviously, they're still trying to drag in the youngsters. I guess the $20 tix just ain't doing it.
15th September 2006 05:51 PM
not bound to please Okay, add not liking Elvis Costello to my list of "what the fuck is wrong with you people..."

15th September 2006 06:00 PM
gimmekeef Last opening act I bothered to see was Stevie Wonder in 72...
15th September 2006 06:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Okay, add not liking Elvis Costello to my list of "what the fuck is wrong with you people..."

I am just not old enough to appreciate Elvis Costello, other than his role on the Simpson's Rock and Roll Camp.....he has contributed nothing to my entertainment enjoyment.

Proud to be on your list!
15th September 2006 06:13 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
Okay, add not liking Elvis Costello to my list of "what the fuck is wrong with you people..."

He's only 10 years younger than Mick.

15th September 2006 06:16 PM
pdog Elvis' early work is something I listen to still...
15th September 2006 07:23 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Obviously, they're still trying to drag in the youngsters. I guess the $20 tix just ain't doing it.

They aren't offering those $22.00 tickets in Chicago

Youngsters? You mean like 53 yr olds like Elvis is?

The scope of things you are wrong on is breathtaking
15th September 2006 07:49 PM
Brainbell Jangler Pug,
You should be kissing Michael Cohl's feet. Elvis Costello is arguably the best English songwriter since Ray Davies.
Elvis is King!
15th September 2006 08:26 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Elvis is King!

yup...and Declan is dull....

16th September 2006 01:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Pug,
You should be kissing Michael Cohl's feet. Elvis Costello is arguably the best English songwriter since Ray Davies.
Elvis is King!

I will be no where near the stadium until he leaves the stage. I predict (and I am ALWAYS accurate) that less that 12.6K will see his set
16th September 2006 11:44 AM
Milo Yammbag When it comes to seeing The Rolling Stones....do you actually care who the opening act is?

Maybe the "I know their hits" fan does care viewing a Stones show like any other concert and wanting to get their money's worth....and rightly so.

We all know the hardcore could care less who opens. We don't even need an opener. Most of us don't enter the arena or stadium until the opener is long gone.

As far as the hardcore are concerned the opener is just an obstacle, an unecessary pair of panties in the way of some sweet "apoosah".

Milo, NYC
"She's my little rock n' roll"
16th September 2006 12:21 PM
GotToRollMe Holy shit! I LOVE Elvis Costello! This is like a dream concert come true. Excellent news!
16th September 2006 01:27 PM
lotsajizz I'm married to an Allison...so I will see him, haven't seen him live since 1982....has he changed? :-)

16th September 2006 01:32 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I'm married to an Allison...so I will see him, haven't seen him live since 1982....has he changed? :-)

I saw him a couple of years ago in Central Park, and he was better than ever. We were right up front and center..what a show!
16th September 2006 01:39 PM
monkey_man He is a powerful performer. I have seen him a few times in the last 5 years. He did something I've never seen any singer do before; for the last song he sang completely acapella with no microphone and filled a 2200 seat venue with his voice. It was very impressive!
As a person he is a bit of a prima donna. He gets pissy if there is too much noise in the audience when he's performing. . .I don't know how well that will go over at Soldier Field with a bunch of rabid Stones fans.
16th September 2006 01:57 PM
SteveMiller Voodoo Pug and JB prob have gay sex
16th September 2006 11:42 PM
Brainbell Jangler pug,
If you've actually listened to My Aim Is True (Elvis Costello's first album) and still don't like him, I guess it's just a matter of taste. If you haven't heard the album and only know him from radio/ TV, you should check it out before you decide.
17th September 2006 12:47 AM
Dan
quote:
As a person he is a bit of a prima donna. He gets pissy if there is too much noise in the audience when he's performing. . .I don't know how well that will go over at Soldier Field with a bunch of rabid Stones fans.

Stones crowds are too lame to make enough noise to get the openers attention.
17th September 2006 12:52 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, I can confirm that Elvis Costello is opening the Oct 11 Show in Chicago. Dreadful.

Will they pay him this time?
17th September 2006 12:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
pug,
If you've actually listened to My Aim Is True (Elvis Costello's first album) and still don't like him, I guess it's just a matter of taste. If you haven't heard the album and only know him from radio/ TV, you should check it out before you decide.

I never jump to conclusions, and have given Elvis a fair shake, particularly as my parents listened to him. I still stand by my original statement that the only time he entertained me was as a guest voice on "The Simpsons".

This will be disasterous for the Soldier Field show as Costello is less of a factor than the stones are now in Chicago. I predict that Grace O Malley's on 14th and Michigan will have to physically toss all ticket holders out of their facility and force them to head towards the stadium. In a tour that is designed "for the kids".......to adjust a quote from the great Pete...."the kids are not alright!!!"

Literally dozens were encouraged by the addition to Elvis to the bill and at least four of these people are my friends and I only wish maximum enjoyment to those who dig the "other Elvis"
17th September 2006 02:58 AM
UGot2Rollme Vpuglet,
you are way out of line on this one, as evidenced by the reaction here. Open your mind, and enjoy all that is ELVIS.

Alison and Watching the Detectives are 2 of the best written songs of our generation.

Look forward to your report - please go in early.
17th September 2006 09:04 AM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am just not old enough to appreciate Elvis Costello, other than his role on the Simpson's Rock and Roll Camp.....he has contributed nothing to my entertainment enjoyment.

funny observation.
17th September 2006 09:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
Vpuglet,
you are way out of line on this one, as evidenced by the reaction here. Open your mind, and enjoy all that is ELVIS.

Alison and Watching the Detectives are 2 of the best written songs of our generation.

Look forward to your report - please go in early.

I can already give you my report....gave his stuff a listen, didnt care for it, and while he is playing, I will be slowly making my way to the stadium. (see: Kirk Gibson limping to plate in world series).
17th September 2006 01:16 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Dan wrote:
Saw him twice, both were just sorta okay.

what on earth is your cat eating?????
i can lend/give u a dollar for a can of purina if u like..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)