ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brown names Stewart "Best White Soul Singer" Return to archive
15th September 2006 08:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels BROWN NAMES STEWART 'BEST WHITE SOUL SINGER'

Veteran rocker ROD STEWART is ecstatic after soul legend JAMES BROWN crowned him music's "best white soul singer". MAGGIE MAY star Stewart was bestowed with the honorary title after a recent backstage bonding session with the Godfather Of Soul. Stewart says, "Well that's what James Brown told me. I was very flattered. "I went backstage to say hello and he was in very good spirits. Seemed to be all there still upstairs. His knees are playing him up and I told him I've got the same problem."

15/09/2006 13:00
contact

15th September 2006 08:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >..after a recent backstage bonding session with the Godfather Of Soul.<

Man I hate being tied up!!!
15th September 2006 11:31 AM
jb James Brown way overrated punk ass....Stewart is #1 ------in cock sucking.
15th September 2006 11:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
James Brown way overrated punk ass....Stewart is #1 ------in cock sucking.

James Brown's best moment was when Eddie Murphy performed as James in the Celebrity Hot tub.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly_CGin6QS8

15th September 2006 11:41 AM
jb Hopefully, you can post with the vigor of old...people seem to have forgotten about you.
15th September 2006 11:42 AM
glencar Rod is the one spreading this designation, isn't he? That's like when Pug proclaims himself an A-lister. IT DON'T MATTER!
[Edited by glencar]
15th September 2006 11:46 AM
Saint Sway Rod Stewart had the best rock and roll voice.

Proof?

listen to Jeff Beck albums and Faces
15th September 2006 11:48 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Rod Stewart had the best rock and roll voice.

Proof?

listen to Jeff Beck albums and Faces

He is a complere ass clown....Jagger , on his worst day, owns this bitch..
15th September 2006 11:50 AM
SweetVirginia And he did have soul, too. I loved "You Keep Me Hanging On" when Footloose & Fancy Free first came out.

15th September 2006 11:50 AM
Saint Sway now... yes. But back in the day Rod was once cool.
15th September 2006 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
now... yes. But back in the day Rod was once cool.

He had a good voice, but look at what he sing today!!! AMERICAN STANDARDS!!! wtf!!! i NEVER LIKED HIM POST FACES.
15th September 2006 11:53 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

He is a complere ass clown....Jagger , on his worst day, owns this bitch..

You are EN FEUGO today!
15th September 2006 11:57 AM
SweetVirginia

15th September 2006 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Gay looking..
15th September 2006 12:09 PM
F505 [quote]voodoopug wrote:

I thought it was Sadam Hussein
15th September 2006 12:10 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
James Brown way overrated punk ass....Stewart is #1 ------in cock sucking.

I think this is an accurate summary
15th September 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

I think this is an accurate summary

You and I saw the decline in the Stones long before others.
15th September 2006 12:19 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Well let's be modest. Several others also did. But most people were unwilling to admit this afwul truth.
15th September 2006 12:23 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Well let's be modest. Several others also did. But most people were unwilling to admit this afwul truth.

I listen to my taylor era boots and remeber that at one time we were Kings!!!! Time will be kinder to us....
15th September 2006 12:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man Rod Stewart is OK, but if you're talking about the great white soul singers, does'nt Steve Marriott have to be taken into account? I'd bet any money that Rod would agree. After all, he WAS his replacement.
15th September 2006 02:18 PM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Rod Stewart is OK, but if you're talking about the great white soul singers, does'nt Steve Marriott have to be taken into account? I'd bet any money that Rod would agree. After all, he WAS his replacement.

Have to agree here. He was an amazingly soulful singer with tremendous fury and passion in his voice at times. Technically, he's better than most of the recognized greatest frontmen, it's just he never got famous the way a Daltrey/Mercury/Stewart/Jagger type did. Listen to some small faces/humble pie for proof. He was almost a sound-a-like to Robert Plant, but Plant arrived after Mariott. Heck, even the ever-bashing, nuke-the-whales jb must appreciate a singer like Steve Mariott, right?
15th September 2006 02:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

Have to agree here. He was an amazingly soulful singer with tremendous fury and passion in his voice at times. Technically, he's better than most of the recognized greatest frontmen, it's just he never got famous the way a Daltrey/Mercury/Stewart/Jagger type did. Listen to some small faces/humble pie for proof. He was almost a sound-a-like to Robert Plant, but Plant arrived after Mariott. Heck, even the ever-bashing, nuke-the-whales jb must appreciate a singer like Steve Mariott, right?

Hey Prodigal Son!

I had a feeling you'd agree with me. Your point about other singers such as Daltry etc is the issue in regards to Marriott’s recognition. The Small Faces just never cracked it in the States. They were HUGE in the UK circa 65-68 and that’s why many here would cite him as a major force. It's a travesty. I don't dislike the Faces at all, it's just that in my opinion, they don't match the group they preceded and of course, everyone knows Rod Stewart.

It's like with so many other things. If you do a little digging, you'll always find better.

15th September 2006 04:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

16th September 2006 02:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

LOL!

Whats that guy up to now? I watched him on American Idol, but missed the final. Did he win?

I actually quite like him. He had a lot of personality and I especially liked the scene when he entered the room playing harmonica.
16th September 2006 02:35 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

LOL!

Whats that guy up to now? I watched him on American Idol, but missed the final. Did he win?

I actually quite like him. He had a lot of personality and I especially liked the scene when he entered the room playing harmonica.

I think he's a decent soul singer, with good taste in music, unlike 99.9% of Idol's viewers, judges and past competitors. But until he breaks free of the Idol stronghold run by music hating jackasses like Simon Fuller, Simon Cowell or Clive Davis, his records will stink. He should go the Kelly Clarkson route; get some good representation, break free from Idol and make a record on your own, just don't make it sound like boring, third-rate Avril Lavigne which is what Yelly Clarkson did. Hicks is a real throwback. Too bad he had to emberass himself on Idol; though he handled it with humility and great energy instead of moping or seeming disgruntled.

Sadly I am aware of all this because Idol was constantly watched in my house by my sister and mom! Oh well, everything besides Hicks was a disgrace singing-wise.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
16th September 2006 03:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

I think he's a decent soul singer, with good taste in music, unlike 99.9% of Idol's viewers, judges and past competitors. But until he breaks free of the Idol stronghold run by music hating jackasses like Simon Fuller, Simon Cowell or Clive Davis, his records will stink. He should go the Kelly Clarkson route; get some good representation, break free from Idol and make a record on your own, just don't make it sound like boring, third-rate Avril Lavigne which is what Yelly Clarkson did. Hicks is a real throwback. Too bad he had to emberass himself on Idol; though he handled it with humility and great energy instead of moping or seeming disgruntled.

Sadly I am aware of all this because Idol was constantly watched in my house by my sister and mom! Oh well, everything besides Hicks was a disgrace singing-wise.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]

I thought those two black brothers were quite good... before they got arrested!

Aside from Kelly Clarkson, the only Pop Idol winner to really make something of themselves is a guy called Will Young. I don't know if he means anything at all in the States or Canada, but he broke away from the maunufactured pop crap quite quickly and started writing his own material. A couople of his hits are actully not too bad.
16th September 2006 08:51 AM
Jair Rod Stewart had his great moments, besides one of the best voices of the rock and roll.

James Brown, on the other hand, oh man! ...you can listen his albuns? Congrats!

JB suck big time! Nobody stand more than a song every...every decade! So what if he's a great influence? Fuck him!

16th September 2006 02:03 PM
SteveMiller It's safe to say that Rod sucks and I'm the best
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)