ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Returning To The Road In 2007? Return to archive
14th September 2006 01:26 PM
justinkurian From Billboard:

Rolling Stones Returning To The Road In 2007?

September 14, 2006, 10:55 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
Although the Rolling Stones' mammoth A Bigger Bang tour was expected to conclude in mid-November, guitarist Ron Wood tells Billboard.com the band is considering another round of dates in 2007. As previously reported, A Bigger Bang is on track to become the highest-grossing tour of all time.

"We're gonna have a well-needed break over Christmas, and then we'll go back out, probably, next year," Wood says. "We'll probably do some Europe; we owe them some dates," he adds, referring to a handful of shows canceled to allow guitarist Keith Richards time to recover from a skull injury.

Wood says he's "loving where [the band] is, musically," and is especially looking forward to reconvening with Richards, who will be coming to rehearsals straight from filming for the third installment of Disney's "Pirates of the Caribbean" series.

"They're filming as we speak, and he's gonna come to the next rehearsal in Boston dressed in his pirate gear," says Wood, who was vacationing with Richards in Fiji in May when he was injured. "He said, 'I'm not allowed to shave, and they're gonna start tying bits on my growth from my face to get into pirate mode.'"

Wood continues, "I said, 'Well, promise me one thing -- you won't get out of character. Come straight from the set to rehearsals in Boston.' He said, 'I promise you I will,' so it's gonna be perfect."

Meanwhile, Wood is celebrating the Sept. 26 release of his retrospective "Anthology: The Essential Crossexion," the lone unreleased track from which is the Rod Stewart collaboration "You Strum and I'll Sing."

"It's like a really sweet demo," Wood says of the track, which also features the Stereophonics' Kelly Jones. "We had a quick afternoon in my studio in London [so] we just laid the groundwork for this album that we will one day finish off together. Rod said, 'Well, one day we'll do this properly,' this song. And I thought, 'Well, it's gonna take God knows how long, so let me just use the example of it we made.'"

"Crossexion" also features tracks from Wood's solo work and his days with the Birds, the Creation, the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces. There are two Rolling Stones tracks he co-wrote as well -- "Everything Is Turning to Gold" and "Black Limousine."

Links referenced within this article

As previously reported
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002878796
Anthology: The Essential Crossexion
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002952397
14th September 2006 01:28 PM
jb The 2007 Euro dates are well known...then it is over for good. They certainly are not going to retun to the US after the debacle that this has become...can't even sell out NY, Boston, Chicago, AC. Vegas!!!!
14th September 2006 01:30 PM
glencar I can't go back to London!!!!!
14th September 2006 01:37 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
The 2007 Euro dates are well known...then it is over for good. They certainly are not going to retun to the US after the debacle that this has become...can't even sell out NY, Boston, Chicago, AC. Vegas!!!!

Theres still places to conquer....millions to pillage:

Billings
Sioux City
El Paso
Eugene
Topeka
Pine Bluff
Tuscaloosa
Akron
Richmond
Quebec City
Bangor
Fort Wayne
14th September 2006 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Billings
Sioux City
El Paso
Eugene
Topeka
Pine Bluff
Tuscaloosa
Akron
Richmond
Quebec City
Bangor
Fort Wayne

Even the halifax show, which sold a respectable 35k on the first day, is still open. They expected 50-60k, and plenty of tickets still available. Kayne West is going to dis us big time.
14th September 2006 01:42 PM
Some Guy Dude was lit.
14th September 2006 01:43 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Dude was lit.

When does the Van Halen tour start....
14th September 2006 01:46 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Even the halifax show, which sold a respectable 35k on the first day, is still open. They expected 50-60k, and plenty of tickets still available. Kayne West is going to dis us big time.

With Alice Cooper opening and likely to totally blow the STones away, the less people who witness it the less humiliating the whole travesty will be.
14th September 2006 01:55 PM
Some Guy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Way out west there was this fella I wanna tell ya about. Goes by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. See, this Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - there's a name no man would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. See, they call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels"; but I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow it as there are some nice folks there. 'Course I ain't never been to London, and I ain't never seen France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd seen in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? Sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here - the Dude from Los Angeles. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude. The Dude, from Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in all of Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. Sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Well, I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced it enough.
14th September 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

With Alice Cooper opening and likely to totally blow the STones away, the less people who witness it the less humiliating the whole travesty will be.

Do you even like the Rolling Stones?
[Edited by jb]
14th September 2006 01:58 PM
glencar Dan's no "sway" who is a huge pussy who does NOT like the Stones.
14th September 2006 01:59 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you even like the Rolling Stones?

Yeah sorta. But I have also seen Alice Cooper about 8 times and he would definitely be a tough act to follow.
14th September 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeah sorta. But I have also seen Alice Cooper about 8 times and he would definitely be a tough act to follow.

Again, if you feel so many acts are blowing the Stones away, what attracts you to this board? I am all for you , or anyone, enjoying other music, but why post here, when most of us still love the Stones more than any other group.
14th September 2006 02:02 PM
glencar Alice Cooper is only a tough act to follow after he's had Mexican food!
14th September 2006 02:04 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Again, if you feel so many acts are blowing the Stones away, what attracts you to this board? I am all for you , or anyone, enjoying other music, but why post here, when most of us still love the Stones more than any other group.

I listen to many bands, attend many concerts, visit many message boards. And not many bands are blowing away the Stones because they tend to play it real safe with who they choose to play with along with the age and complacency of their audience.
14th September 2006 02:09 PM
Egbert
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Billings
Sioux City
El Paso
Eugene
Topeka
Pine Bluff
Tuscaloosa
Akron
Richmond
Quebec City
Bangor
Fort Wayne

Tukteuktuk...
14th September 2006 04:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
The 2007 Euro dates are well known

Maybe, but until now they have been 'officially' just speculation

This is the first time to my knowledge that a band member has confirmed it will happen
14th September 2006 04:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Dan's no "sway" who is a huge pussy who does NOT like the Stones.

I'm a huge pussy???

really?

how about you hop the LIRR to Penn and meet me at Walters? I assume you know where that is.

1st drinks on me. You can say whatever it is you need to say to me.

next drink you'll be drinking thru a straw with your jaw wired shut.
14th September 2006 04:59 PM
Some Guy I do not foresee a 3rd drink.
14th September 2006 05:23 PM
Flairville Guys get saving now.
14th September 2006 05:47 PM
Soldatti The never ending tour.
14th September 2006 06:00 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

The week after Wolfie VH finishes tenth grade.
14th September 2006 06:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Guys get saving now.

I AM really trying, Flairville!!! Money just seems to slip through my fingers......

14th September 2006 06:30 PM
gypsy pussy

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm a huge pussy???

really?

how about you hop the LIRR to Penn and meet me at Walters? I assume you know where that is.

1st drinks on me. You can say whatever it is you need to say to me.

next drink you'll be drinking thru a straw with your jaw wired shut.

14th September 2006 07:18 PM
TomL Tell him Gsypy
14th September 2006 08:32 PM
playguitar Sorry Sway, but anyone who fawns over the mediocre Crowes, kinda comes over as ....well,,,Pussy.
14th September 2006 09:14 PM
Some Guy don't fuck with sway.
14th September 2006 11:21 PM
PeerQueer Christ on Crutches!

All this macho banter is getting me kinda horny...
16th September 2006 05:00 PM
Kilroy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Billings
Sioux City
El Paso
Eugene
Topeka
Pine Bluff
Tuscaloosa
Akron
Richmond
Quebec City
Bangor
Fort Wayne

Poor old Richmond VA, If they come here I'll Explode. That would be so cool except they'd have to play one of the top ten acoustical horrors of all time.
Richmond Coliseum!
[Edited by Kilroy]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)