ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Jessica Rinaldi
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: no joke - FREE 5th row centre ticket for Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th September 2006 10:20 AM
Voodoo Stones Thanks Mr Jimmy for this offer.
I would like to get this ticket, as I will record the show and will give a better audience recording to this community. Good luck to everyone.
13th September 2006 01:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Whigged wrote:
I just moved to Boston by myself this year. After a Sox game on Memorial Day weekend, I fell from a third story balcony that gave way and to the pavement below.

Broke both of my arms, part of my back, three ribs.

I am still braced up in the arm, though life has started to return to normal. But I consider myself lucky to have survived, but unlucky to have had to miss out on being able to afford a Stones ticket because of mounting medical bills.

I swear on whatever you'd like the above is true (medical records can be provided upon request of course), but it means nothing as I would consider myself the most fortunate guy on the planet if you were place the ticket in my care.

Somehow, that would make this awful summer a distant memory.

You should sue --- I highly recommend getting a Jewish Lawyer --- you will SKYROCKET !!!!!

........ss ! "

13th September 2006 03:45 PM
staff Hi,

I would love this ticket. I don't have a terrible story for you in which to create sympathy, I just would really love to see the Rolling Stones.

I just started my first year at Harvard last Saturday. I don't know if I will have many opportunities to see the Rolling Stones in my life, and would really like to take advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks,

Jon
[email protected]
13th September 2006 04:24 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I would love this ticket.

In all my 43 years as a Rolling Stones fan I have never seen them up close. This would be the concert of a lifetime. I can offer my Giants ticket in return, but it's nowhere near to being a fair trade - Section 128, Row 21.

In any event, this is a wonderful gesture on your part.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

If my opinion matters, I say she gets it. She is very generous and sends me, as well as many others DVD's and bootlegs all the time, purely just to be cool. Hopefully the cool karma is in her corner. I also look forward to meeting my fellow Jersey Stones fan in AC, when I return home to see the Stones!
13th September 2006 07:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

If my opinion matters, I say she gets it. She is very generous and sends me, as well as many others DVD's and bootlegs all the time, purely just to be cool. Hopefully the cool karma is in her corner. I also look forward to meeting my fellow Jersey Stones fan in AC, when I return home to see the Stones!

Aw, thanks, pdog!
Remind me to smother you with my ample bosom when you hit Jersey!

13th September 2006 07:48 PM
kary Getting to see the Stones from the 5th row would certainly be my last dying wish. I would sooooooo love to see them and enjoy knowing that that there are still good people out there just wanting someone to have as great of a time as they would. I could easily fill that spot for you..........
13th September 2006 07:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
pdog wrote:

I second that.

Mr Jimmy....give it to GotToRollMe.

SHE IS the real deal!!!!!!

LJ.
13th September 2006 08:00 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I second that.

Mr Jimmy....give it to GotToRollMe.

SHE IS the real deal!!!!!!

LJ.

Admit it LJ. You just want to be smothered in GotToRollMe's ample bosom in AC! No?

Riffy
13th September 2006 10:44 PM
Cocaine Eyes Mr. Jimmy, I'm still going with "playguitar". (How do you like today's rain in our fine city?)
13th September 2006 11:29 PM
playguitar
Glencar,

Blue Mt. is near Allentown. About 45 mins from Jack Frost/ Big Boulder. Also I quit skiing and took up riding because it's easier on the knees. It's sooo much fun. If skiing is The Beatles, than snowboarding is The Stones. Its like Heroin. Once you are hooked its your life. Call me at the snowboard school anytime[My name is Keith}.

13th September 2006 11:59 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
Mr. Jimmy, I'm still going with "playguitar". (How do you like today's rain in our fine city?)

Hey there Cocaine Eyes. Do I know you? Or do you know me? Or???

Rain Fall Down type of day for sure.
14th September 2006 12:02 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Dan is willing to pay half of what you are offering Mr. J

What does that mean?

Help!!!
14th September 2006 01:27 AM
Barkman77 I just found out I'm tagging along to Boston with a few others. Last minute type of thing.

I'd be willing to buy the ticket off you. Local pickup, no hassles.

Plus you'd get lots of close up pics plus Im going to sneak in my video camera I just bought. It about as small as a deck of cards, so hopefully there should be some good video as well.

My plan is to just buy a ticket off a scalper just before the show starts if this doesnt work out.

thanks
14th September 2006 04:12 AM
HappyRooster Hey Mr. Jimmy, so nice of you to offer this ticket. I'm in Toronto, but I'll be getting my ass down to Boston. It'll be real nice to go with a ticket in hand. I remember you as one of the kindest and coolest Stones dudes from the summer of 2005. We hung out together at the rehearsals (Greenwood) and I helped you take all those photos that you posted here on Rocks Off. All those late night breakfasts and of course, hanging out together for 2 days and all night at the Phoenix for the club gig. Oh the fun we had, especially near the front where we were. Remember when you had doubts but I convinced you that it was indeed going to be the Phoenix. Aren't you glad you finally listened to me...LOL. Remember our "walk in" and the media filming us? Yup, it's me the "media slut". I know you won't forget all those media interviews I did, especially the ones you "arranged". And then we the Skydome show and that wild party at Stones Place afterwards...it all seems like just yesterday.
14th September 2006 04:19 AM
FotiniD If you're decided on giving it away, my vote goes for GotToRollMe as well, and I'm voting with both hands You can't get any better than this, really. She's an amazing fan, a great girl and very kind, helpful, friendly and generous. She deserves it 100%!
14th September 2006 08:33 AM
SweetVirginia ROCC sticks together. I vote for GTR, too. She is a solid presence on this board, a great fan, and a soft heart when folks ask her to re-seed stuff on the tracker. She makes dreams come true seeding mass quatities of DVD's and music files of our band.

She deserves it!

SV

14th September 2006 11:07 AM
superflyLD Hello! Wow- not only are you offering an amazing experience to someone, but to do it for FREE... you've got some good karma coming your way man. It's like 'My Name is Earl' but in reverse!

While I would personally LOVE to have this ticket for myself, I'm going to ask for it for my Uncle Rodney.

I've been lucky enough to see the Stones 8 out of their last 9 times in the Boston area. I saw the 40 Licks Tour openers. EVEN SAW THEM AT THE ORPHEUM! I had 8th row balcony and my boss was in the back- so I gave him my seat and I sat in the back. If you were up there you remember how HOT it was! Whew! My boss, like myself, works in the music industry so I felt he deserved a better seat more than myself since he's been doing it longer. I was lucky enough to have an 'On Stage' ticket (just one for myself) at the 2nd Fenway show. I was able to get a single good ticket at the Garden in January and snuck my girlfriend into my better section.

So, I've actually had some pretty good luck with the Stones and other shows in my time. I'm a concert lighting designer and love seeing live shows of all types and can see many shows for free- but also pay top dollar and travel for many shows. (bringing my uncle Rodney to the Who this Saturday!).

My Uncle is older and has been playing guitar for 40+ years. He's a blues musician and saw the Stones plenty of times back in the day. I'm pretty sure he was at the Sir Morgan's Cove show in Worcester in the 80s- I'll have to ask.

So I would LOVE to give him the gift of seeing the Stones again after so many years for him in one of the most memorable locations- CLOSE to the stage and the REAL fans!

THANK YOU!

PS: I'll get you into my club for a free show anytime you want! ;-)
14th September 2006 11:22 AM
Cocaine Eyes
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

Hey there Cocaine Eyes. Do I know you? Or do you know me? Or???

Rain Fall Down type of day for sure.

Hi Mr. Jimmy:
Yes, I think I know you from rehearsals!! In fact, I'm pretty certain I do!!
Nice thing you're doing here. We Torontonians surely ARE a Stones city!!
You were also at Palais Royale and the Phoenix, right?? I don't know if you were at the Horseshoe Tavern nor at the RPM Club show. I was at all of those and I was found standing in a back alley behind the good ole ElMo for two nights in '77.
Watch out, rain gonna fall down again today here.
Will you let us know who gets the Boston ticket, please?? I'm still rooting for "playguitar"!!
14th September 2006 11:35 AM
glencar
quote:
playguitar wrote:

Glencar,

Blue Mt. is near Allentown. About 45 mins from Jack Frost/ Big Boulder. Also I quit skiing and took up riding because it's easier on the knees. It's sooo much fun. If skiing is The Beatles, than snowboarding is The Stones. Its like Heroin. Once you are hooked its your life. Call me at the snowboard school anytime[My name is Keith}.

Thanks! I might make a day trip down there this winter. I'm off on Thurs/Fri so it shouldn't be too crowded...
14th September 2006 04:00 PM
playguitar
Hi, Mr. Jimmy,
A song for you :

YCAGWYW. By Jagger/Richard/Playguitar

I saw her today at Brixton Market
A vinyl disc was in her hand
She'd been to her record connection
at her feet I danced to "Paint it Black"

At Powis Square there's a demonstration
My nose was fairly abused
We're gonna free The Sweet Black angel
5 English boys playin the blues.

YCAGWYW Blah Blah

I was lurking around at the Rocks Off drugstore
to get my daily fix
I saw a thread by my FRIEND Jimmy
and man did he have such a deal

I decided I would appeal
To see my boys The Rolling Stones
I sang this song to Mr. Jimmy
He said one word and that was YES !!!!

YCAGWYW Blah Blah

Well maybe it's because we are Londoners Baaaaby
We love sweet London Town Ooh Yeah
We practice surreal imagination
We all wanna be a Rolling Stone

You cant always GWYW
You cant always get WYW
You cant always get WYW
But you can try sometime
And you might find
you scored a centre stage seat !!!

Repeat again and again
Fade out to Boston.

14th September 2006 04:06 PM
playguitar Glencar, you're welcome anytime.

Cocaine Eyes, you're alright.

14th September 2006 04:07 PM
Some Guy Who won??
14th September 2006 04:19 PM
Cocaine Eyes Hi playguitar!! Now you're singing/playing for the ticket!Good on you, good luck!
14th September 2006 04:53 PM
playguitar
What's goin on Cocaine eyes. That's a great name !! It's all in fun. I already booked a load to go to Boston in my rig. I will take my chances when I'm there. I am totally stoked that I am gonna see the Stones again. Oh yeah.
14th September 2006 05:27 PM
Cocaine Eyes I see by your sig that you're a Ronnie fan! That boy is cool. Have fun in Boston, enjoy the show.
15th September 2006 12:58 PM
Mr Jimmy I have to say that the post by HappyRooster threw me for a loop. There I was, ready to give a free ticket just to be nice and then his post popped up and struck me like a lightning bolt. I owe him big time. Truth is, I can thank him for keeping me focused and getting into the Phoenix for the secret club gig... a supposed "industry insider" was trying to convince me to leave the line and head over to the Mod Club which turned out to be the wrong place. Seems only right that I should give him the ticket. Good thing that you posted, otherwise I'd have no way of getting in contact with you. I sent you a pm. I just have to verify that you are indeed the Media Slut!!! Enjoy the show. Wish I was going.

Looks like GotToRollMe has quite the respect from people on this board which had an impact on me... really did. I promise that you'll be pleasantly surprised before this tour is over... I'm a man of my word. I sent you a pm.
15th September 2006 06:28 PM
GotToRollMe Congratulations, HappyRooster!!! Have a great time at Foxboro! Mr Jimmy, you are one cool cat. Thank you so much for your generosity. Talk about making dreams come true! Well done!
15th September 2006 07:21 PM
pdog This is awesome... Stuff like this reminds me how cool 99.9% of us are!
15th September 2006 07:34 PM
LSTNT Mr Jimmy

Great choice - sorry you can't come to the show it's going to be great.
16th September 2006 12:23 AM
HappyRooster Hey Mr. Jimmy, thanks so so so so much for the tic. I kinda figured you would remember me. Funny karma here as I wasn't even thinking about going to Boston until the night before I read your post. As happy as I am to get the tic, I'm sad for the others that posted for it and didn't get it. But hey, I guess the most important thing is that everyone goes to the show and gets their rocks off. Sure wish you were going, Mr. Jimmy. I know you absolutely refuse to take anything in return, but if I happen to end up with an extra tic to a future concert on this tour (right now I plan on Vegas, and the 2 Regina shows...and hey, I'm Canadian and I still don't know exactly where Regina is other than way out west in the middle of some wheat fields), I know who's getting first crack at it. I'll let you know (and post for the benefit of anyone else in Toronto area)about a big Stones bash I'm be having at the Stones Place bar (huge screen and killer sound system)sometime in the near future.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)