ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Contra complaints Return to archive
09-17-03 02:56 PM
sandrew OK, even though it sounds like the band is on track to end the tour on a high note, with solid performances and good crowds ...

I saw Bruce Springsteen this past weekend in D.C. at FedEx Field, a great show ... but 1) the Stones outdrew the Boss; there were way more empty seats Sat. night than when the boys were here last Oct. And 2) Bruce and the band occasionally had the same problem of inaudible guitars.

When you have as many bodies on stage as the Stones and the E Street Band do, this is inevitable.

So for those of you who're down on the Stones, cheer up.
[Edited by sandrew]
09-17-03 02:59 PM
jb I want the total stats on Stones attendance/gross...then we will no the real story....I think I read somewhwere that this tour would gross close to or over 200 million....
09-17-03 03:20 PM
Boomy Is Cohl releasing the figures?
09-17-03 03:26 PM
jb No....total secrecy
09-17-03 04:21 PM
Joey You want figures ???????

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11542
09-17-03 04:32 PM
Riffhard He hasn't given up the numbers yet,but he will. He'll have no choice but to. This tour has been hugly successful on every leg. The only downside is the very tour itself. Playing three different type venues at many of the major cities really effects the gate that is pocketed in each city. The Stones,ie: Mick,are no idiots when it comes to making the cash. This tour has been buffered with a blitz on the mechandizing end. No doubt to offset the smaller gates for the club and arena shows. The question is when the figures are made public will they include any of the merch sales at venues and the internet site. That would jackup the figures in a big way I'd bet.

Prince Rupert Riffenstein
09-17-03 05:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
You want figures ???????

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11542

figures? You want figures?

www.tinajordan.com
09-17-03 05:29 PM
Joey " figures? You want figures? "

Tele ............................

You are much loved by the Joey !

How about that Cubs game on WGN last evening , huh ????

What a save in front of a record crowd -- the only problem is that Houston ain't fading away and I bet the Cardinals fold on purpose .

Shiver .......................

Jercee !