ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cash on cover of Time Return to archive
09-16-03 05:01 PM
Mother baby Too much text to re-post. www.time.com will get you there if you want read it. (upper right)
[Edited by Mother baby]
09-16-03 05:06 PM
glencar Well, taht's nice. Newsweek has something about kids' nutrition.
09-16-03 05:07 PM
Joey

The Stones made the cover of time in 1989 I believe .

The Who made the cover in December of 1979 .

Has Macca been on the cover solo ?

Developing .....................

Wondering .......................

Surfing ........................

" Charlie Don't surf Ronnie "

Jercee Joe
09-16-03 05:12 PM
Joey
Oh Yeah :

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/covers/0,16641,1101791217,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/covers/0,16641,1101890904,00.html

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/archive/covers/0,16641,1101760531,00.html
09-16-03 05:15 PM
glencar Man, which one of those is the worst cover?
09-16-03 05:18 PM
Joey " Man, which one of those is the worst cover? "

Macca's by far .........................

I don't know , I think the Stones' Time Cover and the Who's Time Cover look pretty compelling .

09-16-03 05:19 PM
glencar 100% agreement.
09-16-03 05:20 PM
Joey " 100% agreement. "

I would like to nuzzle you .
09-16-03 05:21 PM
glencar Oh & just when I was gonna call it a day...
09-16-03 05:30 PM
steel driving hammer

Word To Your Lover!
09-16-03 05:49 PM
Joey

Steelie ...........................

You DEFINITELY " GOT GAME " today my Brother .

09-16-03 10:36 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
I don't know , I think the Stones' Time Cover and the Who's Time Cover look pretty compelling .

The Stones look like a disfunctional family having their portrait made at Wal-Mart. Man! I forgot how BAD Mick's hair was in '89!

The Who cover looks like the style of Ralph Steadman. Is it?

Was Paul Williams ever on the cover of Time?

I know he made "Munchkin Monthly" 16 times.
09-16-03 10:57 PM
Boomy Damn. Kenney Jones had a tough task, didn't he? Taking over for the great Keith "I Need a Drink" Moon.

That's why Face Dances and It's Hard are probably two of the worst albums in rock history... and I can't believe I own them!!! Even Townshend said the last great year for the Who was 1975!

On topic, I did receive this Time Magazine issue and I was proud to see Cash on the cover.
09-17-03 08:07 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Uggh. Poor Kenney. He thought he could just play like the Faces used to in the Who... and they flatlined. He's not that bad of a drummer, either, he just wasn't the right choice, at all.

That being said, Face Dances is a far worse album than It's Hard, surprisingly. Face Dances' best song is "The Quiet One", because it's the only straight rocker. Everything else is poppy art-rock tripe, it's just that occasionally it's passable art-rock tripe like "You Better You Bet" or "How Can You Do It Alone". "Did You Steal My Money" is a travesty before humanity.

It's Hard wasn't much better, but it *did* have a few forgotten songs that weren't so bad or that Pete just threw one too many synths on. "I've Known No War", "Eminence Front", "Cry If You Want" are great examples - however, listening to the album's like walking through a minefield, knowing that you'll eventually hit "It's Your Turn" or "Cook's County" if you're not careful.

-tSYX --- Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo, cry if you want...
09-17-03 09:29 AM
Joey " That's why Face Dances and It's Hard are probably two of the worst albums in rock history... and I can't believe I own them!!! Even Townshend said the last great year for the Who was 1975! "

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!?!?!

Both " Face Dances " and " It's Hard " are light years ahead of the dreaded " Dirty Work " disc .

Name me one Rock Anthem off of " Dirty Work " ?!?!?!

Ah , HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought so !!!!!!!!!

Where would rock be without the pure beauty of " You Better / You Bet " or " Eminence Front " ?!?!?!

{{{{{{{{{{ HUH ?!?!?!?! }}}}}}}}}}}

.....and Fleabit , the more I think about , the Stones all look pretty " Healthy " on that Airbrushed Time Magazine Cover --- either that or I miss Bill Wyman .

And you REALLY DO look EXACTLY like Paul Williams !!!!!

" It must be the Rainbow Connection Ronnie "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
09-17-03 10:37 AM
jb That was possibly the worst haircut Mick ever had...if you notice, in 94, he wore his hair unusually longer.
Do you think Mick or Keith will make the cover when they die? I know Macca will.
09-17-03 10:46 AM
Joey " Do you think Mick or Keith will make the cover when they die? I know Macca will. "

Macca DEFINITELY will !!!!!!

It is my profound belief that both Mick and Keith 's and the Petey's birthdays will one day be worldwide holidays as more and more individuals realize that they just don't write songs like THAT anymore and nobody may ever write like that again .

Getting ready for a " memorable concert esperience " this evening ?????? You have no idea how lucky you are to see such talent on stage tonight . They played Tampa last night so I hope Donald's voice is not shot .

Developing .....................................

J. the Y .

09-17-03 10:50 AM
jb Did they play at the Tampa Ice Palace or some outdoor venue...the weather here has been beautiful.....I am hoping for a good show with minimal "GAYNESS"...
[Edited by jb]
09-17-03 11:01 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
The Stones look like a disfunctional family having their portrait made at Wal-Mart.

I love the way you post.

So easy to read and filled w/ truth (not your Political ones though ;^)

I also think Mick's hair was bad in 89 but really liked Charlie's in 89-90.
09-17-03 11:04 AM
jb Nelley is coming out with a drink called "Pimp Juice"....
09-17-03 11:13 AM
steel driving hammer LOL,

Pimp Juice

Ingredients: water, high fructose corn syrup and/or sucrose, apple juice concentrate, citric acid, natural flavor, d-Ribose, Malic Acid, ascorbic acid, inositol, maltodextrin, guarana (paullinia cupana) seed extract, niacin, calcium panthothenate, tuarine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, yellow #5, riboflavin, blue #1, cyanocobalamin

Nutrition Facts: calories 140; total fat: 0g; sodium 5mg; total carbs 35g; sugars 34g; protein 0g; vitamin C 100%; riboflavin 100%; niacin 100%; vitamin B6 100%; vitamin B12 100%; pantothenic acid 100%

www.letitloose.com

09-17-03 11:16 AM
Joey " Did they play at the Tampa Ice Palace or some outdoor venue...the weather here has been beautiful.....I am hoping for a good show with minimal "GAYNESS"... "

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Donald starts " eyeballing " you it is best to just look away and take a hit .

Trust me on This one little thing !!!!!

The venue ?!?!?!?!

Sept 16: Tampa, FL : St. Pete Times Forum |

Jacky !

09-17-03 11:18 AM
Boomy http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/

WOW!
[Written by Ralph Nader]
[Edited by Boomy]
09-17-03 11:46 AM
Joey " The Who cover looks like the style of Ralph Steadman. Is it? "

Fleabit ..............................

Let me do some research on this and I will get right back to you .

Jacky ( Game Face On ) !

09-17-03 11:49 AM
Joey

Answer :

No !

http://www.ralphsteadman.com/index.asp