ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did the Stones do any Cash covers? Return to archive
09-14-03 03:39 PM
steel driving hammer Can't believe I can't think of any off hand.
09-14-03 07:56 PM
Voja No!
Vice versa > Cash did ''No Expetations''!
09-14-03 09:20 PM
steel driving hammer Wow! Visa versa! Who would of thought? Forgot about No Expectations!

Stones never did any Johnny?!

Maybe the Stones will do Bye Bye Johnny next show!

LOL!!
09-15-03 08:42 AM
Jumacfly would be great Steelie...i guess they will do "you got me rockin" instead....bastards...

cheers

julian
09-15-03 10:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Did the Stones do any Cash covers?

No

Did the Stones do any Cash?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
09-15-03 10:54 AM
steel driving hammer The Stones made alot of Cash! LOL!
09-15-03 11:21 AM
Joey

No , but THE WHO have covered many Johnny Cash tunes ( most recently on their 2000 Tour -- See Denver ! )

" Hello Mountain People Ronnie "

Jercee !
09-15-03 12:07 PM
Street Fighting Man (AP) -- Johnny Cash earned the respect of musicians across all genres. Following his death, many of them spoke about Cash's achievements:

"His influence spread over many generations. I loved him as singer and a writer. I remember years ago a big part of our repertoire was two of my favorite Johnny Cash songs, 'I Walk The Line' and 'Ballad Of A Teenage Queen.'"
--Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones.

"[Cash] answered to no one but himself, what he heard in his own heart and own mind and own soul. He was never dictated to by a trend or convention or by corporate powers that be. He did it his way."
--Marty Stuart, who was once in Cash's band and married to his daughter Cindy

"Whether anybody knows it or not, they were directly or indirectly influenced by Johnny Cash. Rock 'n' roll, country, gospel, Johnny's music crossed any boundary that was put up in front of him."
--Kenny Chesney, singer

"To hear that Johnny was interested in doing my song was a defining moment in my life's work. To hear the result really reminded me how beautiful, touching and powerful music can be. The world has truly lost one of the greats."
--Trent Reznor, Nine Inch Nails. Cash's video of Reznor's "Hurt" recently won an award for best cinematography from MTV.

"Johnny Cash has only passed into the greater light. He will never, ever die. He will only become more important in this industry as time goes by."
Dolly Parton, singer
09-15-03 12:11 PM
Joey Mick Jagger recently commented that years ago a big part of the Rolling Stones' repertoire was two of his favorite Johnny Cash songs, 'I Walk The Line' and 'Ballad Of A Teenage Queen.'

-- Thank You

The Joey !

09-15-03 11:56 PM
souldoggie I've always thought that Dead Flowers was sort of a tribute to Johnny Cash. It always seemed to me that Jagger was sort of imitating his vocal. Especially the two verses.
09-16-03 04:05 AM
beer With absolute respect to Johnny, i thought his version of No Expectations was terrible.

A slow sad song, done upbeat?