ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: White Stripes In Berkeley Return to archive
09-14-03 04:58 AM
Gimme Shelter I just got back from the White Stripes show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. Great show, very cool place to see a gig. Jack White dedicated a song to Johnny Cash.
09-14-03 11:08 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I just got back from the White Stripes show at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley. Great show, very cool place to see a gig. Jack White dedicated a song to Johnny Cash.

Wow! I didn't know Jack had recovered from his broken finger. I thought they had to re-break it and he wouldn't play again till next year, so this is really good news.

Did you get a chance to ask Meg if she would be my sister? No? Oh.

I really like Meg. She's like a cross between the Mona Lisa and the truck stop waitress who calls you "Hon". And she smokes!
09-14-03 12:09 PM
Gimme Shelter This was the first show back for Jack after his injury. His finger seemed to be totally recovered from the auto accident, because he jammed. It was only the two of them up there and they rocked.
09-14-03 12:31 PM
Gimme Shelter Here is the setlist from last night if anyone is inteested.

The White Stripes: September 13, 2003, Berkeley Greek Theatre

The Big Three
Dead Leaves
When I Hear Her Name
I Got Stripes (Johnny Cash Tribute, Jack Recited the Lyrics
Death Letter
Grinnin’ In Your Face
Black Math
Apple Blossom
You’re Pretty Good Looking
In the Cold, Cold Night
I Don’t Know What To Do With Myself
Ball & Biscuit
Hardest Button To Button
We Are Going To Be Friends
Isis
Let’s Shake Hands
Pick a Bale Of Cotton

Encore:
Seven Nation Army
Little Room
Union Forever
Truth Doesn’t Make a Noise
He’s Looking For a Home

09-14-03 12:43 PM
steel driving hammer Did Mick Taylor join them on stage?
09-14-03 03:03 PM
Martha Thanks for posting this Gimme Shelter. I have tickets for the show in Cleveland November 30th! Sounds fabulous! And it is nice about the tribute they made to Johnny Cash. Very respectful.

I can only imagine how well they jammed! :-)

09-14-03 04:28 PM
Gimme Shelter I'm not kidding, Jack White is a very talented guitarist.
09-15-03 09:48 AM
Martha
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I'm not kidding, Jack White is a very talented guitarist.

I'm well aware of that...he blistered Conan's desk the last night they appeared on his show, when they did that week long gig several months back. I cannot wait to see them again. Fortunately, we got to see them open for the Stones in Columbus last October.
09-15-03 09:52 PM
Gimme Shelter That must have been a pretty cool show.