ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nominees Set for 2004 Rock Hall of Fame (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-15-03 04:08 PM
beer
quote:
jb wrote:
Kiss and Aerosmith were o.k.-nothing remakable ...I do love, however, that Kiss song that goes "I'm the king of the nightime world"....

JB, did you really go see Aerosmith? What were you thinking??
09-15-03 04:09 PM
Factory Girl I think MotherBaby (??) posted that Johnny Winter at one time had a petition on his website about his admission to Rock Hall.

I just want Mr. Winter get his due and his wish.

Btw, was watching JW play a gig in 1979, and Patti Smith jumps onstage during Johnny Be Good. Priceless...
09-15-03 04:11 PM
jb Just something to do on a friday night....Kiss was opener(no ace freely) and they were pretty bad....Aerosmith (amazingly popular with the audience )was very good despite my not liking them...their guitar players make ronnie and Keith look deceased....
09-15-03 04:15 PM
beer ya know JB, i have to agree. as much as i dislike areosmith, i saw some recent footage of them and their guitars are fuckin loud and they were playin the hell out of em. granted i hate their music, but as far as sound goes, they almost made our boys look silly.
09-15-03 04:17 PM
jb Yes...I was slightly jealous at how well they sounded..
09-15-03 04:24 PM
Joey
They just opened up the brand spanking new twenty-thousand seat " Qwest Center " arena here in Omaha and I was thinking of seeing this Kiss/Aerosmith Amalgam when they arrive next month .

Then I thought , " Nah , even though Gene Simmons is Jewish , he STILL is not " Donald Fagen " .

Word to Everyone's Mother !

Jacky !
09-15-03 09:51 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Joey wrote:

Moonie .............that disc BITES !

Thus , it is as if it never happened .

Joey, you make Stevie cry like a wounded schoolgirl. Who Came First does about the same, except the tears are of nothing but pure joy.

"Oh, Parvardigar, the preserver and protector of all..."
09-15-03 10:20 PM
sirmoonie Hey C-Moonie, Joey is out of the Who club now. Its just you and me left to carry on the Truth.

Joey never even knew the lucky Who sign as it turns out.
09-16-03 12:53 AM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
I was there a few years back & it was okay but the Stones exhibit was teeny.

I have to agree with glencar on this one. Last month I went there for the first time and was really disappointed how the Stones' exhibit was kinda stuck-off in a corner. Naturally, I personally feel that they should have their own friggin floor...but, I don't run the place. Jimi Hendrix & Jim Morrison, with everything that was donated from their estates, pretty much occupies the level...and that's okay, their families definately cleaned out the closets so-to-speak.

quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Don't get me wrong: there's plenty of cool stuff in there. Even some of THAT pisses me off, though - Muddy Waters' famous red telecaster is there. WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT IN CHICAGO? Why isn't it at 2120 S. Michigan Avenue, where it earned its iconic status?

Agreed!...and I'll take it a step beyond.
Bronze that bitch and perch it atop the Sears Tower with a flashing neon sign for incoming tourists flying in over the lake so they can have a jaw-dropping experience upon their arrivals!

quote:
Martha wrote:
I love the Rock Hall. I've never had a bad time there and I always meet the coolest, kindest and most interesting people there..people who love music as much as I do. So, it is worth its existence absolutely for that reason alone. I just skip the shit that I could care less about and move on. There is plenty to see that I do enjoy...so let's ROCK! :-)

Yeah, Martha...I'll definately go back again. And I'll talk jb into making a trip one day too, lol. (He'll never admit it, but he'd be like a kid in a candy store...)

The only thing that dampered the day for me was the fact that they allowed Bono to 'exploit' his AIDS cause as a highlight in honoring "TWO DECADES OF U2" (Honest to God, that's the main exhibit until the end of this year...) IMHO, U2 should have their 15 minutes of showcased fame at the Hall...they've paid their dues. It just pissed me off that Bono had his own little charity drive that was almost poured down your throat.

Bono, save that shit for the telethons babe...okay?

And another thing...I signed your guest book while I was there. Oh, I did. SS will be sooooo proud
09-16-03 09:30 AM
Joey " Hey C-Moonie, Joey is out of the Who club now. Its just you and me left to carry on the Truth.

Joey never even knew the lucky Who sign as it turns out. "

You make young Joesy cry and snort snot !
09-16-03 10:06 AM
jb Joey, tomorrow night is the big show....does fagen ever get up and dance during the show?
09-16-03 10:23 AM
Joey " Joey, tomorrow night is the big show....does fagen ever get up and dance during the show? "

No , but Walter Becker has been known to get up off of his stool every time Donald Fagen " muffs " lyrics to Aja .

Damn Straight .

Hell Josh , I bet you are just " twitching " thinking about tomorrow's gig . Where are you sitting ??????

" Roseland Saturday night 9/13/03...

As has been stated by others - unique to most Dan shows, it was the mind blowing audience participation that stood out here. It's no doubt what got Walter to rate this show as one of his favorites. Donald's reaction to the crowd's vocal on "Don't Take Me Alive" was amusing as hell. This was indeed one for the books.

The set list was the same as Friday night. EMG is an incredible live tune. It's breadth and scope now fully realized in the live setting. Aja, Godwhacker, Black Cow, Caves, Home At Last, Parkers Band, Lunch With Gina, Kid C, Don't Take Me Alive - all were absolutely flawless. Carlock's pyrotechnics on Josie were stunning. Herington's guitar solo on Haitian Divorce was utterly transcendent. Out of the myriad number of shows I've been lucky enough to witness this time out, this was indeed at or very near the top. (Oakdale being another consideration).

It was great seeing Pete, Shari, Hoops, Brian Sweet, Jon Herington, Keith Carlock, Ted Baker, Cynthia Calhoun, Tom Barney, Jim Pugh, Cornelius Bumpus, Bernard Purdie and a host of other Dan fans over at Le Bar Bat after the show. A Dan related experience for the ages, to be sure.

Tom McLoughlin (of Brew Against Nature fame) and I have been fans since 1972. After nearly 31 years of keeping the faith, it doesn't appear reasonable that we will ever fully comprehend a night like Saturday. Only the wildest of imaginations could have envisioned an event such as this. Special thanks to the amazing Mr. Pete Fogel for not only having that vision, but for actually pulling it off!

Keith Carlock is not only a fine drummer - he is an engaging and affable human being as well. His deference to drumming legend Bernard Purdie during a decidedly rigorous "Home At Last" from the Le Bar Bat stage was laudable. Thus demonstrating that the mentoring system is alive and well in the 21st century. Thankfully.

Cornelius' bluesy and lyrical tenor lines were on display all night as was the virtuoso 'bone experimentations of Jim Pugh. Our man Jon Herington also took a quick turn on telecaster for a lively "Knock On Wood". This was the house band for our little after Dan get together folks... Fucking pinch me! "

http://www.dandom.com/guestbook/

09-16-03 10:38 AM
jb Sitting to the left of the stage, row 14....
09-16-03 10:47 AM
steel driving hammer I think the Stones deserve to be inducted again.
09-16-03 11:23 AM
Joey " Sitting to the left of the stage, row 14.... "

Enjoy !

And please get there early .

Jacky !
09-16-03 12:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
I think the Stones deserve to be inducted again.

Hell YES. Clapton's in THREE times: once for overplaying in Cream, once for his nap-inducing solo work, and, um...once for something else. Being a Yardbird perhaps? A Domino? Who cares, it's ridiculous.

The Stones should go in once for the Brian era, once for the MT era, and once for having a Woody; once for Keith Richard and once for Keith RichardS; and a special award for Keith for playing while in a coma during most of 1974.

But most importantly, there should be a whole wing of the museum dedicated to Bill Wyman's seminal solo album "Monkey Grip".
09-16-03 12:08 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Sitting to the left of the stage, row 14.... "

Enjoy !

And please get there early .

Jacky !

I don't know about all THAT, but you're RIGHT - I look exactly like one of those guys, especially in the second picture you posted.

Oh by the way, which one's Dan?
09-16-03 12:15 PM
jb I'll never forget that episode of "The Wonder Years" star the great Fred Savage in which they go "looking" for the Stones. A true classic....
09-16-03 12:18 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Hell YES. Clapton's in THREE times: once for overplaying in Cream, once for his nap-inducing solo work, and, um...once for something else. Being a Yardbird perhaps? A Domino? Who cares, it's ridiculous.

It is.

I can't stand it when some are famous for being good but behind closed doors, they are just like the Stones.

People like,

Clapton,
McCartney,
All the Jacksons,
Tom Hanks etc.

Flip side, Stones are prolly good people, they just like that bad boy image.

Check out Mr. Politician in his suit and tie.

Behind closed doors there ain't nothing he won't try.

09-16-03 01:00 PM
Joey " Oh by the way, which one's Dan? "

Pink Anderson ..................................

or is it Floyd Council ????????????????????????

Developing ............................

And you DO look just like Walter " Chiba Chiba " Becker

http://www.steelydan.com/lyrics.html

Jacky Boy !

Page: 1 2