ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Does Anyone here really think ................ Return to archive
09-12-03 10:38 AM
Joey

..........................that Stoney's Penn State Nittany Lions really have a chance against mighty Nebraska Saturday Evening ???????

I didn't think so ! In fact , if the Huskers were to lose , I would even drink of his Ball Custard ( But it ain't gonna happen so I do not have to worry ) .

What ?!?!?!?!?! Oh , of course :

My back to the wall
A victim of laughing chance ;
This is for me
The essence of true romance .
Sharing the things we know and love
With those of my kind ;
Libations ................
Sensations ....................
That stagger the mind .

I crawl like a viper
Through these suburban streets ;
Make love to these women
Languid and bittersweet .
I'll rise when the sun goes down
Cover every game in town ;
A world of my own
I'll make it my home sweet home .

I'll learn to work the saxophone
I'll play just what I feel ;
Drink Barenjager all night long
And die behind the wheel .
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when the Nittany Lions lose ;
They call Nebraska the " CornHuskers "
Call me Stoney Blues .

..................Stoney Blues !

STONES !

The Jercee , Established 1999

09-12-03 10:45 AM
Boomy I was looking for Townshend-Daltrey news on Google, and all I get is the stuff from last year. "Townshend says 'Expect new Who in 2003'"...WTF, I already knew this! But where is the new stuff? Are they recording or is Pete taking a break and freshening up? Roger wants to do something, damn it!

Is this the right line-up for studio work: Roger, Pete, Pino, and Zak (and Simon and whoever plays the keyboards)?

09-12-03 10:46 AM
steel driving hammer In all seriousness, I'd be so happy for SS if they won!

Penn State really does have a great solid defense but in tomorrow's game, they can't let a single play be wasted cause Nebraska will come an stick a corn cob in thier ass.

My real prediction Nebraska 27 Penn State 17.
09-12-03 10:50 AM
Joey " My real prediction Nebraska 27 Penn State 17. "

I would like to nuzzle you .

Nebraska 35 Penn State 10

YES!!!!!!!!

09-12-03 11:04 AM
Joey " Is this the right line-up for studio work: Roger, Pete, Pino, and Zak (and Simon and whoever plays the keyboards)? "

Yes my Brother .................................

It is my belief that both the Rolling Stones AND the WHO will be releasing new studio albums NEXT year .

YES !!!!!

Jercee !
09-12-03 11:10 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
It is my belief that both the Rolling Stones AND the WHO will be releasing new studio albums NEXT year .

Wouldn't that be great!

But give the Stones 2 years rest and let The Who come out first.
09-12-03 11:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot I have never known life without Joe Paterno and Penn State Football.

One thing I've learned...nah, I'll let you guys learn for yourselves.

Penn State is not as good as they are going to get. It's good for the Huskers to catch the Lions now, and not later.

Lions by a late field goal.
09-12-03 11:21 AM
Joey " Wouldn't that be great!

But give the Stones 2 years rest and let The Who come out first. "

Amen my Baby Steelie .

By the way , can you believe that Stoney REALLY does believe that his beloved Lions are going to win tomorrow evening ???????????????????????????

Delusional ?!?!?!?!

Developing ..................................

Jacky Jack and the Funky Bunch !
09-12-03 11:33 AM
steel driving hammer "By the way , can you believe that Stoney REALLY does believe that his beloved Lions are going to win tomorrow evening ???????????????????????????"

No chance, no chance, Heartbreaker.

But hey, won't be sad if the Bears lose on the opening day of Soldier Field? There's alot of talk on the AM dial about this. There's also talk the Green Gay is going to give them the game since it's early in the season.
09-12-03 11:54 AM
Joey " But hey, won't be sad if the Bears lose on the opening day of Soldier Field? There's alot of talk on the AM dial about this. There's also talk the Green Gay is going to give them the game since it's early in the season. "

They sure put that new stadium up pretty fast my Brother .

I will be rooting for my Bears on the 29th , THAT'S for sure !

Oh , and my Chiefs Sunday ( Chiefs got a Defense my Baby Steelie )

Jacky !

09-12-03 09:30 PM
Fiji Joe Now Joey...you be sure and post this tripe the week preceeding the K-State Husker affair...I can't wait...whooooooooooooooooooo wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
09-12-03 09:40 PM
mac_daddy line opened at 9 and it is sitting at 10.5 now. How good is Nebraska this year? If they are much better than BC, youu could be in for a long afternoon. Over 43 is a good bet, though...

as for my alma mater, we are favored by 4 to beat UConn. and it opened at 5 (and went as high as 6). That means the smart money is on the Huskies - I smell a fish, and will be staying away...
09-12-03 09:45 PM
Lil Raging Goat Blah footbal in nebraka like sex in barnyard. Lotta noise, but in end, it stil sex in barryard
09-12-03 10:34 PM
Some Guy I hope the Bulldogs beat South Carolina
09-13-03 02:28 PM
mac_daddy well nothing appears to be fishy about the BC/UConn game after all - BC is handling them nicely (after spotting the Huskies 7 pts)...

good luck with the 'Huskers today.
09-13-03 03:47 PM
mac_daddy bring on the 'canes!!!
09-13-03 04:44 PM
gypsy I'm so glad Arkansas beat Texas today!
09-13-03 07:03 PM
mac_daddy alot of top 25 upsets today, gypsy...

and the defeat of texas is unquestionably the grandest of them all!

unless the Rainbows beat USC in the nightcap...
09-14-03 11:16 AM
steel driving hammer I said within 10, difference was only by 2.

Who da stud and what for Ronnie!
09-15-03 10:21 AM
Joey " Now Joey...you be sure and post this tripe the week preceeding the K-State Husker affair...I can't wait...whooooooooooooooooooo wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee "

Fiji ..................................?!?!?!

Is that really you ?!?!?!

Actually , I am a little worried about K - State .

But then again , whose to say they will not end up like your Royals ( what , five games out of first right now ??????????? ) .

Developing ........................

Shiver .............................

Jacky !

09-15-03 10:29 AM
Boomy Joey,

I saw "The Who: Live At Royal Albert Hall" triple album for $19. Is it worth it?!?!?!

Also, I saw Steely Dan's new album, and I just walked away from it, laughing.