ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DO YOU THINK THIS IS THE LAST TOUR? Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-10-03 08:20 AM
JaggerLips I sure as Hell hope not as I want to see them again! but I think if they tour in the future it won't be as extravagant as this tour I mean a whole year on the road going to Australia to America and all this in between.

Sorry for the scary title of this topic but hey it has to be said.
09-10-03 09:17 AM
steel driving hammer I think the Stones should go out with them telling us it's the last time.

Instead of the media / critics telling us it will be the last time.

Cause if the Stones tell us, everyone would be focused on it because we'll know for sure.

Jeez, it's sad to even think about it.
09-10-03 09:44 AM
jb Given all the criticism and disappointment many (including me) have expressed during this tour, I think it probably should be the finale....I don't think they are going to get any better and it would be painful to watch them further blemish their legacy .
09-10-03 09:49 AM
steel driving hammer I just can't see how they can stop w/out playing Lady Jane or 2000 Man.

I know they played Lady Jane in the 60's but COME ON it's the 00's!
09-10-03 09:56 AM
jb Why must you have that nazi bitches picture SDH...it is repulsive .
09-10-03 10:02 AM
steel driving hammer I liked her work.

I'll remove it per your request.

LOL.
09-10-03 10:09 AM
jb She glorified the worlds greatest mass murderer and made hin appear human...she should have been hung as a war criminal ...
09-10-03 10:13 AM
steel driving hammer She did what she was ordered.

Otherwise she'd of been shot.
09-10-03 12:06 PM
Joey

I like eggs !

09-10-03 12:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot Is this the last tour?

Yes. I think it is the last grand scale world tour.

Is this the end of the Rolling Stones doing live shows?

No. I think the Stones will instead do extended engagements. A couple of weeks in Vegas, a couple of weeks in Atlantic City, a couple of weeks in London, a couple of weeks in Paris...I could see that happen. But a 100 show 2 year tour? I doubt it.
09-10-03 12:48 PM
Moonisup I hope it's the last BIG scale tour! And maybe it's the last tour, would be a good thing I think, however, I doubt that they stop, as long as they perform WELL. I hope that after this they look in a mirror and say; we could have done better in Europe. I say that as someone who saw 12 shows, and not more the 4 where GREAT and the rest was medicore.
Scale it down, not 4 shows in a week, just 2, and I think it will be better...

Rik
09-10-03 01:30 PM
Highwire Rob Do they still have that "Millennium Dome" in England? ...the one that was going to be the "envy of all nations"?

Why don't they re-christen it the Stones Dome then the band will live and play there exclusively. Stones fans from the world over will flock to the site as if to Mecca.

That would be some serious moo-la for England and the band!

Come on Keef! Connecticut... a bubble... what's the big deal?
09-10-03 01:36 PM
jb The only thing that would excite people for a nw tour would be Bill and Mick T. coming back for one final hurrah....
09-10-03 01:44 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
The only thing that would excite people for a nw tour would be Bill and Mick T. coming back for one final hurrah....

Oh Gawd...here we go with the KFC and underage girl jokes again. I can feel it comin'!
09-10-03 01:50 PM
steel driving hammer Watchel, Townshend, Wyman and Preston should form a band.

Girls under 18 free addmission.
09-10-03 01:55 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Watchel, Townshend, Wyman and Preston should form a band.

Girls under 18 free addmission.

Part of a typical setlist:
Good Morning Little Schoolgirl
Little Baby
Old Enough To Pee, Old Enough For Me (an original tune)
(Don't)Go Away, Little Girl
Anything by Gary Puckett
Pussy (from Wyman's first solo album)

To name a few..any other ideas out there?
09-10-03 02:00 PM
steel driving hammer Pictures Of Lilly?
09-10-03 02:54 PM
Joey " Pictures Of Lilly? "

Great song about Masturbation !
09-10-03 03:15 PM
Some Guy Scrambled or over easy?
09-10-03 04:33 PM
Joey

I DO Masturbate you know ..........................

I do !!!!!!!!!

Spanky !
09-10-03 04:33 PM
nankerphelge There was never any doubt!
09-10-03 04:39 PM
Joey " There was never any doubt! "

I would like to caress your kneecaps .
09-10-03 05:46 PM
Miss U. Don't forget Stray Cat Blues!!!

Well, I think they will definitely continue playing & touring,
but I think they should scale it down, do club gigs only
from now on, take more risks with the music, no more
warhorses. Play some other goodies. Lower ticket prices.
09-11-03 11:27 AM
UGot2Rollme add "Sweet Little 16" to the setlist.

As for the "Last Time"? NO. I think they'll do it again in 2-3 years...at least I hope so, but wish they'd do it differently, playing more mixed sets for the "true fans". However, I think Mick is a bit hung up on outgrossing each previous tour, so I don't it will be anything too creative (i.e. the War Horses will still be there). The ticket prices will only go up, too.

Don't Stop!
09-11-03 02:15 PM
tumbling_dice I think they will tour again. I doubt it will be anything as big as this tour though. There is no end to the Rolling Stones and there shouldn't be. I don't think they will ever make the big "farewell tour announcement" like so many other bands do only to get tons of money and then suddenly reunite a few years l8r for another tour. I think they will go on until it is just not physically possible. What else can they do- they are the Stones?
09-11-03 02:25 PM
Joey
You posit some very articulate and well thought out propositions . However , upon further analysis , It has indeed become apparent that promulgation of ...................................Oh , Damnit .................I have to go take a pee .
09-11-03 02:30 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Hasn't each of there last few tours over the last few decades been their 'last'? I like the idea of extended stays, like Clapton did at Albert Hall. Don't forget about the 5 shows in Chicago this tour, if they play, people will come!
09-11-03 08:14 PM
Steel Wheels This is certainly not the last of the grand touring days for the band. They will continue to play, record, and defy their detractors for many years to come.
09-11-03 09:34 PM
ezequiel the stones will rock FOREVER.
no matter what the media says and no matter if they don`t do such big tours as this one.
of course, they have to come back to ARGENTINA.
ezequiel
[Edited by ezequiel]
[Edited by ezequiel]
09-11-03 11:42 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Well, Keith knows more about this then anyone here and he has said many times before that they will never announce a Farewell tour. How could they ever know what the future holds? Bands that do that shit just want to milk it for the dollar and The Stones get enough money without lowering their self to those standards. One day we'll wake up and find that one of the boys has passed on or have a serious illness and that will prevent the show from continuing on. That's the only way I ever see the machine stopping and I hope that's not for many more years to come! As for jb, dude you make this board such a fucking negative place. Don't you have something better to do then to claim to be a loyal fan, but by your words you are far from it. Mr. Lawyer, yeah right.
[Edited by Happy Motherfucker!!]
Page: 1 2