ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1969 by Someone at the Associated Press With thanks to Stoneslib
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Point, Dublin - 9 September - setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-14-03 01:54 PM
glencar I had some highly annoying Germans behind me at the second show but you can't let those things bother you. It's the music that matters.
09-14-03 07:23 PM
Toronto Tom It was actually a real treat to see the 40 licks show in a theater setting. The first night I thought the stones were a little bit off overall. However the 2nd night was amazing. They smoked. It was very annoying the first night having to stay seated in the balcony. Then to make matters worse the first 2 rows got up every 5 minutes. Mick is on the little jut out off the stage fans are arms up trying to reach out and people are getting up during this and leaving or stepping in front of you and you can't stand up to look around them. What is up with that.

The 2nd night Al and I were lucky enough to be in the first two seats in the balcony on Ronnies side. The view reminded us both of being at the palais royale but we could sit in comfort. Both mick and Keith came right to the end and we were stairing at them feet away it was great.

When the show first started I said to Al look I am standing right away. I did and security told me to sit down right away. I am inches from the stones in total confort and I can't stand I am going crazy. I looked at the people behind me who I know are the fans from the fan club and gave them the lets get up and we all did Security came over told us to sit down adn we told them to fuck off and they left us alone.

Sitting in front of me was Bono's Wife nad best friend the ARtist. When Its only rock N roll started I thought for sure Bono would be on but never seen him. There was a few more stars in the front row that left early but not sure who they were.

This 2nd show was fantastic. The energy the stones showed was 2nd to none in shows I have seen. They had as much fun in that show as the Wiltern. Mick had nothing to prove at t his one he just had fun with a 40 licks setlist.

Security were turds they sat beside us with flashlights locating people with cameras and tossing them. They got so into this they enjoyed every minute of it to its fullest.

Every song I heard in Dublin I have heard before but the shows were excellent and atmosphere was undescribable it was so good. This was a set of shows not to have been missed.

It was great meeting some of the rocks off people. Gazza AngieGirl and some of the others that slip my mind right now. I have some pictures from the bar I can post later.

It was a shame that we did not have a bar set up ahead of time for parties before and after. Over the days I spent in Dublin I ran into so many rocks off , Undercover, and Shidoobee people that we could have had some good sized parties had something been planned. It was ironic that off all the bars that are in Dublin the one that was set up was closed when people showed up for it. LOL to funny. Good time was had by everyone. To bad I could nto say goodbye to many as the hotel would not let us back in that bar and I could not find anyone else in temple bar area. Hope all made it home safe. Thanks for the laughs everyone who I met again or for the first time. Everywhere I turned I ran into a fan from the boards (internet).

Till the next time we meet.

Tom

09-16-03 03:05 PM
Gazza Sorry you couldnt get back into Jury's after the 2nd show so I could have said goodbye to you and Al properly. I guess your "but I'm a friend of Gazza's" line to the doorman cant work EVERY night.

Found it hard to believe how many people I just "bumped into" those few days, whether it was from this site, Shidoobee, IORR or folks I've known down the years before the internet was even invented. It was a pleasure to see everyone.
Page: 1 2