ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philly shows - for Mr. Lawyer Return to archive
09-18-02 05:13 PM
Mikey Just went to ClearChannel website, as I am trying to score tix to some more West Coast shows, and low and behold, it seem that, although tix remain for the Vet show tonight, both the FUC and Tower show are SOLD OUT. Now take a guess as to which shows are NOT sold out. Yes, both Florida shows. A certain litigious individual was complaining that Philly hasn't sold out and blah, blah, blah, but both cities hosting shows in Fla (arenas!) can't sell out one show? Just one show!! I guess you guys need Whoopi to MC again.

Take a look for yourself.
http://sfx.com/artist.asp?artistID=18636

(Sorry, but the attacks on Philly got me going)
09-18-02 05:32 PM
jb Mikey, I have always admitted Florida is a lame state...before 89, the Stones never came to Miami! Why we got 2 shows is amazing to me...we barely sold out "No Security" tour. The Ft. Lauderdale gig is pretty full...some uppers available....but most tickets gone...Miami, however, has tons of tickets left....we are a lame ass city...however, unlike you,I never claimed to be a great Stones city...Your failure to sell out the Vet(50,000 seat) is a major embarrassment!
[Edited by jb]
09-18-02 05:37 PM
Mikey Ok, I respect your opinion although I don't agree with it. But I will to defend to the death your right to say it.

One last piece of friendly advice, don't root for the opposing team at Vet stadium during Eagle games under ANY circumstances. I think you will find you will have a much better time.

Cheers, have a great time at the shows in Fla and hope to see you at show.

Mikey
09-18-02 05:41 PM
jb Yes, I learned that the hard way...the only fights we get down here are at the Dolphin/Jets game....