ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia, PA September 18, 2002
by Fernando Aceves

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please say a prayer Return to archive
09-13-02 08:33 PM
Stonesdoug MarilynJagger's dad passed away yesterday at noon. He had been ill for a while but took a turn for the worse earleir this week.

I thought I saw an angel cry....
09-13-02 09:02 PM
Jaxx thanks, doug, for bringing that sad news here. i knew marilyn's father had been ill.

my thoughts and prayers are with her.

"hours are like diamonds, don't let them waste"
09-13-02 09:04 PM
Soul Survivor Not to sound like a dick, but who is MarilynJagger?
09-14-02 12:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm really sorry for this Marilyn, RIP I know he was the greatest daddy. Our love is with you in this hard time.
09-14-02 02:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Not to sound like a dick, but who is MarilynJagger?

A very good friend.

BTW, she's in the "We're only in it for the money" snapshot. She posts here with as Marilyn

09-14-02 05:50 PM
Gazza Very sorry to hear Marilyn's bad news - she's been a good friend to us on this board back from when we started.

RIP
09-14-02 06:36 PM
MRD8 Marilyn,
I know how bad you feel right now but he is in a much better place now! He suffered tremenously all year and now his pain is relieved...may God bless you and your Mom!
09-14-02 07:00 PM
moy god bless you and your dad marilyn, rip

sincerely

moyette

09-14-02 09:29 PM
glencar My deepest condolences, Marilyn. May he rest in peace.
09-15-02 04:06 AM
Cardinal Fang Marilyn, as in "Florida" Marilyn? I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You are a good person Marilyn. I know just how kind you have been to fellow Stones fanatics. You helped a GREAT friend of mine named Jon out with his tickets in Milwaukee in 1999. Take care and know that it WILL get better.

Cardinal Fang

AKA The Jimmy Whitley

09-15-02 05:21 AM
MarthaMyDear Marilyn, I'm really sorry to hear this and I hope that you take all of the time that you need to feel better, etc.!!! My father's health has been bad for a long time, but I can't imagine what you're going through right now... Anyways, take care and God bless you and your family, ok.???

Love,
Martha
09-15-02 07:45 AM
Nellcote Met Marylin at Sully's prior to the Fleet 09/03, then at the B Stage at the show. She's a peach.

Best Regards at this tough time!
09-15-02 10:00 AM
steel driving hammer I thought I saw a tear drop falling from his eye....

A warm empathy is w/ you.
09-15-02 05:27 PM
Moonisup He's in a good pleace now

" heaven "

rolling stones, tattoo you

rik
09-16-02 04:03 AM
peterdv always sad news
my condolences..

Peter
09-16-02 05:08 AM
Irina sad news...
my sincere condolences

Take care, Marilyn

Irina
09-16-02 06:48 AM
TomL My heart goes out to you..............
09-16-02 08:06 AM
hotlicks god bless you
09-16-02 06:00 PM
CS RIP Marilyn, in some cases is hard to see what's good, best, bad and worst.

Here's the prayer

Adonais
by Percy Bysshe Shelley

Peace, peace! He is not dead, he doth not sleep -
He has awakened from the dream of life -
'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
Invulnerable nothings.- We decay
Like corpses in a charnel; fear and grief
Convulse us and consume us day by day,
And cold hopes swarm like worms within our living clay

The One remains, the many changes and pass;
Heaven's light forever shines, Earth's shawdows fly;
Life, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
Stains the white radiance of Eternity,
Until Death tramples it to fragments.- Die,
If thou wouldst be that which thou dost seek!

[Edited by CS]
09-16-02 10:36 PM
Dandelion* Just want to add a note of support for what it's worth and hope it helps even just a little through the grief. I think this is the same Marilyn FPM and I met along with Ridgley back in '99 before a United Center show? So sorry to hear about your loss if you are reading this.
09-17-02 10:04 AM
jb Having lost my Father, I certainly can understand you feelings of lose. Hopefully, he is in a better place free of pain. My god comfort you and your family during this difficult time.
09-18-02 06:22 PM
Marilyn Hello everyone, thanks so much for your prayers and sympathy. I am at my brother's today, and of course we are all very sad. Its so stange, I got into Chicago on Monday as the band was about to go on at the Aragon, and I, mom and my brother were making last minute funeral arragements. I can only thank everyone for making my Boston trip so wonderful (Stonesdoug, Jason, Blue Lena etc and about 100 or so others at Sully's!)...yes, that was me in Chicago in April 99...Anyways...thanks again everyone and Rock on.....
Marilynjagger aka Marilyn from Orlando